• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Gets Firmware Update 4.90

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sony is indeed continuing to update the aged PS3 console, as evidenced by the Version 4.90 firmware patch that was recently released. Like the 4.88 update before it, this newest download will only add a few minor system performance and security improvements. As is the case with all PlayStation firmware updates, it will start to download automatically whenever the user signs on to the internet using their PS3 console, but Version 4.90 will require 200MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive or on removable storage media.

PS3 Update Patch Notes​

• This system software update improves system performance.

FeralEcho

Well that's interesting,I play my PS3 regularly so hopefully it doesn't mess anything up and it's only gonna make the system more stable.Anyway yeah,PS3 is a much better time spent than 90% of the garbage these gaming companies are peddling nowadays.And even with my Series S i tend to play 360 and original Xbox games more than the new stuff.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

I already give away my PS3......
cry-crying.gif

Kvally

Banned
Mine did YLOD and got tossed into the garbage....the same week the PS4 came out ironically. I got a PS4 the next day. So useless for me, but great news for others that still jam on their PS3.

Filben

I imagine an intern being put aside, going through a decade old code and after six months changing a typo in a comment and hit that distribute update button.

People Job GIF

fart town usa

Gold Member
Still on my to play list!
Get WKCII, it's relatively cheap on ebay, I got a CIB for $15 the other week. WKCII has a remastered version of WKC on it, faster battles and improved graphics, other tweaks too.

It's really not a terrible game, just one of those IPs that didn't catch on. Definitely not a classic but it's a chill game that plays and looks fine.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Am I the only one who enjoyed the PS3 more than PS4 and PS5?
PS3 is hands down one of my favorite consoles of all time. I definitely enjoyed it infinitely more than the PS4, can't say I enjoy it more than the PS5 but the XMB is still the GOAT for console UI and the PS3 still holds its own as a media hub.

Top Bottom