• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege Operation Shadow Legacy Detailed (Sam Fisher Update)

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief

Update Includes:
  • New Ping 2.0 (Numbered by teammate + contextual Ping like Apex)
  • New Optics/Scopes (New sights, magnification levels, customize reticle color/opacity)
  • New Hard Breaching Gadget (Secondary gadget for attackers opens a window through hard wall, RIP Hibana)
  • EMP Grenade Rework (disables rather than destroys)
  • New Reinforcement System (Shared pool for team-roamers rejoice!)
  • New Map Ban System (Vote to ban from a list of 3 maps)
  • New Match Replay System (Coming to test server only)
  • New Web Based Stat System
  • Chalet Map Rework
  • Sam Fisher Operator (Zero/2 Armor, 2 Speed)

jigglet

Banned
I'm semi-sceptical about the shared pool of reinforcements, but otherwise this looks solid.

Zero's gadget seems pretty good too. Another strong season it seems.

And whether this is a good use of Sam or not, as a Siege player I don't give a flying fuck.

Last edited:

isual

well. i have about 250k renown. so...either i buy him at 25k or gamble to get it this december 2020 in the gift.

GenericUser

Super cool Update. Especially hyped about the ping 2.0 and the reworked optics. Gimme another defender with an acog please.

When will the update be released?

Last edited:
I'm semi-sceptical about the shared pool of reinforcements, but otherwise this looks solid.
789510.jpg

But for real, I think pooled reinforcements are a game changer for teams that a down a man due to TK/abandonment/disconnect, and is absolutely necessary to help keep the game balanced, especially in Ranked play. And with the addition of the new hard breach utility, guaranteed access to 10 reinforcements is critical.

Overall, if this is the kind of push we can see Ubisoft giving this game with their new one-operator-per-season format, I'm happy. All of these updates make it feel like a whole new game. It seems like a lot of issues the community has are being listened to and addressed. And for those interested in watching competitive play, this only makes competitive play that much more complex.

jigglet

Banned
But for real, I think pooled reinforcements are a game changer for teams that a down a man due to TK/abandonment/disconnect, and is absolutely necessary to help keep the game balanced, especially in Ranked play. And with the addition of the new hard breach utility, guaranteed access to 10 reinforcements is critical.

Here's my concern: in an average ranked game, when are you a man down? 1/10 times?

Compare this with how often you have a selfish roamer that will piss off and force the others to do all the reinforcement....1/3 times?

The odds are against this being a good idea for a non-5 man stack. That's my worry.

Last edited:
Here's my concern: in an average ranked game, when are you a man down? 1/10 times?

Compare this with how often you have a selfish roamer that will piss off and force the others to do all the reinforcement....1/3 times?

The odds are against this being a good idea for a non-5 man stack. That's my worry.

While it may be rare in ranked, it is much less rare in quick match. There are already selfish roamers that piss off and don't do any reinforcements at the moment; at least with pooled reinforcements, they're all there. There are advantages as well as the disadvantages. Playing this game already sucks if you Solo queue, but Rainbow Six isn't about Solo queue rock stars, it's about teamwork and communication. This serves that.

YoodlePro

I agree that the shared pool is interesting. Especially in quick match (or newcomer if you're low level) there are matches where almost no walls are reinforced because everyone just f*cks off.

Also, PS4 player here, kind of sick and tired of solo queue, hit me up.

SCB3

I'll be honest, Sam Fisher has brought me back into Siege, played a few games last night and I'm impressed on the differences made since i last played about 2 years ago or so, I also have SO much to open as well.

I do like the look of these changes as well, I was thinking that I wished the ping system was better, then I saw this update video showing it, almost exactly what I wanted

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Super cool Update. Especially hyped about the ping 2.0 and the reworked optics. Gimme another defender with an acog please.

When will the update be released?
No release date yet. They typically post these deep dives one month or so before release.

Also, PS4 player here, kind of sick and tired of solo queue, hit me up.
Xbox here since thats where my friends play the game. Sorry, wish I could! Want to switch to PC honestly but have to stay where the friends are.

I was thinking about that as well...I am definitely guilty of TKing people who reinforce kids room on house despite a number of warning shots. Now those people will have more freedom. Finding a good 5 stack will be more important than ever.

Last edited:
No release date yet. They typically post these deep dives one month or so before release.

Xbox here since thats where my friends play the game. Sorry, wish I could! Want to switch to PC honestly but have to stay where the friends are.

I was thinking about that as well...I am definitely guilty of TKing people who reinforce kids room on house despite a number of warning shots. Now those people will have more freedom. Finding a good 5 stack will be more important than ever.
I always reinforce kids room because fuck you, that's why.

For real, when i play Siege, I play solo in terms of strategy and lead the team by example. Coppers are fantastic dogs to lead in a match.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I always reinforce kids room because fuck you, that's why.

For real, when i play Siege, I play solo in terms of strategy and lead the team by example. Coppers are fantastic dogs to lead in a match.
Ha! Kojima would reinforce kids-but there would probably be a vague 45 min cutscene to explain why.

My friends and I always blow walls open immediately, send voice chat invitations, ask them what character they want, ping the walls that do need to be reinforced so that our random knows what to do. We are generally good citizens about that. on occasion though you get that one sort of extra special random...you know, the kind who shoots defender cams, plays as doc and stims the enemy, or sits on site in a 5v1 and won't plant the defuser.

R6Rider

Gold Member
About time we get an improved ping system. Should be a Ping select wheel though, like enemy seen here, Defuser, Reinforce here, Window open, Drone spotted, etc.

Pool of reinforcements should be ok in most situations, but there will be people abusing it to troll teamates. Thatcher just took a huge nerf IMO. especially because you still have to actively destroy gadgets when disabled.

Seeing Sam Fisher added makes we wish Siege had a lighting system built in. Having an operator to blackout a room, shooting out unshielded lights, etc. would be cool.

YoodlePro

About time we get an improved ping system. Should be a Ping select wheel though, like enemy seen here, Defuser, Reinforce here, Window open, Drone spotted, etc.

Pool of reinforcements should be ok in most situations, but there will be people abusing it to troll teamates. Thatcher just took a huge nerf IMO. especially because you still have to actively destroy gadgets when disabled.

Seeing Sam Fisher added makes we wish Siege had a lighting system built in. Having an operator to blackout a room, shooting out unshielded lights, etc. would be cool.
Like the opposite of Ying, he throws in his gadget and the entire room goes dark while he/she can see inside just fine.

Dope, I like it

jigglet

Banned

I've been playing since beta and for the first few years I was a big advocate of a wheel. But the more I play (probably over 4k hours now) the more I think this is not viable in such a fast paced game. Sometimes you need to make really quick callouts, lay down the ping and go. There's no time for even a split second delay of a wheel and its selection.

Top Bottom