• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the PS5 Pro "launch games" be? What would you want?

midnightAI

Let's be realistic: If the PS5 PRO is real, is only because of GTA6.

All other games will still be the same but with 4K/60 fps option. Which in turn, practically the majority of PS5 games are still PS4 games.

All of what you just said...
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Elios83

About new games I expect that almost all of them will have Pro enhancements going forward (starting from those being released this holiday season).

About older games I think that if we look at first party games it's a no brainer that adding ray tracing to GT7 during actual races will be a big step up that will make a strong case for the Pro. I expect Polyphony to be hard at work on this as we speak.
At the same time Insomniac already has achieved really good ray tracing quality on the base PS5, their engine seems to be well positioned to further expand on ray tracing quality/performance with Spiderman 2 and R&C on PS5 Pro.

About third parties I think they'll work with Square Enix to provide versions of FF7 Rebirth and FFXVI that run at 60fps with better image quality than the current quality mode due to PSRR.
I'd also work with CDProject on an updated version of Cyberpunk that has ray tracing quality in line with what's possible on high end PCs (don't expect path tracing though).

There will also be many titles that will simply run the current quality modes at 60fps.
So I expect this kind of mix.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Probably won’t be ready at launch, but Death Stranding 2 at the best performance I can get on console will be reason enough for me to make the upgrade.

Robb

Gold Member
I’d love to see a full on 3D Super Mario-scale title from Team Asobi. A new Tearaway from MM would be very cool as well.

But I guess the more likely outcome is more ‘cinematic’ games since they’d want to show off the hardware with shiny visuals.

ShakenG

Not happening. Weren’t DF showing that ray tracing in Forza looked worse than the GT7 current solution?

I just want the 120hz mode to run at native 4K instead of the current checkboard solution which shows jaggies.
GT7 already does native 4k in 120hz mode. Id check out the last Digital foundry video for it. 99% sure. (VRR, Quality mode, 120hz on.)
Been a while since i watched it.
I believe the only difference is AA.

Can find it here 😀

Last edited:

tommib

I believe the only difference

GT7 already does native 4k in 120hz mode. Id check out the last Digital foundry video for it. 99% sure. (VRR, Quality mode, 120hz on.)
Been a while since i watched it.
I believe the only difference is AA.

Can find it here 😀
It’s the AA then. :) It looks significantly worse than the 60 fps mode to my eyes, specially with far away assets. Hopefully they’ll fix it for the Pro.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Dont think there will be any "Exclusive PS5 Pro games" But I do believe they will have a bunch of remasters / Patched games to 60FPS or 120 with advanced graphics.

top 10 Standout titles will be probably

#1. New COD will support it heavily
#2. Bloodborne 60FPS remaster
#3. Hogwarts Patch and Graphics upgrades
#4. CyberPunk 2077
#5. Dragons Dogma 2 Patch
#6. Elden Ring Finally gets fixed - Patch and some tweaks
#7. Horizon / Spiderman Series / GOW / Patches
#8. Maybe GTA V
#9. HellDivers 2 - Graphical and Framerate patches and additional DLC
#10. Final Fantasy Series patches

Perrott

Gold Member
New PS Studios releases in Q4 2024:
  • Concord
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn remake
  • New Astro-Bot
  • Until Dawn remake
Patched PS Studios titles:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
  • God of War: Ragnarök
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Helldivers 2
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Marvel's Spider-Man series
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Returnal
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Stellar Blade
  • The Last Of Us series
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Notable new third-party releases in Q4 2024:
  • Assassin's Creed Shadows
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance II
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • Silent Hill 2 remake
  • Star Wars Outlaws
Notable patched third-party titles:
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Dragon's Dogma II
  • Final Fantasy VII series
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Resident Evil series
  • The Witcher 3: Complete Edition

If the console launches at the end of this year, I don't think it will have any first party launch titles outside of updates to existing games. The reason being that didn't Sony say that they haven't got any major releases until next year?

Hunnybun

I think Sony will probably patch most of their games to at least run the performance modes in 4k via PSSR. So TLOU P1, Spider-Man 2, Demon's Souls etc. I reckon GT7 will get patched to include RT in gameplay.

Beyond that, who knows. I wouldn't expect widespread support but guess you never know.

Personally I'm really hoping for patches for quite a few games that I've just refused to play so far due to bad IQ: Jedi Survivor, Dead Space, Avatar, Alan Wake 2, FF XVI. I'd also really like patches for Returnal and RE4 which were both fine but definitely not ideal.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It all depends on the PS5 Pro's requirements, it's a product we know very little about, Turok, Motorstorm, Twisted Metal, Army Men, you got thousands of games to make.

Tqaulity

Just to name a few on my wishlist:

PS Studios Patches:
  • Stellar Blade - new "Balanced Mode" With PSSR running at locked 4K/60. Perf mode pushed to 120fps
  • Rise of the Ronan - Increased resolution across all modes. Reconstructed 4K/60fps with RT for the Ray Traced mode
  • Helldivers 2 - quality mode running at 4K/60fps with PSSR
  • Spider Man 2 - Fidelity settings with better RT support including enhanced reflections and RT shadows running at 4K/60fps with PSSR. Perf Mode running at 4K/120fps with PSSR
  • The Last of Us PT 1 &2 - Fidelity settings running at native 4K/60fps. Perf mode pushing ~1440p/120fps natively with 4K reconstruction using PSSR
  • Horizon: FW - fidelity mode running at native 4K/60fps. Perf mode pushing 120fps with PSSR
  • Ratchet & Clank RA: fidelity mode with improved RT effects and RT shadows (a la PC port) running at native 4K/60fps. Perf mode pushing 4K/120fps with PSSR
  • Returnal - better IQ with higher native resolution and added RT effects including Reflections and AO. Output remains 4K/60
  • Gran Turismo 7 - ray tracing added for gameplay running at 4K/60fps with PSSR
Third Party:
  • FFVII Rebirth - fidelity mode at 60fps+ with PSSR
  • FFXVI - fidelity mode at 60fps+ (exploration and battles) with PSSR
  • Dragon's Dogma II - higher native resolution, more stable framerates, enhanced RT
  • Avatar - higher native resolution for fidelity mode at 60fps, enhanced RT effects
  • Alan Wake 2 - fidelity mode with enhanced IQ at 60fps with RT effects (no path tracing but reflections at a minimum)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - fidelity mode at 60fps with RT effects (no path tracing but reflections, GI, and AO are possible)
  • Call of Duty - native 4K/60fps support, perf mode with higher native resolution at 120fps with PSSR
  • Fornite - higher native resolution, enhanced RT effects, 60fps
  • Jedi Survivor - fidelity mode at 60fps w/RT using PSSR
  • The Witcher 3: Complete Edition - fidelity mode at 60fps using PSSR
Boost Mode Candidates (DRS, unlocked frame rates, 120hz support)
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo
  • Resident Evil Village and 4 Remake
  • The Last of US Pt 1 & 2
  • Spiderman series (remastered, Morales, 2)
  • Call of Duty Series
  • Elden Ring

Barakov

I think they'll slap a ray tracing patch on an existing game and call it a day. They're kinda cruising this year. The Pro probably won't be worth picking up for most people until 2025.

sachos

I don't know about NEW launch games, but i want them to patch their 1st party games with new RT features, specially if they can get RTGI working on most of them.

Top Bottom