• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - European Release 30/10 + Limited Edition

JoeM86

From a Press Release

Fans of limited edition offerings should keep an eye out for Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, coming to Wii U on 30th October. From that day, Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – trial version creeps onto Nintendo eShop, giving players the opportunity to sample action from the game's prologue and first two chapters at no cost before choosing whether to purchase all remaining chapters. At retail, the game will only be released as the Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – Limited Edition bundle, featuring a copy of the game in its standalone packaging, a double-sided poster, an art book, four Spirit Photographs, and a SteelBook™ cover.

Halloween baby!

I guess this is the LE contents? definitely will get it
CLoXgi6UwAEQE3L.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Inb4 NA gets nothing because NoA is trash.

Shiggy

That's pretty interesting. Project Zero 2 didn't sell well on Wii, so this is a great offer to fans of the series. I'm expecting a 59.99€ price point.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That surely confirms it's an eShop only title in America. Even Europe is only getting a limited retail print run.

You'll see, NOA will release this LE but they will only make 100 and sell it exclusively on the Nintendo World Store......

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Great idea with the demo, going by Japanese impressions that I read, there were some players pleasantly surprised by the game. Also the Treehouse footage was very nice.

also

Banned
IIRC, Japan did not get a demo so it looks like they are putting some effort into the Western release.

AdanVC

I want to scream to Nintendo of America. Europe getting limited editionss, special bundles, tons of amiibo without exclusive retail bullshit and here we don't even have Yoshi's Wolly World yet.

Keep up the good work Reggie and team.

I mean, I was going to be there day one anyway if it is priced reasonably, but this suggests it might not be. I'm certainly not buying a download wii u retail title so I guess if I want it, my choices are limited. Grr.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully Project Zero 2 Wii Edition comes out on the eShop like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Amalthea

Banned
Just started to play Project Zero 2 Wii-Edition from my backlog. Man what a good game. Looking forward to the new one.

I want to scream to Nintendo of America. Europe getting limited editionss, special bundles, tons of amiibo without exclusive retail bullshit and here we don't even have Yoshi's Wolly World yet.

Keep up the good work Reggie and team.

Juats cause there shelves look better doesnt mean it is better over there for all we no there not selling as much amiibo as we are over here. Having tons of stock is nice but not if it means your product isnt selling well cause you flooded the market.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well since this is the only physical release version I guess I'm getting it even if the LE contents don't really interest me... that is if I decide to get it. Nice to see a generous demo is on offer so I can try this series out before buying.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like steelbooks so I'll get this. Reminds me of the The Last Story/Pandora's Tower releases.

I'll be honest, I never got Steel Books, especially with 3DS games. My Last Story LE (it happened to cost the same as the SE) still has the steel book in the original box because the plastic case matches the rest of my games.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'll be honest, I never got Steel Books, especially with 3DS games. My Last Story LE (it happened to cost the same as the SE) still has the steel book in the original box because the plastic case matches the rest of my games.
They are pretty to... store away, never to be seen.

javac

Yeah, Steelbook games have always looked odd next to other games, I can agree with that. I own a few video game steelbooks (Vanquish, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Majora's Mask, The Last Story etc) but they do always look odd, especially the 3DS games. However, I guess its that inherent collectors mentality inside of me that really likes them, plus when they come with nice artwork, they really do look nice and this Limited Edition steelbook in particular looks nice.

I mean, even when it comes to movies, steelbooks have always been a weird one for me. I own a few, but I tend to see a reoccurring pattern with them being bare bone release as the distributors tend to feel that it being a steelbook alone warrants the extra money. I've always preferred normal packaging, I hate digipaks and the likes when it comes to films, but at the same time, I'm a sucker of more exotic designs I guess and weird materials, even if it isn't as practical. It's basically form over function, I like pretty shiny things :p

Top Bottom