• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about mono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I went to the doc a couple days ago and she said I tested positive for EBV antibodies which means I have mono. The only symptoms I am experiencing are sore throat (so much so I can't swallow/eat), zero appetite, occasional fever and occasional aches which are hardly a bother. I was under the impression most people were incredibly fatigued with mono and they would sleep 12-16 hours a day. I'm not tired and I can't sleep. What gives? Not even Nyquil is helping! Make the pain go away! *glares at the useless throat lossenges and sprays in the corner*

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
That is weird. I remember when my ex-gf had mono, it was so bad that I lost contact/sight of her for a month. She used to sleep for like 12 hours, and then sleep more during the day. After she was fine, we went out this one night, went crazy and had some awesome fun that night in her room (=D)...for like 2 hours we were going at it.

Then the two days ago she realized she still had mono, and what was miraculous was that even though we were fucking around for God knows how long...I didn't come down with it! I always thought mono was insanely contagious, but I swerved that bullet somehow.

The fatigue won't necessarily kick in automatically, it may kick in about a week or two, then you will be asleep for a month and just be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom