• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege Top Issues and Community Concerns

Mista

Banned
topissues_349922.png

We will be updating the following list regularly to outline the status of certain issues that are currently pressing for our community. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and should only be used as a reference to give a general idea of where our focus currently is.

top%20issues_349872.gif

SOUND BUGS

Description: Muffled, missing sounds + various sound issues.
Status: We have identified a bug that allows sound to travel more easily that intended through solid objects/walls. We are also continuing to go through videos that are sent to us to identify standalone sound/audio issues.

CONNECTIVITY

Description: Players are losing control on their Operator and then being disconnected and presented with an error message.
Status: We have dedicated a team specifically to these connectivity topics, and have identified a couple of issues that are sometimes interpreted as a “Denial of Service” attacks. These issues are a priority for us.

top%20gameplay%20topics_349873.gif

SMOKE GAS CANISTER PROPAGATION

Description: Gas from Smoke’s Gas Grenades clips through walls.
Objective: Our goal is to rework the propagation so it is similar to the new Capitao fire bolt, and use this as an opportunity to revisit the visual.
Status: [Target: During Y4S3] We have encountered an issue and will be pushing this change to Season 3 to ensure that it is released in a more comfortable state.

WEAPON SIGHT ALIGNMENT

Description: Weapon optics are a few pixels off center in some situations.
Objective: We want to implement a system to prevent most misalignment issues in the future. At the same time, we are improving the look of the guns in ADS by adding secondary motion, which is now possible due to the tech that keeps the scopes aligned with the reticule.
Status: [Target: During Y4S3] Feedback is currently being gathered in internal play sessions.

SHOTGUN WALL DESTRUCTION IS UNRELIABLE

Description: Shotguns are inconsistent when being used to destroy wooden beams.
Objective: We want to ensure that the destruction of wooden beams is reliable, for both player comfort and ensuring we do not force players to spend extra time attempting to destroy wooden beams.
Status: [Target: Y4S2.3] We are assessing the initial results of the change, and continuing to fine tune the destruction..

OPERATOR/GADGET KILL SWITCH

Description: Operators that are disruptive due to exploits being removed from play.
Objective: When an Operator or Gadget is disabled, provide players with feedback on what/why.
Status: [Target: During Y4S3] We have a bit of programming work left, and some UI work as well.

DEBRIS STUCK IN WINDOW/DOOR BARRICADES

Description: Debris sometimes remains stuck in the barricades on doors and windows, causing players to have different sight lines.
Objective: Provide consistency for all players for barricade destruction.
Status: [Target: Potentially Y5S1] We are currently in the design phase to determine how we want to approach this topic. We are exploring and prototyping different options.

ECHO YOKAI CLOAKING

Description: With the deployment of the Y4S2.2 patch, we implemented a fix for Yokai being seen through the glass sections of Attacker’s shields. This had the unintended effect of making Echo's drone invisible.
Objective: Our balancing team’s intent is to make Yokai Drones more easily spotted in a later update.
Status: [Target: TBD] We will address this issue in a future patch. Once we have more information, we will provide an update.

top%20balancing%20topics_349874.gif

OPERATOR BANS

Description: We have seen a high ban rate for Blitz, Jackal, Echo, and Caveira in Ranked.
Status: We are discussing how we want to approach topic of balancing around Pick/Ban in Ranked, and the Operators that are affected the most by it.

SMOKE

Description: Adjustments to the damage curve for Smoke’s Gas Canister will move Smoke further towards an area denial role.
Status: [On Hold] We are satisfied overall with how this is developing, but but need to put it on hold until other dependencies are delivered.

Helios

DEBRIS STUCK IN WINDOW/DOOR BARRICADES

Description: Debris sometimes remains stuck in the barricades on doors and windows, causing players to have different sight lines.
Objective: Provide consistency for all players for barricade destruction.
Status: [Target: Potentially Y5S1] We are currently in the design phase to determine how we want to approach this topic. We are exploring and prototyping different options.
tenor.gif

funcojoe

How are people still playing this? I really hope they are working on a next gen version. I played this for a good year and after getting past the terrible visuals I did find a very addicting game just one that looks so dated my eyes can’t handle it.

waylo

Banned
How are people still playing this? I really hope they are working on a next gen version. I played this for a good year and after getting past the terrible visuals I did find a very addicting game just one that looks so dated my eyes can’t handle it.
Speaking only of the PC version, I think it still looks pretty good.

Speaking only of the PC version, I think it still looks pretty good.

I play PC and PS4. It still looks great on PS4, especially with the amount of destruction there is in the game. PC looks better for sure, but I honestly don't play Siege for the visuals, I play it for the sickeningly engaging gameplay. I don't know the last time an FPS has been this addicting to me.

Changing client-side debris is AWESOME, but it's a damn shame that they're aiming for it at the beginning of the FIFTH YEAR. Granted, that's only six months away or so, and I've dealt with it this long. Overall, I'm glad they're making a way to address huge community issues. Let's get some hit registration fixes coming up, too. Maybe Y5S1 needs another Operation Health. 48 Operators right now is plenty, we don't NEED new operators every 3 months to change up the meta. Especially with how fundamentally non-game-changing Nokk and Warden have been.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Honestly, I hope they work on a proper Rainbow Six game that plays like the greats. Really not a fan of the general style of gameplay Siege provides and Terrorist Hunt got old after a few hours.

Last edited:

manfestival

I am just hoping I can find another squad to play Siege with. I enjoy the game but my crew went off to play different games after the whole valentines day thing. MISTA I NEED YOUUUU

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
With DLC and updates there's no pressure to make sequels.

Mista

Banned
Honestly, I hope they work on a proper Rainbow Six game that plays like the greats. Really not a fan of the general style of gameplay Siege provides and Terrorist Hunt got old after a few hours.
Siege is a “proper” tactical game where you get punished for dumb decisions

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Siege is a “proper” tactical game where you get punished for dumb decisions

...and? That doesn't change the fact that I don't like its style of MP and would prefer something closer to how previous entries played. Something with an actual single player.

Mista

Banned
...and? That doesn't change the fact that I don't like its style of MP and would prefer something closer to how previous entries played. Something with an actual single player.
Sure, but you not liking it doesn’t mean that Siege isn’t a proper game🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d take an old school Rainbow Six though. Played the hell out of Vegas

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Sure, but you not liking it doesn’t mean that Siege isn’t a proper game🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d take an old school Rainbow Six though. Played the hell out of Vegas

I never said it wasn't a proper game. I just said it isn't a proper Rainbow Six game. It is a spinoff.

Keihart

I played this since beta and was playing it at least once a week until white noise, but i feel devs ruined the game for me and my friends by seeking balance for pro league. At some point the game got super tilted towards fast operators, shotguns got super nerfed, smoke became like an ugly grey block, never managed to properly nerf drop shots, lighting was "fixed" and day/night variations became pointless. Never fixed Tachanka because memes, nerfed and reworked glaz into oblivion, he became anything but a sniper, the removed fun maps because they were not "fair" when they were only making momory space and reworking maps to fit in new operators but disguised as reworking "balance", etc, etc...
One of my favorite games this gen and at the same time , one of the most disappointing ones.
I get the impression that some the original dev team somewhere along the line got kicked aside and a new team came in and started to stir the game in a new direction, even with bugs and all, the first year or so was pretty consistent with the direction of the game that launched.

Last edited:

Helios

You might want to check Door Kickers for a more proper Rainbow Six game.

Top Bottom