• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Premium Gets 2-Hour Baldur’s Gate 3 Trial and a 1-Hour Gollum Trial

locking renamed demos behind a paywall is anyway stupid, but those can also be streamed so in that view asking money for it is somewhat justified. It binds some streaming ressources after all.

I guess allowing Gollum to appear there too might actually be nice for some hardcore Lord of the rings fans that are open to experience that troubled product, test the waters if they can stomach it. I would have hoped it turns out at least quite interesting- going for the idea was, not just another obvious Aragorn Legolas hero whatever. But development hell, bad management, too few people and time, clearly killed any potential.

Cashon

Banned
locking renamed demos behind a paywall is anyway stupid, but those can also be streamed so in that view asking money for it is somewhat justified. It binds some streaming ressources after all.

I guess allowing Gollum to appear there too might actually be nice for some hardcore Lord of the rings fans that are open to experience that troubled product, test the waters if they can stomach it. I would have hoped it turns out at least quite interesting- going for the idea was, not just another obvious Aragorn Legolas hero whatever. But development hell, bad management, too few people and time, clearly killed any potential.
It's not quite a "renamed demo," because you're playing the full game. Trophies, save file, etc... The speed run record for this game is only 30 minutes longer than the trial, so you could theoretically get through 4/5 of the game in this trial.

Top Bottom