• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Firmware updating "US PSP"

i have a US model of the PSP and i went on playstation.com and i could see that there was an update on the firmware for my psp avaliable

firmware 1.51
i have 1.50

is there a point in installing it or ?

and it says i have to have the ac adapter plugged in to the PSP before i start the update, is that nessesary?
i have a fully charged batteri in my PSP

robertsan21 said:
oh, but does the EMU work on the US PSP aswell?

NO, but it's even less likely to work on later revisions than 1.5. Every firmware revision patches more and more holes an emu could possibly use to run. So don't upgrade!

BuddyC

JackFrost2012 said:
NO, but it's even less likely to work on later revisions than 1.5. Every firmware revision patches more and more holes an emu could possibly use to run. So don't upgrade!
BUT I WANT TO PLAY SPACE INVADERS

JackFrost2012 said:
Wait for PSP MAME!!

And while you're waiting, play Galaga '88!

Everybody wins!

Except people with 1.5!

ok thanks Frost, someone hack the 1.5 so i can play emu games on my PSP DAMMIT!

Erdrick

Arrrgh... And I just downloaded and installed the update last weekend. Oh well... Then again, I have no plans for playing emulated games on my PSP, so... Not so bad.

BuddyC

robertsan21 said:
ok thanks Frost, someone hack the 1.5 so i can play emu games on my PSP DAMMIT!
1.5 support? Oh, we hadn't considered that. Didn't think there was a demand for it. We'll get right on that, then.

-The PSP Hacker Community

EGM92

Erdrick said:
Arrrgh... And I just downloaded and installed the update last weekend. Oh well... Then again, I have no plans for playing emulated games on my PSP, so... Not so bad.

But it's killing you inside that the one chance, the one slim chance of playing EMU games is most likely gone right?

Erdrick

EGM92 said:
But it's killing you inside that the one chance, the one slim chance of playing EMU games is most likely gone right?

On one hand, actually, yes. Depends what I'd want to play on it though. However, I'm not *that* concerned, since I am sure the emulation community will crack the updates as they come.

What was the "Official" reason of the update given by Sony anyway? Anyone know?

Top Bottom