• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Peter Jackson’s King Kong was the most innovative game of its console generation

Tesseract

Banned
As some savvy folks already pointed out, Riddick being a sick movie tie-in....is there even a movie tie-in video game that was AS good as Riddick?! I remember playing it on the OG Xbox....and the script/VA-work/direction were just phenomenal, as well as being one of the best looking games of that generation; a real classic.

nothing comes close i don't think, props to vin

Kagey K

Banned
As far as launch games went, it was a great way to show the difference between the 2 gens. I wouldn’t say it blew my mind or anything but it was a decent enough title for a licensed cross gen game.

The first game that convinced me we had levelled up was Fight Night. I couldn’t believe that was an actual game while I was playing it.

Everything about it felt so shiny and new compared to everything I played before it.

VertigoOA

Banned
Innovative my ass.

Revolutionary and innovative titles inspire numerous games with its dna.

I.e. - super metroid -> led to an entire fucking genre named after it that includes games like shovel knight to friggin Bloodborne.

King Kong inspired... zero games

Author should be smacked, fired... and banished to reetardera.

Movie sucked too.

Kong sucks.

So do Kong fanboys.

Godzilla is king.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I thought it was kind of innovative at the time. It had no HUD and the main character told you how many magazines you had left. Also you could get the animals to attack each other. It was fun to set things on fire. I'm not sure how many games it inspired but it felt like something new.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I had this in my cart for so long, even when 360 had died down for the easy 1000 achievements, obviously, it looked like a game I would enjoy playing too......It was around $2 used at the time.....Wish this was on PC for better rez and framerate though, but I'll look to buy it....Just bought 50 cent Blood on the Sand (Japanese Version) for the trophies....Looking to pickup some forgotten gems before they get too expensive or rare...

That sequence of words is an absurd mess. It sounds like a phrase from a gaming-themed Mad Lib, or something written by a particularly verbose Twitter bot. Nonetheless, it’s true.

Really? How does saying this clickybait hyperbole shit sound anything like Mad Lib?

bobone

That game had literally ZERO impact on the industry. It wasn't even influential as a launch game....
Not a single person I met in my college owned or even mentioned this game. And we were extremely hyped for the 360 launch.
Call of Duty 2
Perfect Dark
Condemned
Gun
Quake 4
Need for Speed
Hell even Kameo was more hyped than King Kong because of RARE

Bravo Polygon. If this is a joke article; then its perfect. If its not, then why do you still exist?

radewagon

I don't get why this needs a thread. Is it just an OMG Polygon sucks thread? I decided to see how bad it was and clicked on the link (kudos to Polygon if they are stealthly in weaponizing Neogaf rage to get clicks) and read the article. It's a fluff piece to be sure, but I don't understand why an editorial about a recently added backwards compatible title deserves this much gaf attention. Gaf gonna gaf.

VulcanRaven

I don't get why this needs a thread. Is it just an OMG Polygon sucks thread? I decided to see how bad it was and clicked on the link (kudos to Polygon if they are stealthly in weaponizing Neogaf rage to get clicks) and read the article. It's a fluff piece to be sure, but I don't understand why an editorial about a recently added backwards compatible title deserves this much gaf attention. Gaf gonna gaf.
Actually I made this thread because it is one of the best movie games in my opinion. It gets rarely talked about so good that Polygon made an article about it. I don't have anything against the site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom