• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 price drop in the United States beginning this Sunday (2023-08-06)

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Those are party size.

There was a shortage, but they never hit that price where I live, they were like $2.28/dozen and they limited you to 2 cartons. Now they’re $1.54/dozen on Walmart.com.
—-
On topic, I really want that purple dualsense, but black will do to match my DE with black plates.
what is a dozen? how heavy are the party pack? the biggest we have is 185gr and usually can last days if you eat it alone

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Its A Trap GIF

Waiting for PS5 Pro.

Chastten

Banned
I know this has been mentioned a few times in this thread already, but holy shit at some of those grocery prices. Is that like everything else in the States without tax? If so, you guys are royally screwed.

Tarin02543

i wonder if we will see an increase in ssd size

apparently ssd chips are dirt cheap right now due to overproduction

nial

Gold Member
If its a permanent global price drop, then Id assume its because of the Switch2 incoming. And the leaks of it coming in 2024. And not something to do with Xbox. Although Sony might find themselves in a situation where both Xbox and Nintendo have cheaper consoles than what they got, and Xbox having a huge library of game pass games and the added value that comes with that. They migjht have to adjust the price of the PS5 because of that, a Switch 2 that beats the PS5 on price and then Xbox with Series S + game pass.
Personally, I think the Switch 2 is going to be the same price as a PS5 Slim w/ disc drive add-on and a digital-only PS5 Pro.

Varteras

Gold Member
Walmart is also selling the disc PS5 at $450. So this is definitely not just one or two major retailers. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop, and Newegg are all selling it at $450.

Last edited:
Tekken 8 may not release before new PS5 revision releases. Spider-Man 2 is more of the same in an overcrowded superhero genre. Everyone I know is already playing Baldur's Gate 3 on PC, which it is arguably better suited for.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I know this has been mentioned a few times in this thread already, but holy shit at some of those grocery prices. Is that like everything else in the States without tax? If so, you guys are royally screwed.
Yes, that's without tax. Now, depending on the state/county/city groceries may or may not be taxed.

In general food prices are terrible in US and so is the quality of that food even in more expensive stores.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

Metnut

Price drop right after FF16 comes out and with Baldur’s Gate 3 and Spider-Man 2 coming out soon. Aggressive move by Sony to press their advantage.

AngelMuffin

Is $50 really stopping someone from buying a PS5 right now? I mean, if money was that tight, you could of just bought the digital only version for $399.

Price drop right after FF16 comes out and with Baldur’s Gate 3 and Spider-Man 2 coming out soon. Aggressive move by Sony to press their advantage.
It's not really a price drop. It's a temporary sale at select retailers during the slower part of the year.

Sony

Nintendo
Oh how the times change. I bought my bundle for 750 euros because it was bundled in with useless assesories. They could get away with it because of the demand.

Top Bottom