• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal Pinball is Teleporting to Zen Pinball 2

Nibel

3wCb0ot.jpg

Valve and Zen Studios have revealed the fruits of their recent collaboration, taking one of the most beloved game series of the past decade, Portal, and giving it the pinball treatment! Portal Pinball will be available for Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita on May 26th, 2015.
Crafted in collaboration with Valve and Zen Studios, Aperture Laboratories is proud to reveal the “Aperture Science Heuristic Portal Pinball Device”, proving that persistent experimentation is not only the hallmark of good science for the benefit of mankind, but also incalculably fun!

Source (PS Blog)

mclem

Oooh, this could be brilliant. Particularly if there's some new appropriate GLaDOS commentary to accompany it.

mclem

There isn't, sadly. At least with who I spoke with, no one was brought back in to do any VO work for the table.

Shame. I was imagining something along the lines of Pinbot, with the balls being cores. The table designs itself!

Valkrai

This makes me both happy and sad. Great that Portal is getting something new in a game but sad that there isn't a new Portal game by Valve. Definitely giving this a chance, love Zen Pinball.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Please dear god no cake references. It took fedoras almost a decade to finally stop piping up with that insipid shit last time.

L~A

No way there's going to be hidden files in there, it's not a Source game.

That being said, it'd be fun if the devs added a secret file with "Well, did you expect to find anything here, buddy?" inside, ha ha.

Oooh, this could be brilliant. Particularly if there's some new appropriate GLaDOS commentary to accompany it.

The blog mentions it will be dialog taken from the game so I am guessing no new dialog. I hope the dialog isn't as repetitious as the South Park tables especially that horrible Butters table.

Psykoboy2

Looks like there is...(from the PS blog)

It just isn't new commentary specifically for the table. It's just audio VO pulled from the games. Like they did with Star Wars Rebels, it was all taken from the TV show so no new voice work was recorded.

This isn't a bad thing, I should say, just would have been even more special to have some new audio.

Toxi

Banned
I have yet to decide which pinball platform to commit to.
It always feels wrong to me playing pinball on a screen. I love the physical tables and wish they were cheaper so more venues could buy them and more people could enjoy them.

Psykoboy2

I'm currently top ranked on the overall leaderboards on PC at 740m or so. It's a pretty fun table once you get the mechanics and aiming down.

Here's a preview of the table: https://youtu.be/tbtAalUlGSE

Also, we're giving away a copy of the game on this weekend's episode of In-Game Chat.

Top Bottom