• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: November 2023’s top downloads

It’s time to see which PS5, PS4, PS VR2, PS VR, and free-to-play games topped the download charts this month. November’s PS5 and PS4 list saw the newly released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III shoot to the top spot, with EA FC 24 also scoring big. The PS VR2 list also welcomed a newcomer in The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution as it rose from the dead to the top of the charts.

Check out the full listings below:

PS5 Games

US/CanadaEU
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIICall of Duty: Modern Warfare III
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2EA SPORTS FC 24
Madden NFL 24Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
EA SPORTS FC 24Grand Theft Auto V
NBA 2K24Hogwarts Legacy
Grand Theft Auto VAssassin’s Creed Mirage
Mortal Kombat 1Alan Wake 2
Baldur’s Gate 3ARK: Survival Ascended
UFC 5The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Hogwarts LegacyBaldur’s Gate 3
NARUTO X BORUTO Ultimate Ninja STORM CONNECTIONSUFC 5
Alan Wake 2NBA 2K24
Assassin’s Creed MirageCyberpunk 2077
God of War RagnarökAssassin’s Creed Valhalla
ARK: Survival AscendedF1 23
Cyberpunk 2077Gran Turismo 7
Gran Turismo 7It Takes Two
STAR WARS Jedi: SurvivorNARUTO X BORUTO Ultimate Ninja STORM CONNECTIONS
FINAL FANTASY XVIThe Crew Motorfest
RoboCop: Rogue CityGod of War Ragnarök
*Naming of products may differ between regions
*Upgrades not included

PS4 Games

US/CanadaEU
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIIEA SPORTS FC 24
Red Dead Redemption 2Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
MinecraftRed Dead Redemption 2
EA SPORTS FC 24Minecraft
NBA 2K24Need for Speed Heat
Grand Theft Auto VA Way Out
Madden NFL 24Grand Theft Auto V
Five Nights at Freddy’sNeed for Speed Payback
Need for Speed HeatHogwarts Legacy
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIFive Nights at Freddy’s
Hogwarts LegacyAssassin’s Creed Odyssey
Injustice 2Assassin’s Creed Origins
A Way OutGang Beasts
Batman: Arkham KnightF1 23
Gang BeastsBatman: Arkham Knight
theHunter: Call of the WildHouse Flipper
MLB The Show 23The Forest
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Game of the Year EditionNBA 2K24
Five Nights at Freddy’s 2STAR WARS Battlefront II
Need for Speed PaybackAssassin’s Creed Valhalla
*Naming of products may differ between regions

PS VR2 Games*

US/CanadaEU
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: RetributionThe Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution
Beat SaberBeat Saber
SynapseMoss: Book II
Horizon Call of the MountainHorizon Call of the Mountain
Moss: Book IISynapse
Walkabout Mini GolfPavlov
PavlovThe Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
Vampire: The Masquerade – JusticeRacket Fury: Table Tennis VR
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VRGreen Hell VR
NFL PRO ERARed Matter 2
*PS Store purchases only. Game upgrades or games bundled with hardware not included

PSVR Games

US/CanadaEU
Creed Rise to GloryBatman: Arkham VR
SUPERHOT VRCreed: Rise to Glory
Arizona SunshineSniper Elite VR
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VRSUPERHOT VR
Surgeon Simulator: Experience RealityArizona Sunshine
Batman: Arkham VRGoalkeeper VR Challenge
Job SimulatorBeat Saber
Beat SaberJob Simulator
Sniper Elite VRThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
ASTRO BOT Rescue MissionSurgeon Simulator: Experience Reality

Free to Play (PS5 + PS4)

US/CanadaEU
FortniteFortnite
RobloxRoblox
Call of Duty: WarzoneCall of Duty: Warzone
Apex LegendsRocket League
Rocket LeagueFall Guys
Fall GuyseFootball 2024
eFootball 2024Disney Speedstorm
MY HERO ULTRA RUMBLEThe Sims 4
Overwatch 2Apex Legends
The Sims 4MY HERO ULTRA RUMBLE

GTA V, every single month, who the fuck doesn't own this game by now? Spider-Man putting that work in, nice to see Hogwarts there too. CoD might be the strangest phenomenon in gaming history, a franchise that does very little evolution year in and year out but continues to dominate sales charts like clockwork, lowest common denominator is real indeed.

twilo99

CoD might be the strangest phenomenon in gaming history, a franchise that does very little evolution year in and year out but continues to dominate sales charts like clockwork, lowest common denominator is real indeed.

Despite all the hate it gets, Call of Duty has lots of magic built into it as far competitive FPS multiplayer games go.

In a very convoluted way it’s actually similar to Counter Strike in the manner it retains players by continuously giving them just the right hit of dopamine and adrenaline.. it’s very hard to do. I think CS is better, they don’t have to do anything on a yearly basis to retain players.. it’s a masterpiece.

In a way, those games mimic playing an actual sport, which is extremely powerful psychologically..

So, people can call it whatever they want, but Call of Duty is in fact a very, very good game.

bender

What time is it?
it’s very hard to do. I think CS is better, they don’t have to do anything on a yearly basis to retain players.. it’s a masterpiece.

We really don't know, but I'd guess COD could skip years and retain players but there is little incentive for Activision Microsoft to stop the factory like production schedule as even the "bad" games sell incredibly well. The audience that the series has cultivated is impressive.

Despite all the hate it gets, Call of Duty has lots of magic built into it as far competitive FPS multiplayer games go.

In a very convoluted way it’s actually similar to Counter Strike in the manner it retains players by continuously giving them just the right hit of dopamine and adrenaline.. it’s very hard to do. I think CS is better, they don’t have to do anything on a yearly basis to retain players.. it’s a masterpiece.

In a way, those games mimic playing an actual sport, which is extremely powerful psychologically..

So, people can call it whatever they want, but Call of Duty is in fact a very, very good game.

I've owned and extensively played many CoD titles from CoD3 onwards, I know exactly how it can get it's hooks into someone and give that "dopamine" hit many seek, my point still stands 👍

twilo99

I've owned and extensively played many CoD titles from CoD3 onwards, I know exactly how it can get it's hooks into someone and give that "dopamine" hit many seek, my point still stands 👍

Well, then you know exactly why it’s been pulling such crazy numbers for almost a decade now..

Last edited:

twilo99

We really don't know, but I'd guess COD could skip years and retain players but there is little incentive for Activision Microsoft to stop the factory like production schedule as even the "bad" games sell incredibly well. The audience that the series has cultivated is impressive.

Mmm I don’t know if they can do it if they change the annual release formula, but maybe..

Apparently Valve can do it on a 10 year release cycle.. CSGO released in 2012 I think? Insane. CoD will be dead long before that lol

Ozriel

M$FT
Congrats to the morons supporting call of duty
I’m still baffled all these sports games in top 10 all the time. People seem to love em.

the simpsons adult GIF

Well, then you know exactly why it’s been pulling such crazy numbers for almost a decade now..

Indeed and I addressed it in my original post, perhaps you missed it. Doesn't change the fact that it's a phenomenon within the gaming space, that's widely agreed. Even when I was playing CoD (it's been a few years) I never stopped playing many other games across various genres. There are people who play CoD and *only* CoD year in and year out, I find that mind-numbingly retarded but to each their own.

twilo99

Indeed and I addressed it in my original post, perhaps you missed it. Doesn't change the fact that it's a phenomenon within the gaming space, that's widely agreed. Even when I was playing CoD (it's been a few years) I never stopped playing many other games across various genres. There are people who play CoD and *only* CoD year in and year out, I find that mind-numbingly retarded but to each their own.

I see, I just got hung on the “phenomenon” bit because, like I mentioned, we also have Counter Strike so it’s not unique to CoD, although CS is free so.. I guess that’s different.

Warzone is also a big deal when it comes to all of that.

Yes, I have no idea how people can only play one game. I’m sure it’s the same with FIFA, Fortnite, etc. there are people who really enjoy just playing those I guess, good for them.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Good to see Sony supporting Xbox's newest 1st party at #1 in both North America and the EU.
It's great to know that Microsoft needs Sony for their games to be successful.
Sony doesn't need Xbox's install base to be successful.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's great to know that Microsoft needs Sony for their games to be successful.
Sony doesn't need Xbox's install base to be successful.

The latter quote is from a newly published document, written by Sony and submitted to the UK’s CMA (Competition and Markets Authority), which outlines how Sony does not have any games of its own that can match Call Of Duty in terms of the number of gameplay hours, revenue, or how much it costs to make it.

🤔

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

adamsapple

It says, "cannot protect against the loss of Call Of Duty" which is entirely different.

The chances of damaging the franchise are greater if they removed COD from PS versus Sony losing COD completely.

Sony have officially called CoD one of its biggest revenue and console sales generator and stated that it will be nearly impossible for them to make a franchise similar to it even with the help of a 'wide range of SIE studios'.

You don't have to assume on their behalf, we have official statements.

Call of Duty is
“an important component of PlayStation’s range of game offerings,” “contributes a
significant share of PlayStation’s revenue and gameplay,” and “is important in driving
console sales”

SIE’s recent development experience of shooter/battle royale games is
limited and its main active shooter franchise is significantly less impactful
than Call of Duty. Destiny, SIE's main active first-person shooter franchise,
had only of the gameplay hours and of the game spend of Call of
Duty in 2021.

o While there may be a wide range of studios that may help SIE produce hit
titles, producing one as durable and successful as Call of Duty would be close
to impossible

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Sony have officially called CoD one of its biggest revenue and console sales generator and stated that it will be nearly impossible for them to make a franchise similar to it even with the help of a 'wide range of SIE studios'.

You don't have to assume on their behalf, we have official statements.

Just because they can't make a franchise to match it, doesn't mean they can't survive.

COD needs Sony more than Sony needs COD.

adamsapple

Just because they can't make a franchise to match it, doesn't mean they can't survive.

Sony literally agrees that MS will get the ability to foreclose Playstation's entire business if CoD goes exclusive.

I linked you to the official letter where all this is communicated. There's little to no room for ambiguity here.

I admire your persistence though.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Sony literally said MS will get the ability to foreclose Playstation's entire business if CoD goes exclusive.

I linked you to the official letter where all this is communicated.

They didn't "literally" say it. It was CMA's report.
SIE agrees with the findings set out in the PFs. This paper does not intend to commenton all of the CMA’s findings, but instead focuses on and supplements the core points theCMA makes in reaching its preliminary conclusions. Sections I-III discuss competitionin consoles addressing, in turn, Microsoft’s ability to foreclose, its incentive, andanticompetitive effects. Section IV discusses cloud gaming. Section V concludes.

The PFs conclude that Microsoft “would have the ability to foreclose PlayStation,including its distribution storefront and subscription services,” because Call of Duty is“an important component of PlayStation’s range of game offerings,” “contributes asignificant share of PlayStation’s revenue and gameplay,” and “is important in drivingconsole sales” (PFs, para. 7.267(a)). SIE welcomes the CMA’s comprehensive reviewof the evidence in reaching this conclusion. It agrees with the CMA’s findings.

Those were from the CMA through their findings. Those statements were not by Sony, which they agreed to.

The ability to foreclose is different than will foreclose.

Of course, you fail to provide context, even Jim Ryan's testimony.
Q What do you believe is going to happen after the transaction with Activision games?

I think they will use Call of Duty to damage us, whether it be complete or partial foreclosure.

Q If there's partial foreclosure, would that be harmful to your business?

In our opinion yes. It would deliver degraded performance on our platform.

Having the ability to do it doesn't mean they will or even can.

Of course, you won't get it so I won't be surprised by your response.

S0ULZB0URNE

The playstation user base voted with their $$ and they strongly disagree with you it seems
It came with the PS5.
Casuals play on the most popular home consoles.

Oh and....

adamsapple

They didn't "literally" say it. It was CMA's report.

Caught me before the edit ;)

But that's why I changed literally said to agreed, because they're not shy agreeing with the findings in CMA's PF.

So, yes, they're saying the same thing.

SIE agrees with the findings set out in the PFs.
SIE welcomes the CMA’s comprehensive review
of the evidence in reaching this conclusion. It agrees with the CMA’s findings

Of course, you won't get it so I won't be surprised by your response.

Q How would you quantify the harm to SIE if this transaction goes through?

I think the harm to SIE arises from gamers deserting our platform and going to Xbox. So it goes way behind the narrow contribution that those gamers spend on Call of Duty itself. It would affect spending on hardware, accessories, subscription services, and games.

Q What do you believe is going to happen after the transaction with Activision games?

I think they will use Call of Duty to damage us, whether it be complete or partial foreclosure.

What's with the snarky tone lol, I've shown you nothing but respect and only quoted actual statements.

Anyway, there are more than enough direct statements from either SIE or Jim where they state the importance of CoD to their whole platform and business as a whole.

Unless I missed it somewhere, Bobby made no similar statements about the franchise failing without Playstation.

Based on the available information, it's kinda obvious who needs who more, it's the main reason we had 2 years of legal tom foolery.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Caught me before the edit ;)

But that's why I changed literally said to agreed, because they're not shy agreeing with the findings in CMA's PF.

So, yes, they're saying the same thing.

Are you even paying attention? Doesn't look like it. You tried to change it up mid-conversation.

Those statements were not by Sony, which they agreed to.

Q How would you quantify the harm to SIE if this transaction goes through?

I think the harm to SIE arises from gamers deserting our platform and going to Xbox. So it goes way behind the narrow contribution that those gamers spend on Call of Duty itself. It would affect spending on hardware, accessories, subscription services, and games.

Cause damage. Thanks for proving my point. Damage doesn't mean complete shut down as you're implying.

Now you're catching on.

What's with the snarky tone lol, I've shown you nothing but respect and only quoted actual statements.

Do you mean like this from you?
I admire your persistence though.

Anyway, there are more than enough direct statements from either SIE or Jim where they state the importance of CoD to their whole platform and business as a whole.

Unless I missed it somewhere, Bobby made no similar statements about the franchise failing without Playstation.

Based on the available information, it's kinda obvious who needs who more, it's the main reason we had 2 years of legal tom foolery.

In any event, Microsoft has no intention to take Call of Duty away from gamers and, indeed, it haspublicly committed not to do so. The value of Call of Duty depends on its community of gamers,the majority of whom are on PlayStation. Keeping Call of Duty on PlayStation is, therefore, acommercial imperative for the Xbox business and the economics of the Transaction. As such,Microsoft has offered Sony a contractual commitment to continue supplying it with Call of Duty, including new releases with feature and content parity. The Referral Decision fails to explain whyin the CMA’s view Microsoft would make such commitments publicly and privately, which arealso reflected in its internal documents, if it had no intention of honouring them. Foreclosure strategies of the type outlined in the Referral Decision would alienate the Call of Duty gamer base and tarnish both the Call of Duty and Xbox brands, undermining the rationale for the Transaction. Microsoft would place at risk significant annual revenue from sales of Call of Duty on PlayStation,as well as substantial revenues from other Xbox games distributed via PlayStation. Microsoft has been clear that it is counting on revenues from the distribution of Activision Blizzard games on Sony PlayStation.

You're spewing nonsense. I'm telling you things that we already know, but you just had to say something.

adamsapple

You're spewing nonsense. I'm telling you things that we already know, but you just had to say something.

SIE released an official letter stating losing CoD will be detrimental to their revenue and console sales. They also say it's nearly impossible for them to make a competing franchise.

Jim Ryan stated, just at the thought of receiving a 'degraded' version of CoD "our business will never recover"

I'm not just telling you things we already know, I'm mostly quoting official communique, without much or any paraphrasing. It's not non-sense, through out 2022 and the first half of 2023, Sony has, in one way or another, stated how important the CoD franchise is to the playstation eco-system. If you can find me some instances where anyone from Activision said vice-versa, I'll happily acknowledge it.

TL-DR, when you say this:

It's not accurate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom