• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PRAGMATA New Trailer Revealed. Game postponed indefinitely | Capcom Showcase 2023

CamHostage

At least it's not like deep down... Because it actually exist

I get that Deep Down gets comedy points because it ultimately never came out and has a punnable name, but...

Deep Down actually did exist. They even had it playable at TGS. It just eventually got canceled because despite the cool graphics, the gameplay never added up, and then whatever happened with Ono before he quit Capcom.

Deep Down felt like a glorified tech demo/prototype from the very start that never became anything at the end of a day.

Deep Down was very tech demo'y, yes. The visuals of that cool volumetric fire and nice lighting/surfacing was promising, but then you see the randomly-generated, square, confined corridors and the constrains on that dragon model and the 3GB of assets for the tiny show demo and you go, Oh I get kind of what's going on here...

Still would be an amazing day if the last version of the Deep Down project ever leaked.

Last edited:
Hope it's not cancelled but at this point I won't hold my breath.
Deep Down went through something similar. A lot of silence, then it resurfaced and was even playable at some events, then it just went silent forever.
I am sorry but.. how can a game be cancelled if Capcom just showed its own game that they are publishing and developing at their own showcase earlier today? What is up with this illogical and weird emotional negativity lately on gaf? I am not trying to be mean, but statements like these just make no logical sense to me.

Deep Down had way less stuff shown than this game. And it never even had a targeted trade. Deep Down felt like a glorified tech demo/prototype from the very start that never became anything at the end of a day.

If you compare this trailer to the old Pragamata trailer there are loads of development and game improvements. The girls hair doesn't look look like crap anymore. They updated the hair visuals, tech and physics. The game also plays at 60 FPS and is uploaded at a 4K resolution on YouTube. Plus, they showed gameplay and acknowledged the delay.

What else does someone to clarify that something is not canceled? If you wanna talk about Vaporware of this generation then it's Skull and Bones and Beyong Good and Evil 2.

Bkdk

So they would rather do their exoprimal crap and kill this. Not capcom but seems like stellar blade is likely dead already as well. Such a shame. MS needs to sell ninja theory and bring one of them back please.

Looks fucking spectacular!!!!!

Sucks rotten eggs that it's no longer got a release date, but the fact it's still in active development is enough for me.

I can't fucking wait for this one.

dis gon b gud this is gonna be good GIF

YukiOnna

I don't think it's anything like Deep Down. Deep Down was a tech demo/troubled existence thanks to their Panty Raid engine.

It just seems like the underestimated how much time they need for what they want to do. I wonder which team of Capcom is on this.

I said in a previous post that if it doesn't appear at this event it's dead. It appeared, it's alive, it looks fantastic. Fingers crossed for a 2024 release but take your time CAPCOM, you're on a winning streak 👌

Last edited:

Fbh

I am sorry but.. how can a game be cancelled if Capcom just showed its own game that they are publishing and developing at their own showcase earlier today? What is up with this illogical and weird emotional negativity lately on gaf? I am not trying to be mean, but statements like these just make no logical sense to me.

Deep Down had way less stuff shown than this game. And it never even had a targeted trade. Deep Down felt like a glorified tech demo/prototype from the very start that never became anything at the end of a day.

If you compare this trailer to the old Pragamata trailer there are loads of development and game improvements. The girls hair doesn't look look like crap anymore. They updated the hair visuals, tech and physics. The game also plays at 60 FPS and is uploaded at a 4K resolution on YouTube. Plus, they showed gameplay and acknowledged the delay.

What else does someone to clarify that something is not canceled? If you wanna talk about Vaporware of this generation then it's Skull and Bones and Beyong Good and Evil 2.

Deep Down had way less stuff shown? The hell are you talking about?

There is over an hour of actual gameplay of the game as it was shown and playable during multiple events including live stage demonstrations

There's hands on previews where journos got to play it

Again, I hope it's not cancelled as it's one of the most promising things capcom has shown in a while (at least for me as I'm not big into RE or Monster Hunter). But given their track record and the way these types of games often go (announced and then radio silent for a long stretches of time) I just won't hold my breath about it ever actually releasing.

jcorb

I think that's a great marketing choice, just being transparent and not beating around the bush.

I can't say this game was really on my radar, but these days I always root for teams willing to postpone a game to ensure quality.

Vanquish vibes and a cute apology. We forgive you Capgods.
Yeah. I never played Vanquish, never got around it, but it did remind me of that. Also, looks like you can control mechs as the astronaut dude? The girl also has some special powers.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
At least now we know what they're making and how gameplay will look like.... well, sort of, but that's enough for me to know that the game is not dead and not just a good proof of concept anymore. I'd say take as much time as you need to make a great game.

Last edited:
Both of this game’s trailers feel like they have a really cool concept and art design, added an AAA budget to it, but they don’t have a director or writer at the wheel.

I know they do, but it just gives off that feeling. Like for the other games in the presentation a game lead came out to talk about the game, even if they had nothing to show, and they sounded passionate about their vision. Pragmata though? No one. Just show a letter and quickly move on to the next game.

I'd argue that Capcom since the PS4 and X1 generation have been the best developer and publisher for the most part. The 360 era of Capcom wasn't too hot imo, RE 5 and 6 weren't very good.

Square also sucked in the 360 era, FFXV skipped the entire generation and KH3 was pushed to near end of the PS4 era and also was the worst in the franchise. But I feel like both have came back with a huge force. Although, I'd say Capcom is doing a tab better.
Cap on during the ps360 era were on great form for at least a large chunk of it. Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Asura's Wrath, Street Fighter 4, bringing back old fighters as digital downloads like mvc2 and Jojo's, dragon's dogma, bringing back classic mega man...
Oh, and lost planet 2 is the best co-op action game experience I've ever had. They were trying new things as well as keeping the classic series going.

Last edited:
I have faith in Capcom sticking with it. They do need new enticing IPs and Pragmata was a showstopper the moment it was revealed. Plus, it was shown actually footage of gameplay, albeit small tidbits.

Let the team work on it and release when it's ready.

Kdad

I have faith in Capcom sticking with it. They do need new enticing IPs and Pragmata was a showstopper the moment it was revealed. Plus, it was shown actually footage of gameplay, albeit small tidbits.

Let the team work on it and release when it's ready.
So...exactly what could be said of Deep Down.

SkylineRKR

Capcom at least mentioned this game, which instills hope it actually comes to fruition. But it seems to be quite the delay. We likely won't see this game before 2025, if it doesn't get cancelled on the way.

Watch the trailer for Pragmata, shown during Capcom Showcase in June 2023.

• Release Date: TBD
  • Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC
  • Genre: Action-adventure

FydHSPFakAEW3qy

FydHLVragAAdKch

I would much rather wait a little bit more and have a super polished game, even this snippet looks AMAZING so far, can't wait to play the final product!

So...exactly what could be said of Deep Down.
Yeah but here they haven't been radio silent. They announced the first delay, and now the second with a "???" + a statement letter from the development team. Deep Down could only dream of that after it disappeared.

SJRB

Gold Member
God bless Japanese videogame devs, literally making a trailer to apologize for a delay.

Those tiny snippets looked very cool, I love the aesthetic.

Great to hear its still alive.

Ironically I had given up hope of seeing anything of this again this year. Then boom, another trailer.

DeNoro

Neo Member
It's pretty sad. This was one of the few games that peaked my interest when it was announced, but if they need time... so be it. Better than an incomplete game. Those few snippets of gamplay look great, though. Still excited!

Top Bottom