• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown | Review Thread

On which platform will you be picking up the game?

• PC

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 24 20.2%
  • Amazon Luna

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
How good was the performance and at what settings?
I played it too, it didnt have any optional settings. It ran absolutely smooth 90fps. It did run in a weird letter box resolution so Im not really sure if that was a janky ubisoft launcher instance or what. It wouldnt launch in game mode (previous was desktop mode) and I didnt bother fiddling around anymore to get it working. Might try some other time..

Edit: found the settings on main menu, not while in game. still runs at 90fps on highest settings, and the resolution was fixed.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Tom Cruise What GIF
It's sarcasm 🙄

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There's been more than one users showing their dislike for the game based on its art-style and weren't joking. It's hard to detect it sometimes :p
Well I'm glad it's getting good reviews, maybe we'll get a proper POP game next.
Although I just want that Remake of Sands of Time

Toons

Cool to see this franchise still has life.

I actually hadn't played the others in a very long time if ever but I may check this out.

Imagine disliking wall jumping.
I’m 20 hours in and I think I am starting to dislike wall jumping.

Every room now is like: ”ok, jump, dash, jump, slide down wall, dash, jump back, jump repeated to climb wall, jump, dash through spikes, land on disappearing platform, jump, dash, jump, use ability to disable laser wall, wall jump while re-enabling laser wall, jump back, dash… finally land on solid ground… all for a coin”

Metroid Dread was the first game I bought with my OLED switch a few months ago. I played it for 30 minutes and never went back (Pokémon Legends and Octopath sucked me in). I didn’t realize it had similar gameplay.

Ogbert

About 15 hours in.

Still enjoying it, but the game is a bit too long. Not really seeing enough development in gameplay to justify the length.

Top Bottom