• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Price increase for Xbox controllers coming in July

Bernoulli

M2 slut
new information that we have been able to obtain indicates an increase, this time, in the public price of Xbox controllers. Indeed, it is thanks to Gyo Jvfr on Twitter, working on the distribution part of the industry, which received the information from its suppliers.

As the table shows, 9 controller models are affected:

-
ShockBlue
Pulse Red
Electric Volt
Deep Pink
Velocity Green
Lunar-Shift
Mineral Camo
Stellar Shift
It is therefore the colors of the Xbox wireless controller that see their price increase by €5, going from €59.99 to €64.99. As for the special editions, these undergo an equivalent increase, going from 64.99 to 69.99€. This price increase would take place from July 1st.
This also explains why the Starfield controller is sold at 90 euros in Europe
8XcKD9B.jpg

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Go to bed man. Its too late for you to post.

p.s. This is starfield controller. Its special one. Plus the price is wrong. Its 75 euro.
I hope it's wrong I'm gonna get one next week unless they have an elite version later, release date seems to be next week

Last edited:

Fredrik

Its mad that those prices are getting expensive as hell.

Here in america, I am complaining about 70$ prices, while you guys are getting 10$ extra.
$10 extra? My 4090 (suprim x) cost me $2350. Regular no scalping price. How much extra is that? Actually I don’t want to know…

Last edited:

Murdoch

Charge what they want as long as they fix them when they're having problems. 3 months warranty on this product should be illegal.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well, I expected way more, given that games got 10 EUR more expensive.

feynoob

The price increase isn't about the starfield controller
But if it's 75 in the US I think it will be close to 90 in eu
Here is the article.

The distribution for that store is increasing the price. These type of practices is common for some stores in hopes of making profits.

Gorgon

They could at least make the controllers feel and look less plasticky. I was pretty dissapointed with the Xbox controllers compared to Sony controllers. That would make swallowing the price increase a bit easier.

xrnzaaas

They aren't that expensive at the moment when you compare them to Dualsense or even Dualshock prices. But maybe I should look at this from a different perspective and say that Sony is charging too much money. ;)

Three

Here is the article.

The distribution for that store is increasing the price. These type of practices is common for some stores in hopes of making profits.
The two stories aren't related. And their source is different. Read this

"Xbox wireless controller that see their price increase by €5, going from €59.99 to €64.99. As for the special editions, these undergo an equivalent increase, going from 64.99 to 69.99€."

It has nothing to do with the starfield controller and its 75€ to 90€ price tag.

Last edited:

feynoob

The two stories aren't related. And their source is different. Read this

"Xbox wireless controller that see their price increase by €5, going from €59.99 to €64.99. As for the special editions, these undergo an equivalent increase, going from 64.99 to 69.99€."

It has nothing to do with the starfield controller and its 75€ to 90€ price tag.
It has to do with everything, as that price come from b2b distributor.
Until we hear official words from actual retail companies, this price will be from b2b distributor, just like starfield.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I wonder what the next shift controller will be.
Im betting on Solar Shift....Orange/Red color shift.
My poor wallet.....if I wasnt "saving" on Gamepass these fuckers would hearing from my keyboard.

Lunar:
Where-to-Buy-the-Lunar-Shift-Special-Edition-Xbox-Wireless-Controller.jpg

Aqua:
E73ordpVUAESCcY.jpg

Stellar:
ab09ef38-7e13-41ff-9de9-c6ccb440d1ad.jpeg

Three

It has to do with everything, as that price come from b2b distributor.
Until we hear official words from actual retail companies, this price will be from b2b distributor, just like starfield.
What are you talking about? The 90€ Starfield price came from b2b distributors. The price hikes discussed here have nothing to do with the starfield controller and the prices are different.

feynoob

What are you talking about? The 90€ Starfield price came from b2b distributors. The price hikes discussed here have nothing to do with the starfield controller and the prices are different.
However, new information that we have been able to obtain indicates an increase, this time, in the public price of Xbox controllers. Indeed, it is thanks to Gyo Jvfr on Twitter, working on the distribution part of the industry, which received the information from its suppliers.
I would take that as a grain of salt, just like that starfield price.

Until the price is confirmed by the major companies, its a grain of salt.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This is some losing streak from Xbox. Crazy.

Losing streak??

They are making a killing off these controllers......pretty much every special edition sells out, i doubt this price hike will change that.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I
Losing streak??

They are making a killing off these controllers......pretty much every special edition sells out, i doubt this price hike will change that.
yeah - losing streak. Price increases on games and controllers, Redfall, acting like bitches on ABK, resuming operations in Russia, paid shills being uncovered on GAF. There’s so much that I know I’m forgetting stuff.

Duchess

That Starfield controller is nice.

I'm still looking forward to when it gains wider public recognition and all the fuckwits start posting on Twitter about how it's woke / pride / will make your children gay, etc :)

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don’t buy custom controllers, but that looks like it has a controls cheat sheet on it for the game. That’s a cool feature for a custom IMO.

Yep, and if it *is* the actual flight controls, looks like it's gonna be a bit more complicated than a simple Arcadey, Ace Combat, style controls.

Top Bottom