• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protest to Fix MGSV's Broken Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event - December 8 2017

I am proposing we hold a protest to try and get Konami to fix the secretly broken Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event on December 8 2017.

The observant and mathematically-inclined players know that Nuclear Disarmament is impossible and many players have always felt it in their gut without being able to prove it. There are several problems but the biggest is that there are thousands of nukes belonging to old unplayed accounts that simply no longer appear in the nuke tab; essentially they have permanent blockades and active players can never access the accounts to steal these Permanent Nukes; their owners have long since abandoned the game so they will not or cannot disarm their own nukes. I have tried to prove it to the players which is not an easy thing to do, but the simple fact is that Konami could verify what I have been saying by checking what happens to the accounts belonging to the names I have given them: either they appear in the Nuke Tab like they should or they never do. It is quite an easy, simple thing to check for on their end. At this point common sense should have set in and all players who have followed the Nuke Count Tweets over the past two years should easily be able to see the rising numbers even though the number of players is surely diminishing. My goal is to get Konami to fix the issue by fixing the nuke tab or at a minimum delete the nukes on all accounts belonging to players who no longer sign in.

If you want to see my evidence:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10CAp2_YMUOWxfEhFApU_2FclodL7zXNvx0zS-gFq_fs

I have tried communicating with Konami about the issue since June 2017 and they have not publicly said or done anything at all. They still publish the nuke counts which to me appears more like they are manipulating players into thinking they still support the game.

I am proposing a protest of words on two fronts on December 8 2017: by having as many people as possible reply to J's Nuke Count on Twitter and email Konami's MGSV Inquiries Department.

1) I would like people to Tweet their disapproval of this situation on J's Dec 8th Nuke Count Tweets: these can be found at https://twitter.com/metalgear_jp (the English Twitter account stopped posting them a while back). Post whatever you want: Fix Nuclear Disarmament Glitch!, Please address the broken Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event issue!, Listen to Hastatus!, post the link to my document, be creative (e.g. https://twitter.com/Freedomlife1989/status/887362859415601153), etc); but do please remain civil and avoid angry rants and cursing. The point is to express the players' knowledge of the problem and the desire that it be addressed and fixed by Konami. Even if you do not believe they will do anything at this point or you have stopped playing the game it does not hurt you to post a quick Tweet. If J does not post on Dec 8th (Friday), then we will use the most recent previous Nuke Count Tweet (usually Tuesday).

2) I would also like players to send an email to both ask-mgo@faq.konami.com & ask-mgs5@faq.konami.com on Dec 8th. Even though the Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event is not part of MGO proper Konami's inquiries department seems to respond most often through that account; to be safe I suggest emailing both at once to be sure. These emails lead to their inquiries department so you must be asking questions. The reason to approach this as an inquiry is that they are more likely to reply. Again do not rant and curse but politely ask one or several questions. An example:

Please put Broken Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event in the email's subject.

Dear Konami Customer Service Representative,

1) When will Konami address the issue of the Permanent Nukes server bug that makes the Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event (mentioned in the Official Strategy Guide) impossible for any player to ever achieve? Public info on this bug can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10CAp2_YMUOWxfEhFApU_2FclodL7zXNvx0zS-gFq_fs

2) Is Konami even planning to repair this bug in the Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event, or is this portion of MGSV no longer being supported?

3) Given the serious issues with the Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event can Konami confirm that the MGSV servers will remain operational until the Event can reach an acceptable conclusion?

4) If the Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event is not going to be repaired, will Konami make a public statement telling players that they should stop wasting their time? Will Konami tell us what the exact unlocked rewards for Disarmament would have been?

5) Can Konami assure players who are considering buying Metal Gear SurviVe that you will employ better server coding and support it better than you have MGSV's broken Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event and buggy FOB?

Any answers, information or update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Your John Hancock

December 8 2015 was the closest we ever got to Disarmament: the XBox 360 had only 23 nukes. I have suggested both Twitter and email approaches because all players should have access to at least one or the other. Tweets will publicly show everyone who is participating and a large spike in tweets might get J's attention and other Japanese players at a minimum. If they get a large enough number of emails perhaps it will force them to compose something meaningful they can replay to everyone with instead of just sloughing off one person from time to time. You can compose your own posts/emails or copy and paste those of others. I will be posting this protest plan on GameFAQs (PS4 has the most active board: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain) and Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/MetalGearAntiNuclear/) so people can voice their opinions on this matter, tweak what they might want to say through Tweets or emails, and so we can get as many people as possible to participate in this protest. If players want to post links to this protest plan on other sites, especially non-English-speaking sites, please feel free to do so. In-game playing and diplomacy between players will never have any significant impact due to the current state of the programming/servers: only convincing Konami directly to make Disarmament possible...perhaps for the first time...will have any significant chance. If you have even the slightest sliver of hope for Disarmament being repaired and eventually occurring, please join us and get the word of this protest out there so we can raise a large enough voice to spur Konami into action.

Please keep this protest for "Peace" peaceful. Thanks.

Hastatus.

Traxtech

It would still have an extremely slim chance of happening because you would get people who would go out of their way to keep their nukes active just to screw over a ton of people.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I guess that you're taking this too seriously. I mean, the damage has been done, and after all, it's just a videogame. Also, this event in particular can be watched on Youtube.

I admire your passion, but you can do better on other stuff.

Shifty

I feel like the nuke system was a big commentary on the M.A.D. doctrine and how once one country has nukes, everybody needs to have nukes, and once everybody has nukes nobody can not have nukes.
Fits in pretty well with the whole idea of "all it takes is a small amount of players to fuck it up for everybody else".

Also I honestly don't think Konami gives a toss about your experience as a player at this point OP. They're just continuing to push it to drive engagement with the brand.

Roni

Gold Member
That shit doesn't go untested... My money says it was Kojima's design all along: you can't get that ending unless something absurd happens.

BANGS

Banned
How exactly do you protest and old ass game from a company that barely even cares about their video game division any more?

Valonquar

mXyupD1.gif

Actually, I love the sentiment, but Konami is a brick wall behind a 50 inch sheet of steel plating when it comes to actually listening to customer base.

DonF

They don't care. Its too late, they already got the money from the game. There is no more development for it.

Kid Ying

I disagree with the echo here. With the game being given on the psplus last month, it might be the best time to protest, since lots of people got the game these days.

Spacejaws

Soo all those microtransactions that people have purchased to help towards the marketed ultimate goal of Nuclear Disarmenent that cannot be achieved.

Can they sue?

“The more things change, the more they stay the same.”

As much as it pains me to say it, MGSV - and MGS, for that matter - is history.

Bolivar687

Banned
I don't have any real hope for Kobami yo act but I'll set a reminder, since MGS was such a great game and because its community deserves this kind of closure.

Top Bottom