• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poor Gamer.

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
I am a poor gamer.

The poor gamer is the gamer that hasn´t money.

I cannot play to all the PC games because I have no money for the last 3D Graphic Cards.

I cannot have more than 1 console and 1 portable console because I cannot buy all the good games for the all systems.

But I love games and some people says that I am not a true fan of games because I don´t buy al the good games in the market.

How can I do it?

I have no money.

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
I have a job.

But here in spain the minimum salary is low, 600 euros only and I need money for pay my studies.

And now Sony and Microsoft wants that I will buy an HDTV?

I have enough with the PC market.

M3wThr33

Banned
See, the problem is that you are in Europe. Everything costs more and you get everything later. Move to North America or Japan.

Jacobi

Banned
That's my problem too. And once you're in gaming, you want everything dammit. But I'm glad if I have 20 Euros per month for gaming (which doesn't happen often).

Gc-Freak

Banned
Nightbringer said:
I have a job.

But here in spain the minimum salary is low, 600 euros only and I need money for pay my studies.

Come to Germany, the salary is much higher. But the problem is to find a job here.

And what have we now learned about Germay? Good Salary but less jobs, right. :D

spliced

It doesn't matter if you can't afford all the good games out there, just make sure you enjoy the games you can afford.

If you are in Europe then why aren't you importing? I probably wouldn't have afforded to have half of the games I have now if I had bought them when they were released in Europe (assuming, of course, that the game actually had been released in Europe to begin with).

belgurdo

Banned
Nightbringer said:
I have a job.

Ebay and imports are your friends

Nightbringer said:
I have a job.

At least for X360, you can use your PC monitor for 720p gaming.

I'm the same way, I cannot afford to stay on the cutting edge of PC technology. I just recently have played through diablo 2 and am getting ready to try some other old games. There are so many old great games for the PC, that you can get for dirt cheap.

Ranger X

Nightbringer said:
I am a poor gamer.

I cannot play to all the PC games because I have no money for the last 3D Graphic Cards.

I cannot have more than 1 console and 1 portable console because I cannot buy all the good games for the all systems.

But I love games and some people says that I am not a true fan of games because I don´t buy al the good games in the market.

How can I do it?

I have no money.

First error of yours is to care about what others think of you. Who gives a shit if they think your missing on games? Just play your games and enjoy them.

Also, don't buy consoles at launch. Wait a little for a price drop or two and also to see wich console is getting the more popular. It's important to buy the more popular console if you don't have a big salary because it's where you'll get the more choices of games = the most out of your money.

Juice

Sounds like it's time for a pity party! Eeyore, whaddya say?

eewpartyhat431.jpg

"Sure, I Guess."

Go to either PC or consoles or handhelds, not all three or even two for that matter. Just stick to one platform and don't even acknowledge the others.

Jado

Banned
You're not poor. You just care too much about what others think and wanna be all over the new full-priced games. Buy older games for both PC and consoles. They don't stop being good because of the shiny new stuff.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
becoming a cheap ass gamer has allowed me to enjoy games without wasting craploads of money. no need to buy the gaf flavor of the week the instant it comes out

one $50 game for you = 5-8 new games for me

Off-topic, but I just went to that Eeyoretrading.com out of curiousity, switched to another window, and suddenly this wizard animation unexpectedly pops up over everything (no window, just a physical overlay) and starts playing, with only a "Hide" option. Just the way it did it had me doing that panicked "OMGWTFVIRUS!?!?" thing for a moment, bleaugh.

So fair warning to anyone else going there.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Nightbringer said:
I am a poor gamer.

How can I do it?

I have no money.

My advice? Ditch the portable gaming so you have more for the console. Portable gaming pales in comparison IMO.

Kill the bourgeois scum!

Then use their money to subsidize your lifestyle. Seriously, I don't grasp the whole Consumer Whore = Hardcore line of thinking. My definition of hardcore gaming would make most of these nancies crap their pants and go crying to mommy.

Yeah, I make snuff films for PS2 games. :lol

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
Become a cheapass gamer or develop less expensive interests? The only new release I got this year was DKJB, which was a gift anyway. I like gaming as much as ever, but find paying $40-$50 out of the question unless a game makes me go nuts.

Its weird I seriously wonder how you all afford so many games

Specially the people who posted in that thread where they had pictures of there Gaming Rooms and there HDTV's and there Plasmas and there leather couches and IKEA Filled furnitured rooms..

Seriously.. where the hell do you all work? And get me a job wherever that is that pays well! :(

aoi tsuki

These days i alternate between having the money to play games but not the time, and vice versa. Being an adult and not living at home means additional responsibilities (that cost money) and additional interests (may not cost money, but take time and interest away from gaming).

Top Bottom