• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA for Oculus Quest 3

MarkMe2525

Update 12/25/23: If you are opening up a Quest 3 this Christmas morning and have not owned a Quest 1 or 2, remember to accept a referral. You will receive $60 store credit upon activating the headset, the person referring also receives the store credit. If you already have set up the device you are not out of luck. Simply open the Meta phone app and remove the device and factory reset. Accept a referral and activate it once more. Merry Christmas.

If you already own a Quest, feel free to post your referral below. I also have mine in the linktree link at bottom of this post.

We know that Quest 3 512gb headsets will receive 6 months of Meta+ for free. It has been confirmed by a Meta service agent that this will only be available for non current subscribers. If you own one of the two other Quest headsets, do not initiate the free month trial if you plan on upgrading. Likewise, if you are a current subscriber, cancel the service. If you wait to activate your headset until your current sub lapses, you may be awarded the promotional subscription.

If you are looking for headset or game referrals, I have a bunch on my linktree. www.linktr.ee/markgulfcoast

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
We know that Quest 3 512gb headsets will receive 6 months of Meta+ for free. It has been confirmed by a Meta service agent that this will only be available for non current subscribers. If you own one of the two other Quest headsets, do not initiate the free month trial if you plan on upgrading. Likewise, if you are a current subscriber, cancel the service. If you wait to activate your headset until your current sub lapses, you may be awarded the promotional subscription.

Edit: I wanted to add that pre-orders from Newegg will receive a $25 Meta gift card for the 512gb, and I believe $15 for the 128gb model.

Edit edit: For those that are not familiar with Meta+, it allows you to claim 2 pre selected games a month. October gives you "Onward" and "Little cities".

I guess you have to keep the subscription to play the games?

MarkMe2525

I guess you have to keep the subscription to play the games?
I imagine so, but I'm not certain.

Edit: DenchDeckard DenchDeckard I just confirmed that access to the games are contingent on an active subscription.
Ah yes, Meta...

l0M5Agi.gif
??? You lost me

Edit: I get it now, you don't like Meta... edgy post

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Is there a detailed write up for this to sell me? I need to get a wireless VR headset
Pretty much every large tech outlet has previewed the device and has some info on it. I didn't need much convincing as I purchased an og quest at launch, and have been intentionally holding out on getting a new one until a model with color pass-through was avaliable.

Edit: that also wasn't $1500

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Really want to get a Quest 3, everyone I know who bought one is saying its worth every penny, I do have a good library on there from my Quest 2 but some good games released for it

I keep getting this error with some of the referral links:

Unable to accept referral
There was an issue accepting this referral. You may not be eligible because the country or region is not supported, you referred yourself, or you already accepted this referral.

I haven’t used a referral for my Quest yet, so not sure why I can’t use one of your guys links. Any ideas?

MarkMe2525

I keep getting this error with some of the referral links:

Unable to accept referral
There was an issue accepting this referral. You may not be eligible because the country or region is not supported, you referred yourself, or you already accepted this referral.

I haven’t used a referral for my Quest yet, so not sure why I can’t use one of your guys links. Any ideas?
I pm'd you to help troubleshoot. If you activated your headset more than 7 days ago, it seems you would be out of luck. If it has been within 7 days, go to the Meta app-menu-devices and remove headset which will factory reset. You should be able to accept referral if in eligible country. Afterwards, set it back up

Here is my referral link.
Are we all in a battle to see who gets the most? Or are these one time use only?

Game Referral 25%Off

Last edited:

darthvargi

Are we all in a battle to see who gets the most? Or are these one time use only?

Game Referral 25%Off

That kind of does happen with the referrals. I've seen sites where it just randomly assigns a referral and everyone just puts them in a pool but even that gets to be a competition as people spam it with entries to up their odds.

Big thing to me is that VR keeps growing and people experience it. I don't love Facebook but with the referral credits and reasonably priced hardware I think they're doing VR right. I also love that their platform is more open than people realize. Using sidequest to install games like Quake 3, Doom 3, and Jedi Academy is really awesome for a console like product.

Alpha Male

FYI:
I was a little confused about getting credit for accepting a referral and activating a headset as I thought there would be some kind of notification or that it would show up on your "device referrals" list but that is not the case. However I thought to check my wallet on the store and sure enough there was a store credit option in my payment methods for 60 bucks!

So the device referrals list is only for credit from people that have accepted one of your links but when you accept and activate a headset your credit just shows up in your wallet.

MarkMe2525

Game Referral 25%Off

It's not a battle, that's silly. It's fucking war!!!

Don't click this jabroni's link... click mine

Last edited:

pachura

Do I understand the process correctly?

1. You have a Quest 3.
2. You generate a "device referral" link (not a "game referral link").
3. I buy a Quest 3.
4. I log in to my Meta account on my computer.
5. I click the referral link.
6. I turn on my Q3 for the first time and activate it (binding it to my Meta account).
7. Both you and I receive 60 USD in Meta store credit, which I can spend right away e.g. on buying Assassin's Creed or Beat Saber.
8. On top of that, I can ask someone for a game referral link, which will reduce the price of a particular game by 25%.

Is it how it works?
Are these "device referral links" multiple use, or single use?

MarkMe2525

1. You have a Quest 3.
3. I buy a Quest 3.
6. I turn on my Q3 for the first time and activate it (binding it to my Meta account).
7. Both you and I receive 60 USD in Meta store credit, which I can spend right away e.g. on buying Assassin's Creed or Beat Saber.
8. On top of that, I can ask someone for a game referral link, which will reduce the price of a particular game by 25%.

Is it how it works?
Mostly right.. you click the referral before turning on your Quest for the first time. It does not necessarily matter if it is before or after you buy it.

phant0m

1. You have a Quest 3.
3. I buy a Quest 3.

Is it how it works?

Multiple, but you can only receive the “new account” credit once.

kiphalfton

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I thought mods were against this?

If not, here is my referral link (see spoiler). I could use another couple free games.

Games referral links:

Walkabout Mini Golf

Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond

Bonelab

Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

Resident Evil 4
I can see how it could snowball into something negative. Idk, it's a win win for both new quest owners and current quest owners, but a few bad apples always ruins good things.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Holy shit! It went to 46 pounds a headset?

Damn, I only got 23 pounds a few weeks ago. Sadge.

Actually, I wonder if I could pull a trick here. I received a headset as a replacement and it keeps asking me to redeem asgards wrath 2.

If I make my daughter account and a reference her a headset and then sign in on my new headset....I wonder if that will work.

Guess I'll have to reset my headset tho.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Holy shit! It went to 46 pounds a headset?

Damn, I only got 23 pounds a few weeks ago. Sadge.

Actually, I wonder if I could pull a trick here. I received a headset as a replacement and it keeps asking me to redeem asgards wrath 2.

If I make my daughter account and a reference her a headset and then sign in on my new headset....I wonder if that will work.

Guess I'll have to reset my headset tho.
Good question, if it's within 7 days of first activation then it is worth a shot

Top Bottom