• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Hello guys, I'm thinking of grabbing a psvr sometime this week. Do you have have any recommendations for games? To be honest the only want I really am dying to try is that EVE one and I already have Resident evil.

Anything else I should grab day one and be amazed?

You may as well grab the COD: Jackal assault mission for free alongside The Kitchen demo (be prepared to wet yourself) and The Playroom VR. They are all pretty good and don't cost a penny. Also if you own Star Wars Battlefront then definitely get the Rogue One VR mission. It's also free and awesome.

After that I'd highly recommend:
Batman Arkham VR
Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood
Rez Infinite
Job Simulator
Thumper
& Bound

That should keep you busy for a while.

Ugghhhh. I currently have 2 PS4's, I wonder if it's worth it to trade one in and upgrade the VR one to a Pro. Would you?

I got my Pro for about £200 on black Friday, prior to that I was on the fence as I didn't need one and was happy with the experience but wanted the better fidelity. I wouldn't rush out and buy one immediately but get one when you see a good deal.

Joystick

Three new PS VR games revealed in the China Hero Project (Sony funding/supporting Chinese developers).

Looks like I missed that some of the other games also support PS VR:

Note: More Google translate fun ahead.

Project Boundary

If the China Star plan is to go to the unknown deep space, to explore the discovery of bright star tour, then the initial results of this plan, there is no doubt found by the Lancet technology is being produced in the "border plan" (Project Boundary. This program is launched on the PlayStation®4 and will correspond to PlayStation®VR's national works, and since the time of publication, the market has received high attention.

https://youtu.be/RUU4_W8bWcU​
https://www.playstation.c​om.cn/chinaheroproject/hero_page1.html

Kill X

However, this is clearly not Yao Kun and his VIVAGAMES want to achieve the ultimate goal, this is just a start. "New Year's Eve" in addition to the official version of the shooting elements and path-finding games, but also join a mature puzzle adventure game that some more action elements and puzzles, developers want to "New Year's Eve" game immersion to further enhance To the forefront of the current market of similar games.

https://youtu.be/QX-ytpWSl4k​
https://www.playstation.c​om.cn/chinaheroproject/hero_page3.html

The full China Hero Project video showcasing other developers and their games is here:
https://youtu.be/3ip-lJg52Ro

Zuzzissm0

Sorry if this was asked before but I cant find a solution.

Today I wanted to watch a 3d blu ray with PSVR like the last two weeks. my normal set up is PS4 Pro-> Processor Unit-> 3D Amp-> 3D TV.

But today I dont have my 3D TV here. I used a monitor. All was just fine till i started the blu ray. I dont get any sound out of my amp without my 3D TV. This bugs me hard because i want to get rid of the TV and there is no way Im using headphones fo watching a movie.

Is there a way to get sound out of the amp without a 3D TV?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Looks like I missed that some of the other games also support PS VR:

Note: More Google translate fun ahead.

Project Boundary

https://youtu.be/RUU4_W8bWcU​
https://www.playstation.c​om.cn/chinaheroproject/hero_page1.html

Kill X

https://youtu.be/QX-ytpWSl4k​
https://www.playstation.c​om.cn/chinaheroproject/hero_page3.html

The full China Hero Project video showcasing other developers and their games is here:
https://youtu.be/3ip-lJg52Ro

What is that outer space game?

Codiox

Man im really hoping Farpoint is not just a 3-4h experience, really want to get it day one if the content is right. Anybody played it at a event?

Man im really hoping Farpoint is not just a 3-4h experience, really want to get it day one if the content is right. Anybody played it at a event?

Played a single level and it was a revelation. A standout moment in 30+ years of gaming that totally blew me away.

How that will stretch out to a full game is unknown. It needs longevity and variety to be a success. But to hell with it - preordered for day 1 just for the experience and the other AIM Controller games that are on the way.

vpance

It's probably just me, but after the update it seems harder to get a perfect focus and I have to fiddle around with headset around more.

Picked up Darknet and Eagle Flight with the recent promo codes. Darknet is pretty neat, I'm digging the hacker theme. Wish there was more to it though.

gunstarhero

Why am I the only one who never seems to get these promo codes. -_-

Darknet is pretty rad - my only complaint was the lack of smooth left/right movement, and instead they went with the same technique that RE7 uses my default when rotating your view.

Minor complaint tho - game is very addicting.

Adree

Why am I the only one who never seems to get these promo codes. -_-

Darknet is pretty rad - my only complaint was the lack of smooth left/right movement, and instead they went with the same technique that RE7 uses my default when rotating your view.

Sign up for the weekly newsletter. Everyone who was signed up got the 20% off code.

My roommate just bought a PSVR. Going to give it a shot this weekend.

I am only really interested in playing Super Star Dust on it.

It's pretty good, the additional mode is quite well done too although not as frantic. A few people don't realise that you can also play the original game in 3D/VR as well though.

RIGS and Driveclub had me ready to go within 5 minutes. Though I think I'm just sensitive to it.

Think the issue with DRIVECLUB is that they throw you in an open top car straight away, which yeah it seems great but it also gives your mind a sense of danger which isn't good. Did you ever get to try some of the slower hatchbacks?

WITHE1982

Looks like Fated: The Silent Oath is up in the UK priced at £7.99

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...oath/cid=EP4096-CUSA05000_00-FATEDEPISODE01US

Anyone who's tried it know if it's worth that?

Also for OT2 titles, as we've had a matrix reference we could go with:

PlayStation VR |OT2| Hit Me!
Johnny Mnemonic

or

PlayStation VR |OT2| Falling, floating, and flying? So, what's next, f*cking?
Lawnmower Man

PlayStation VR |OT2|Beyond Cyberspace
Lawnmower man 2

Think the issue with DRIVECLUB is that they throw you in an open top car straight away, which yeah it seems great but it also gives your mind a sense of danger which isn't good. Did you ever get to try some of the slower hatchbacks?

I always use to say in the DC OT the problem with a lot of peoples first impression with the game was that they chuck you in a hot hatch which isn't the best example of the handling model and that the Mono should have been the first. Simply because it is one of the easiest cars to drive but has decent acceleration so you get a better sense of the speed in the game without having to deal with many quirks the faster cars have. They did that with VR but reading a lot of feedback from the VR version hot hatch would probably have been better, even though they are only really fun once you know the tracks.

gmoran

I always use to say in the DC OT the problem with a lot of peoples first impression with the game was that they chuck you in a hot hatch which isn't the best example of the handling model and that the Mono should have been the first. Simply because it is one of the easiest cars to drive but has decent acceleration so you get a better sense of the speed in the game without having to deal with many quirks the faster cars have. They did that with VR but reading a lot of feedback from the VR version hot hatch would probably have been better, even though they are only really fun once you know the tracks.

I'm with Abandoned Trolley on this, my first experience was the game (not the demo, never played that) and the BAC Mono was awful because: "it made everything feel wrong": movement, scale, everything.

This has been the only thing that ever made me feel even slightly queasy on PSVR, but I stopped play immediately (didn't want to poison the well) and didn't come back until January.

Love it now. BAC Mono one of my favourite cars (so good on the city tracks).

I'm with Abandoned Trolley on this, my first experience was the game (not the demo, never played that) and the BAC Mono was awful because: "it made everything feel wrong": movement, scale, everything.

This has been the only thing that ever made me feel even slightly queasy on PSVR, but I stopped play immediately (didn't want to poison the well) and didn't come back until January.

Love it now. BAC Mono one of my favourite cars (so good on the city tracks).

I love the Mono and Caterham 7 they are awesome cars :)

Plus gives me an excuse to post this battle :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGReOmHJLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF5oxG8r65I

No never tried it but it seemed to be related to seeing the road move underneath me. Appears to be an issue for me with all fast games.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Played a single level and it was a revelation. A standout moment in 30+ years of gaming that totally blew me away.

How that will stretch out to a full game is unknown. It needs longevity and variety to be a success. But to hell with it - preordered for day 1 just for the experience and the other AIM Controller games that are on the way.

Please don't play with me like this.

k1t4j

Ok gaf help me out here, I got my psvr but I can't for the life of me adjust it accordingly, I don't know if its because of my glasses or my head is weird. I can't get the letters to stay focused.

It's always slightly blurry or when it's less blurry I can see the light outside. You guys have any tips?

Chris_C

Yep, adding a few things to it, nothing major.

Edit: You guys wanna vote the next thread title?

I feel like being a dick and calling the thread PlayStation VR |OT2| Making VR Great Again!

lol :p

I know I might be accused for not having fun, but please don't! Even though I don't post in the thread often, it's a bit of a happy place for me, and I think if I had to read that title every time I wanted to visit I might just end up getting depressed :/

PlayStation VR |OT2| 1'000'000 troops!!1
PlayStation VR |OT2| It's already dead
PlayStation VR |OT2| VRexit
PlayStation VR |OT2| Who wants to live there anyway?

Seriously though, maybe

PlayStation VR |OT2| Is this the real life?

SaucyJack

Ok gaf help me out here, I got my psvr but I can't for the life of me adjust it accordingly, I don't know if its because of my glasses or my head is weird. I can't get the letters to stay focused.

It's always slightly blurry or when it's less blurry I can see the light outside. You guys have any tips?

Have you adjusted using the button underneath the visor which moves the visor back and forward once the head band is sitting correctly.

vpance

You turned off comfort mode in the options right?

It is addicting, yeah. Never get tired of those tunnel transitions. The soundtrack is bad azz too 👍

Planet

homer-boring-scaled58uwn.jpg

If you insist on Matrix then there are plenty good choices:

PlayStation VR |OT2| Follow the white rabbit
PlayStation VR |OT2| There is no soon™
PlayStation VR |OT2| A prison for your mind
PlayStation VR |OT2| Why do my eyes hurt?
PlayStation VR |OT2| Your mind makes it real
PlayStation VR |OT2| Guns. Lots of guns.
PlayStation VR |OT2| Dodge this!
PlayStation VR |OT2| Breakfast of Champions.
PlayStation VR |OT2| It's the only way to fly.
PlayStation VR |OT2| I used to eat there.
PlayStation VR |OT2| Your men are already dead.
PlayStation VR |OT2| Am I dead? Far from it.

So many more... XD

Glix

Is it really? Uggh, this makes me want one. What's different?

I don't have a 4K or HDR TV so I haven't wanted to jump yet. And I've heard that running the games scaled up to 4K on and 1080p screen isn't as good as native.

Can you tell me the difference in the VR with the pro? I would really like to see it :(

Its so much sharper.

The easiest way for me to see the difference was on the thin metal rails in Pinball FX VR. On a regular ps4 they are a super jaggy, and on the pro they are very smooth, barely any jaggies at all.

BTails

Playing with the Matrix quote of OT1, while putting a distinctly PSVR flair on it nets us...

PlayStation VR |OT2| Welcome to the Family, Son

KalBalboa

Banned
I can confirm what I should've known:

The Ghostbusters VR dealie is real cheap. It looks good enough and has a lot of potential but ends up feeling like a rushed tech demo. Super scripted, maybe 7 minutes long, and just plain flat.

The property deserves better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom