• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown coming to Steam on August 8

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher Ubisoft and developer Ubisoft Montpellier will release the PC version of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown via Steam on August 8, the company announced.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is currently available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC via Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store, and Luna.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About
Dash into a stylish and thrilling action-adventure platformer set in a mythological Persian world where the boundaries of time and space are yours to manipulate.
Key Features

• Unleash Your Inner Warrior – Use your Time Powers, combat, and platforming skills to perform deadly combos and defeat time-corrupted enemies and mythological creatures.
  • Lose Yourself in the Prodigious Mount Qaf – Discover a cursed Persian-inspired world filled with larger-than-life landmarks and explore a variety of highly detailed biomes, each with their own identity, wonder, and danger.
  • Live an Epic Adventure – Immerse yourself in a Persian mythological fantasy through an intriguing and original story as you use your wits to solve puzzles, find hidden treasures, and complete quests to learn more about this corrupted place.
Watch a new trailer below.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Knowing Ubisoft, it'll be another bare bones addition to Steam (no achievements, trading cards, etc). Glad it hasn't taken forever to finally hit Steam though.

I picked it up on sale on Ubisoft Connect for $25 not too long ago (was on sale for $29.99 then they had another 20% of code you could use).

Gamezone

Gold Member
Knowing Ubisoft, it'll be another bare bones addition to Steam (no achievements, trading cards, etc). Glad it hasn't taken forever to finally hit Steam though.

I picked it up on sale on Ubisoft Connect for $25 not too long ago (was on sale for $29.99 then they had another 20% of code you could use).

It's listed with achievements on Steam. And yes, I'm surprised.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Maybe they will start updating their other games as well. It just screamed being bitter when they started selling on Steam again.
I think Ubisoft is the only publisher who doesn't embrace Steam on day one (not counting Sony for obvious reasons). They probably wanted EGS to succeed because of the 12% cut, but it didn't work.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
It’s on Ubisoft launcher on PC.
disgusted colin farrell GIF

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Game is one of my favorites of the year so far.

I felt burned out on Metroidvanias but this one really clicked with me.

Shakka43

My first game of this genre and absolutely loved it. I need similar now
Try the Ori games, if what you enjoyed was the combat then Afterimage is a good choice.

The metroidvania genre has been booming in the last few years I can name quite a few that i have enjoyed a lot, but not a lot play in a fast pace combo style like The Lost Crown.

It's a brand. You also don't play as Zelda in any Legend of Zelda game. Or a Metroid in any Metroid game.

Or Uncharted in any Uncharted game...

That's not how it works lol

Blackage

The Prince of Persia game where you don't play as the Prince of Persia.
Or do you?!
No but seriously, there's a few hints that he's actually a prince as well

Don't let Ubisoft sabotaging it by not putting it on Steam at release or the Erik Killmonger haircut on every black character in gaming for the past 3 years put you off, it's a great Metroidvania.

Last edited:

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
All you PCMR steam-only dudes who enjoyed games like Hollow Knight need to buy and play this. After the tutorial area (up to the first boss), the game becomes one of the best metroidvania games, ever.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Dazraell

Gold Member
The Elika waifu game.
I remember the weird almost anti-gravity world traversal.
Had a large hub that branched out into different worlds.
I really liked the game, Would not mind playing it on PC.
Here you go. The game is often on sales, and I believe Steam Summer Sale will happen in next two weeks or so

And GOG version

It's a brand. You also don't play as Zelda in any Legend of Zelda game. Or a Metroid in any Metroid game.

That's the context, and you couldn't be more wrong.
Clearly not though, as this isn't even the first one where this was a thing. But you do you. Your inability to read posts properly is absolutely not my problem.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I lost track, was this game labeled woke? I thought everyone was cool with this game.
the fact that you play as the guy from black panther (not actually, he just looks identical) is really weird and out of place, but it's a fine game. The story is total gibberish, no way could it be labeled woke because it makes no sense.

Top Bottom