• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation event expected to be delayed (days), 3rd parties dropping to do own events

ksdixon

If I understand correctly, his event moving proclamation is disputed.

89ObGPv.png

MDSLKTR

Usually a new COD is announced in may, so most likely Black Ops 5 that got dropped assuming marketing rights are with Sony again.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Breaking news! 3rd party companies will announce or show games in their own social media channels and events! Never seen before!

And guess what: the platform holder will show both 1st party and 3rd party game for their console! What a surprise! I'm such an insider! Look at me! HEY YOU, LOOK AT ME!

P.S.: You may never guessed it, but there's a fucking global pandemic so a few things may be delayed a few days.

You laugh, but it's all about the timing for this insider. If Sony does do a thing in the first half of June, then he'd be right. If they do something in August then he was wrong.

Sw0pDiller

Some smaller devs dont want to piss MS off by showing their game on PS5. Greenberg himself will absolutely smoke his twitter account by downplaying all announced games by tweeting: "can't wait to play this on my 12TF machine with velocity engines firing on all cilinders"

oh they try so hard and nobody wants to step on any toes. I suspect Phil Himself had some phonecalls with Epic soon after the demo asking WTF?

Still, any sane developer want to show them gamez on PS5 cuz me thinks it's gonna sell like hotcakes.

yurinka

So wait a minute, an unannounced event is delayed?
No, it's just a weak excuse for the case they don't do the event around the E3 dates, where all the game companies make announcements and streams, so it's pretty likely Sony will do something there.
You laugh, but it's all about the timing for this insider. If Sony does do a thing in the first half of June, then he'd be right. If they do something in August then he was wrong.
I think he's another bullshit 'insider', like those who said the reveal was going to be in February, later in May, now in June, etc. They just throw random dates to the wall to see if something sticks because people expects that reveal and would make sense to make it now.

He said 'hey this is coming in early June but isn't set in stone so it may change'. So doesn't matter if they reveal the console and its game tomorrow or in December, he will be 'right'.

Same goes with the content of the event. If he had some decent info would list the game that will be there or at least to drop some hints that after the event would verify if he was right or not. But this is not happening because he has no idea of what Sony will show in their upcoming events.

Without being an insider, it makes sense that from pre-E3 dates to a few weeks after E3/Gamescom due to covid, the main 3rd party companies will showcase their next gen games. And MS too. So it would make sense to see Sony showing their console before that, specially if some of these games showcase some cool PS5 feature on them. So it would make sense to have Sony explaining it with them, or having Sony explaining/showcasing that feature before. We're also half a year away from the console launch, so it's strange that Sony still didn't show their consoles and games at this point. So it's fair to assume they won't wait too much time.

But in the other side, we're in the middle of a global pandemic so it makes sense that something from the console, the demos to showcase these games, or the marketing and PR teams behind the related event, video and so on may neeed extra time. And in addition to this, PS4 sales are still great enough to be creating supply issues, so Sony may not want to reduce the PS4 great performance specially now that they will release 2 of their more important games fo the year and one of them from the generation, so maybe they don't want to announce the PS5 stuff now because they prefer to don't affect these games sales with PS5 hype. So maybe they don't show PS5 until 2 or 3 weeks after GoT release.

Regarding their competition, their record PS4 hardware, softwar and service sales, mixed with record social media numbers with the PS5 announcements lead to think that they shouldn't be worried at all. They shouldn't give a fuck about what MS says or does, because metrics lead to think PS5 will dominate the market as PS4 is doing in this generation. These numbers also mean that the big 3rd party people will prefer to show their stuff with Sony and sign marketing deals with them than with MS because PS has and seems that will continue having the lion market share. So they will be able to show big 3rd party names instead of the 2nd tier AA games MS shown in their 3rd party showcase.

Sony internal AAA PS5 exclusives pretty likely won't be crossgen as the MS ones will be, so are going to be pretty likely a better showcase of stuff that only next gen can do because they won't be trapped by last gen limitations. So regarding to penis size comparisions, Sony very likely is very confident, so maybe they don't care about making the showcase in February, now, in June or in August, because they are confident that will blow away the players and specially if they see the MS stuff before.

They have already set the date for interested parties.
Maybe. And maybe not.

Last edited:

Shambala

He clarified saying it’s actually Sony limiting the “pc demos saying it will be close to Ps5 hardware”. Nothing about doing their own events 😉

Kagey K

Banned
3rd parties should always stay from exclusive deals at the start of a gen. You don’t know which way the chips will fall and you should avoid pissing off an entire fanbase.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
3rd parties should always stay from exclusive deals at the start of a gen. You don’t know which way the chips will fall and you should avoid pissing off an entire fanbase.

Unless one of the platforms helps pay for the development of a game......then yeah they should be exclusive.

Top Bottom