• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Quiz! What would you do if you received a letter in the mail saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vieo

What would you do if you received a letter in the mail saying...

"I KNOW WHAT YOU DID! TAPE A $20 BILL UNDER THE MAILBOX ON THE CORNER OF <insert address here> BY THE 23rd OF THE MONTH. IF YOU DON'T, I WILL TELL EVERYONE YOUR SECRET!"

That's all it says. There's no return address. Just your name and address is on the envelope and it was handwritten, not printed by a machine.

What would you do?! What would you dooooooo?!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I would tell everyone my secrets so I couldn't be black mailed. Hehe

Sounds like a scam, I bet someone just put that in everyone's mailbox. Fast cash scam, You should leave the money and film who takes it...then fuck with their head.

Vieo

It's just a really silly "what if" question that I came up with. It didn't really happen to me.
But c'mon, wouldn't it make you a slight bit nervous? I mean, everyone has at least a few skeletons in their closet they don't want other people to know about.

DCharlie

Banned
Go to the post box and wait.
Then boot the shit out of anyone looking for anything attached to the bottom.

Also - $20 doesn't suggest that the known secret is of any importance!

Dyne

I think it's more scary when girls stalk guys. They can be downright creepy. I got a letter during the start of summer from "My Wonderful Lover" but they haven't shown themselves yet.

Dyne said:
I think it's more scary when girls stalk guys. They can be downright creepy. I got a letter during the start of summer from "My Wonderful Lover" but they haven't shown themselves yet.

then you have to practice FHUTA'ing.......

kablooey

skinnyrattler said:
No, seriously, this has got to be the dumbest post ever.

IAWTP

Actually, most of the secrets I have are things I'm dying to tell people, but don't know how to go about doing so. I guess this would be a good thing if it happened to me. o_O

Vieo said:
It's just a really silly "what if" question that I came up with. It didn't really happen to me.

You probably should have included the premise that you did in fact do something really, really embarrassing and/or horrible. Because if I saw that just out of the blue, not having done anything especially strange, I'd probably write a note that said, "Go fuck yourself" and leave it where he thought I'd leave money.

Assuming I did in fact do something, I'd probably follow the letter but also find a good spot to hide and wait to see who was blackmailing me and confront them.

Vieo

I think the best solution would be to wait until the 23rd and then wait to see who looks under the mailbox. If you you try to stakeout the mailbox before then, there's no telling when they would come by. When they come on the 23rd, catch them on video, and follow them to their home. With the videotape and the handwritting on the envelope as evidence, you could submit it to the proper authorities and the person would get in trouble for blackmail... I think, assuming blackmail is illegal. But then again, if they don't know what the person is blackmailing you with, wouldn't it technically not be blackmail?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I'd put a note saying "Please, Please don't, my wife would murder me if she found out" along with a stack of 20 or so counterfeit 50 bill notes.

And snigger heartily at the thought of them trying to bank/spend them.

Fifty

skinnyrattler said:
No, seriously, this has got to be the dumbest post ever.

Or at least the top 20

With the amount of thought he put into this, I'm starting to think that someone did this to the thread creator. :p That's a weak ransom amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom