• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Firewalls (Zonealarm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deg

Banned
How do you get to see a list of connections when a program is connected to the internet? How to block specific IP addresses for specific programs if you want to?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
you should be able to add trusted and untrusted single IP addresses, make a specific rule for a specific port on the untrusted IP address. basically anyway.

Deg

Banned
catfish said:
you should be able to add trusted and untrusted single IP addresses, make a specific rule for a specific port on the untrusted IP address. basically anyway.

found it. Pretty good :)

Is there any way of using Zonealarm to monitor traffic in real time. As in seeing which IP's i am connected to? That way i find out what to block and what the addresses are. All i know is what program is connected to the internet.

Deg

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
just download peer guardian and export its blocklist

if your doing what I think your doing.

Thats not what i meant but thanks as this stuff could prove useful for filesharing i guess.

What i meant was somehting that allows me to see what i am connected to. For example Seeing what Websites and IP's IE is connected to while i surf :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I pretty much want this exact thing as well, I tried a program called DU meter mainly for monitoring who is using how much of our monthly traffic cap, I just tried to start it up, but it's trial expired. From memory I think it was doing mostly what you want.

Deg

Banned
catfish said:
I pretty much want this exact thing as well, I tried a program called DU meter mainly for monitoring who is using how much of our monthly traffic cap, I just tried to start it up, but it's trial expired. From memory I think it was doing mostly what you want.

xns51.gif

http://www.download.com/X-NetStat/3000-2085-10302897.html?tag=lst-0-4

15 day trial sadly :(

Something like that. I'll try some of these out. It would have been nice to have it inside ZA so you could just right click and block.

Might use a different firewall.

maharg

idspispopd
If this is XP, open up a command line (Start->Run->cmd) and type "netstat -a | more" and press enter.

I'm not sure if 9x/ME include netstat, but you can try it. Just change cmd above to command and otherwise follow the same instructions.

Deg

Banned
maharg said:
If this is XP, open up a command line (Start->Run->cmd) and type "netstat -a | more" and press enter.

I'm not sure if 9x/ME include netstat, but you can try it. Just change cmd above to command and otherwise follow the same instructions.

Interesting and it can see everything.

Thanks. Pretty handy.

maharg

idspispopd
Also, always check here for this sort of thing: SysInternals. TCPView, I believe, will do what you want and even tell you which process has opened what connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom