• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your ideas on how to prepare and rebuild at the local community level following the Wuhan flu lockdown

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Brainstorm. Society ain't gonna wobble back to a jog without assistance. Even from a selfish, pragmatic standpoint, a fed neighbor is one fewer burglar to deal with. How do you plan to bolster your local scene to prevent total collapse next time?

- make it a point to build a relationship w 1 or more neighbor
- plant some herbs on your windowsill, and/or grow more of your own food
- bake / cook something nice for a neighbor or a person in need
- volunteering time into local community center, church, or senior home
- attending classes or social events w the aim of learning new skills and meeting new people
- waving to people, even the ugly ones

My work has said if you are walking distance to the office you can go back June 9th, all walking distance and able to drive themselves to work go back June 22nd

Minimum working distance is now 2 meters , so for instance my team in a isolated room held 12 in two face to face rows,now its max 4 a day. 2 days a week from home will be the new normal. HR is currently working on rosters now

If you have kids or are at risk you are at home until they say otherwise (thats me)

i'm feeling pretty good about it as i bought a shade tent and extension power cables and intend to "work" while i plant our summer veggie garden over the next month

Old Retro

Supporting my localized restaraunts and tipping them big whenever I can! Also buying from local places whenever possible, especially when they are on the brink of closing for good.

JordanN

Banned
Herd immunity.

We're all going to get the virus at some point, and a vaccine is 1 to 2 years away. Keeping everything locked down just isn't sustainable.

Isolate the senior homes and let everyone else go to work in the mean time.

If anything, the real strategy should be keeping the population healthy. No more obesity. No more junk food. Everyone should be in shape. People will get sick but a strong immune system will help you overcome it.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Herd immunity.

We're all going to get the virus at some point, and a vaccine is 1 to 2 years away. Keeping everything locked down just isn't sustainable.

Isolate the senior homes and let everyone else go to work in the mean time.
To go along with that: more fat shaming.

I have really benefitted during the lockdown from the tiny community in GAF's Fitness |OT|. If overall physical health is the best defense against COVID and similar infections (obesity correlates most closely with serious COVID infection and death...), then we should get in shape.

I say "fat shaming" in a tongue in cheek way. I think as everyone goes back to work and reconnects with others, we will all be a bit more open to "hey, are you willing to hear some advice?" if it means they'll have a better shot next outbreak. Exercise is a part of that. Invite a co-worker to go for a walk, or if you're the fattie, ask a fitness nutcase to offer you some pointers (or something; the goal is to build a connection, ultimately).

Top Bottom