• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Sonic Mega Collection Plus only $19.99 ^_^

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
thats pretty cool, perhaps in the future they will put more time into the ps2 games *coughsonicheroes*.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I've only bought one Sonic game, and that's only because it was a launch title for the Dreamcast

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That seals the deal for me, Im in.

Ranger X

Well the last Sonic games i bought was Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles. No Sonic after those were worth my money...

I'm gonna buy this collection right away if there's Sonic CD on it though. Sonic CD = a hell of a game.

If we do get Sonic CD, I wonder what music we'll get.

For the record, I enjoyed both American and Japanese flavors. Each had their strengths. Yes... even the much maligned American one.

HAOHMARU

The Sonic games were the best platformers of the 16-bit era. I liked the Sonic Adventure games too...1 more than 2 though. I haven't really gotten into Heroes...just isn't my style.

I already have Sonic Mega Collection on the GC...if they included Sonic CD on this one I might pick it up. $20 isn't that bad.

Do we know anything else about the 2 extra games? I think it was Kobun that said at E3 a Sega rep told him the 2 extra games would be the 2 funnest games on the disk.

BuddyC

SolidSnakex said:
Do we know anything else about the 2 extra games? I think it was Kobun that said at E3 a Sega rep told him the 2 extra games would be the 2 funnest games on the disk.

We know nothing. I'm personally expecting it to be nothing more than the Game Gear games included with Sonic Adventure DX, but I'm hoping to see Sonic CD.

AniHawk

Gattsu25 said:
if they include Sonic CD i'll definately get it

Me too, but I would have liked a Sonic Collection 2. Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, Segasonic the Hedgehog, and Sonic Jam (I know it's a compilation in and of itself, but people love it, and I haven't played it). I'd've paid $49.99 for that..

Link316

Banned
FortNinety said:
I want to an arcade perfect Sonic the Fighter real bad...

never played it, only time I ever saw it was in that Sega Arcade in London, by any chance does it play like VF?

Link316 said:
never played it, only time I ever saw it was in that Sega Arcade in London, by any chance does it play like VF?

Well it's by Am2, if that mean anything. Just think of a really super simple Fighting Vipers experience.

MoxManiac

Cool price, i'll definitely get this.

I haven't enjoyed a Sonic game since the Genesis/Sega CD days...talk about a franchise going in the shitter. Oh well..

BuddyC

Yea. Unless they include arcade ports, I probably won't be picking this up - I've already got all the games for the Genesis/32X/Sega CD in addition to my Gamecube copy (sweet Ristar).

robot

Quick sonic related question for those who've played SA or SDX:

Is Sonic DX worth picking up if I barely played Sonic Adventure (didnt own it), and only really enjoyed the Sonic only levels in SA2? I dont know much about SA except for the beack level. I can get the game for $10, but I don't wanna waste my time if it sucks.

Saturnman

Banned
robot said:

Is Sonic DX worth picking up if I barely played Sonic Adventure (didnt own it), and only really enjoyed the Sonic only levels in SA2? I dont know much about SA except for the beack level. I can get the game for $10, but I don't wanna waste my time if it sucks.

Depends. SA2 had levels that were more focused on rating and doing things with style. SA1 is shallower in this respect. But I think SA1 is a more well-rounded game, with more diversity and more fun overall.

The DX in SA1 is a bit of a mixed bag. You get a couple bonuses compared to the DC original and a visual upgrade that changes the way game looks (characters) and is not quite optmized.

And all games age over time and missing out on SA1 5 years ago, you are less likely to have fun with it in 2004. Get it if it is really cheap, IMHO.

cvxfreak

robot said:

Yeah, I think Sonic Adventure DX is a great game to buy and it's Player's Choice too.

Top Bottom