• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prescription lenses for your VR headset I can recommend wholeheartedly

keraj37

I am an unfortunate glasses user, and I hate them! But if I have a choice to see something with glasses or to see a blurred blob instead, I go with option 1.
I really like my PSVR2 headset, but for a few weeks I was struggling with pushing my glasses inside the headset and having a risk of scratching both ends lenses.
So I bought distances first to be sure there is no contact between my glasses lenses and VR headset lenses.

But ultimately after a research I made a decision to order prescription lenses from Chinese company with good reputation:
www.vr-rock.com

I went full premium and checked all additional features: anti glare layer, blue light filter and priority shipping: total order exactly 100 USD.

Needless to say, I was waiting impatiently, but I received the parcel yesterday and did extensive tests with all PSVR2 games I have.

Result? For me, it is a game changer. Not only the image is sharp as never before and covers full spectrum of FOV PSVR2offers, but also I am sure I will never scratch any lenses, I filter blue light, have anti glare feature and I don't nee4d to worry about this heavy thing on my nose that is being pushed to my face by the headset.

It comes with nice, easy to install frame and detachable lenses for ease of cleaning them up.

ckxCX8c.jpg

Hhyk8t9.jpg

ns7DTEL.jpg

BTW, it is not paid promotion, I have nothing to do with this company, but they will surely satisfy your needs since this was my experience.
The lenses are perfect, just like in my glasses, and from what I see they produce lenses for any VR headset on the market.

Do yourself a favor and buy it!
Unless you are a lucky son of a bitch that doesn't need glasses :(

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Interesting. Didn't knew these existed. Thanks for sharing OP.

Back on OG PSVR I used my glasses with the headset, and while doable it was not the most confortable experience out there.

keraj37

In my case my first psvr2 unit got scratched after a couple demos to kids and friends.
The ones I got have a blue light filter
I see and understand. However, if you don't need sight correction there are much cheaper options:
I got these Chinese PSVR2 distances, with blue light filter as well, and also with black caps for just $20, and I am sure you can find them even cheaper.
E4JlYVn.jpg

OG5hwJY.jpg

qHE7n5A.jpg

jJcBL6f.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm happy to learn these types of mods don't interfere with the eye tracking (imo the most important feature in VR's future). Win for everyone.

I was considering something like this but I ended up just getting an aftermarket gasket for my Reverb G2 instead. As an added bonus my glasses fit perfectly in the new gasket and add a little extra support to keep the headset stable & view centred for the sweet spot.

Shakka43

I went with VROptician and I'm 500% satisfied 😃
I also bought VROtician lenses for my Quest 2 and fully recommend them. Whenever I get a PSVR2 I will go to them again.

SilentUser

I see and understand. However, if you don't need sight correction there are much cheaper options:
I got these Chinese PSVR2 distances, with blue light filter as well, and also with black caps for just $20, and I am sure you can find them even cheaper.
E4JlYVn.jpg

OG5hwJY.jpg

qHE7n5A.jpg

jJcBL6f.jpg
Not to sound rude, but what's the use of this lens for someone who doesn't need glasses? Genuinely curious :)

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Interesting. Didn't knew these existed. Thanks for sharing OP.

Back on OG PSVR I used my glasses with the headset, and while doable it was not the most confortable experience out there.

I'll order some for me. I gave up using the psvr2 with glasses...
I had no issues using my glasses with PSVR2 but with those lenses it makes a world of difference. Obviously less cumbersome & soooo freeing.

The lenses are easy to clip on/off and came with a neat case and some cleaning fluid & a cloth.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How easy are these to add and remove though? That's what's stopped me from getting a pair for my Quest as it is used by me and my kids.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
That's neat but I don't actually need these. I wear glasses but I'm myopic so picture quality in VR is just fine for me without glasses.

Although, wouldn't it be easier to just wear contact lenses instead? That's got to be a cheaper option, lol.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
That's neat but I don't actually need these. I wear glasses but I'm myopic so picture quality in VR is just fine for me without glasses.

Although, wouldn't it be easier to just wear contact lenses instead? That's got to be a cheaper option, lol.
These are nice if you wear contacts because: not worrying about any common issues with contacts while playing such as drying out, irritation, etc.

And if you have glasses having these lenses can prevent scratching your screen, discomfort, etc.

For example in my case I usually take my contacts out in the evening and when I want to play VR all I need to do is take my glasses off and put the headset on.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
How easy are these to add and remove though? That's what's stopped me from getting a pair for my Quest as it is used by me and my kids.
Scroll a bit up for my reply.
Super easy to clip on and off.
Check it out 🙂

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I went with HonsVR and they even sent me a second pair for free when I had issues with the first pair being a bit loose.

Ozriel

M$FT
Excellent thread to stumble on.

I use glasses with my Quest 2 and PSVR2. It's...not the most convenient thing to do. I'll give this a look for the PSVR2 inserts, and wait for the Quest 3 before getting one for Oculus.

I went with HonsVR and they even sent me a second pair for free when I had issues with the first pair being a bit loose.

Quick question: How well do these stay in place when you make lots of fast movements etc?

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Excellent thread to stumble on.

I use glasses with my Quest 2 and PSVR2. It's...not the most convenient thing to do. I'll give this a look for the PSVR2 inserts, and wait for the Quest 3 before getting one for Oculus.

Quick question: How well do these stay in place when you make lots of fast movements etc?
No issues for me but I generally try not to thrash my head about to test this.

Top Bottom