• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rate the music made by Suno.ai

Tumle

i been playing around with this ai thing all weekend making meme songs..
they just released version 3..(paid subscription to use it) and wow!!
even if there still is some compression you can here, its come along way from when i first tried it a year ago.

How it works:
you can write the lyrics and decide the music style, but you cant edit the result.. you can make 2 min. at a time (only in V3, v2 witch is free is 1 min 30 sec).
but you can make it longer by continuing the song, an unlimited amount of times.

well here is my song about Neogaf in different genres :p
EDM
https://app.suno.ai/song/a59d1142-50a0-40a7-b717-cb46b64dbc23

country metal
https://app.suno.ai/song/e3884dfd-df03-4b06-94c3-c14d8db10eca

rap
https://app.suno.ai/song/bfd33db9-353d-430a-ab9e-8a44ef261619

kids song
https://app.suno.ai/song/fd23a756-8fea-4bb0-a57c-534dc2a386a4

sea shanty
https://app.suno.ai/song/dc3b66a5-8365-498b-9d68-acce61c300f6

power metal

https://app.suno.ai/song/5b11bb37-21e8-471f-bf36-c5c17625f641

you can go on and on.. you can share your music too and i saw one guy who had made a speed metal song with an accordion :p

Tumle

Genuinely terrible. I don't what I expected but something better than that soulless crap for sure. The vocals sounded robotic as shit. I could hear the aliasing clear as day. It's a shame too because a program that could produce lifelike vocals for daws would be incredible.
Yea I said there was distortion.. and it’s much better melodically than so many other ai music makers.. it will get better, the improvement from v1 to v3 is huge, and it’s only been out a year.. I think sounds as soulless as so much other music out there🤷‍♂️

I managed to make some a couple of samples that are reminiscent of Nujabes, Samurai Champloo, and Adult Swim. Let me know what you think:

This one would need some better mixing:

I think it comes close to a feeling that this image would give:

2710834_vulpsvulps_samurai-champloo.gif

While it's not quite ready for lyrics yet, I can definitely see the potential. AI can be a beautiful thing sometimes, when it works.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
Yea I said there was distortion.. and it’s much better melodically than so many other ai music makers.. it will get better, the improvement from v1 to v3 is huge, and it’s only been out a year.. I think sounds as soulless as so much other music out there🤷‍♂️
I don't get it at all. Why would you want to use this piece of shit, when you could get a cheap daw and actually make your own music?

chat gpt, sora, this.etc...
as i said since the beginning of the A.I. frenzy

A.I. is going to bring even more shit to entertainment (which is already filled with shit anyways) the only way to stand out and be able to make a leaving is being a generalist and also being incredibly good and talented in the first place, then incorporate A.I. into your workflow to make multifaceted stuff at the highest quality/scope.

scary and overwhelming

decisions

Over the past few months I’ve actually become more bearish on AI’s impact. It will be good to give an “idea” of what you want, but the belief that it will replace artist’s work requires the belief that artists don’t really care about the details. Except no artistic person believes that, and in fact the sign of most great artists is that they are extremely-detail oriented.

AI can give you “a” metal song, “an” image of a glass turtle walking through a museum, but not “the” one that you want. Because when an artist describes something to someone else, we don’t all see the same thing in our minds. But to drive stock prices every person involved in AI will tell you over the next few years that it will replace just about everything, it is in their best interest to do so.

Last edited:
I don't get it at all. Why would you want to use this piece of shit, when you could get a cheap daw and actually make your own music?
It's just a tool, like anything else. I think some of the more talented artists out there will use AI like this as a tool to help give them creative ideas or refine ideas they might have had but needed a last bit of spark to help.

Winter John

Gold Member
It's just a tool, like anything else. I think some of the more talented artists out there will use AI like this as a tool to help give them creative ideas or refine ideas they might have had but needed a last bit of spark to help.
But it's not a tool. You can't do anything with it. You can't remove or change any part of the "songs" it's generating. There's no creative process involved anywhere in this thing. It's a toy for people who don't make music. Just like that art AI thing is a toy for people like me who can't draw for shit.

meme song

lyrics:

Lost in the mountains
He likes to walk among the flowers
The animals fear him
And when they see him, they hide

A bear came down
And the horse stroke him
And the bear failed

Homosexual horse of the mountains
No animal is spared

No animal is spared

Horse, horse
Horse, horse

In the depths of nature
The animals there pray not to encounter him
And a squirrel came out to gather its nuts
And the horse stroke it and the squirrel failed

No animal is spared

No animal is spared

Horse, horse
Horse, horse

No animal is spared

No animal is spared

even if there still is some compression you can here, its come along way from when i first tried it a year ago.

How it works:
you can write the lyrics and decide the music style, but you cant edit the result.. you can make 2 min. at a time (only in V3, v2 witch is free is 1 min 30 sec).
but you can make it longer by continuing the song, an unlimited amount of times.

EDM

country metal

rap

kids song

sea shanty

power metal

you can go on and on.. you can share your music too and i saw one guy who had made a speed metal song with an accordion :p

Well, I guess I'll be the first to say that I actually liked it.

I hate admitting it but the country metal one was the best and I pretty much hate a good 98% or so of country music.

You said that you can decide the music style but are the styles all the same or is a random melody selected?

Things are gonna be nuts by the end of the decade.

But it's not a tool. You can't do anything with it. You can't remove or change any part of the "songs" it's generating.
You can though? The tracks are fully downloadable. Wait...did you even look at the app?

There's no creative process involved anywhere in this thing. It's a toy for people who don't make music. Just like that art AI thing is a toy for people like me who can't draw for shit.
It sounds more like you have a general grudge against AI to make such a statement.

Tumle

I managed to make some a couple of samples that are reminiscent of Nujabes, Samurai Champloo, and Adult Swim. Let me know what you think:

This one would need some better mixing:

I think it comes close to a feeling that this image would give:

2710834_vulpsvulps_samurai-champloo.gif

While it's not quite ready for lyrics yet, I can definitely see the potential. AI can be a beautiful thing sometimes, when it works.
Nice😊 and yea the voices can be really hit or miss, but they are definitely better and more pronounced in version 3. There are songs in the explore tab where it’s less noticeable.. but for the most part it sound like they over done the auto tuning 😋

Tumle

Well, I guess I'll be the first to say that I actually liked it.

I hate admitting it but the country metal one was the best and I pretty much hate a good 98% or so of country music.

You said that you can decide the music style but are the styles all the same or is a random melody selected?

Things are gonna be nuts by the end of the decade.
The melody is randomly generated.. there is no pre-made song that it chooses.
It builds the music up around the lyrics and try and pace it, even if you are bad at writing lyrics within a beat

Tumle

AIVA.ai is better and has a longer history

The first track "I am AI" might sound familiar. It's the song used as the "Nvidia theme song" at the beginning of all their GTC keynotes since 2017

thanks will definitely check this out.. i think i have been in there before but its a few years ago :)

Edit: yea was just in to try it out and yes i have been using it a couple of years ago.. at that time i thought the musical compositions it made was lacking, but could make a good template to build from, since you can download the midi files.
I feel like they are going for two different approaches though.. so saying one is better than the other is kind of hard to judge.. Aiva is definitely more flexible and cleaner sound (right now) :)

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Genuinely terrible. I don't what I expected but something better than that soulless crap for sure. The vocals sounded robotic as shit. I could hear the aliasing clear as day. It's a shame too because a program that could produce lifelike vocals for daws would be incredible.
With the extremely rapid development that is currently taking place, you wouldn't notice anything in a few years.

Winter John

Gold Member
You can though? The tracks are fully downloadable. Wait...did you even look at the app?

It sounds more like you have a general grudge against AI to make such a statement.
The only options I saw was a box for typing the text. I didn't see any options that would allow me to download the tracks or use sampling tools. I had a look on the Reddit sub to see if anyone was using this in Ableton or Pro-Tools but it was just a bunch of YT tracks. If it's possible to get this thing to sketch out an idea I have, then allow me to edit and expand on it with my own samples in my daw then I'm all for it.
I have zero problems with AI if it helps creativity. That art thing was great for me because I can't draw for shit. I got no talent for it at all. Being able to conjure up a bunch of dumb stuff was fun as fuck, but I could see why it pissed real, actual artists off. Those guys spend decades learning, practicing, working on their art, then some dumb yahoo like me comes along and goes look at this shit I drew, Princess Leah gangbanging the Yankee's 98 team. Yeah, no surprise that's gonna rile them up.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
chat gpt, sora, this.etc...
as i said since the beginning of the A.I. frenzy

A.I. is going to bring even more shit to entertainment (which is already filled with shit anyways) the only way to stand out and be able to make a leaving is being a generalist and also being incredibly good and talented in the first place, then incorporate A.I. into your workflow to make multifaceted stuff at the highest quality/scope.

scary and overwhelming

AI generated music is going to be a curse and a blessing. It's going to absolutely kill original music because for every good song by actual humans there's going to be millions of AI songs. And even when some lucky guy/gal rises above the oceans of sludge, that hit song is going to used to generate an endless string of AI generated variations on that theme.

On the other hand, it could herald the return of live music because people will get absolutely sick of the standardized, generic crap that AI will vomit over us.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
With the extremely rapid development that is currently taking place, you wouldn't notice anything in a few years.

When AI music is everywhere, it could even be that people get so used to the artificiality of AI music that people expect that fake sound from all music they hear. That happened more than a decade in pop music when auto tune became popular. First it was used to fix bad vocals, now it's used because it's how modern pop music sounds.

AI generated music is going to be a curse and a blessing. It's going to absolutely kill original music because for every good song by actual humans there's going to be millions of AI songs. And even when some lucky guy/gal rises above the oceans of sludge, that hit song is going to used to generate an endless string of AI generated variations on that theme.

On the other hand, it could herald the return of live music because people will get absolutely sick of the standardized, generic crap that AI will vomit over us.
is pretty well known that music as a business makes money thanks to live concerts.

i have seen some smaller artist live stream their concerts, you buy a "virtual ticket" and enjoy the live show.

but there are another markets for musicians/composers/sound designers like doing the tunes for Advertising or generic sound beats for motion graphics etc.... is a similar case for photo-cinematographers/upcoming models with stock footage.

Music is literally the audible version of math, there's no reason to assume that AI music will be "standardized" and "generic" any more than the shitty ass pop music humans make today

Fbh

Lol didn't know about this.
It's not good yet, sounds very generic and robotic.

But for some funny songs about memes within my friend group it's going to be fun.

Toots

Gold Member
Thanks for the effort of doing all these !
It's weird, it's like listening to someone sing a song in a language they don't understand.

plus no solo in a power metal song wtf ???

Is there an AI music program where I can provide my own instrumental (loop) and ask it to come up with specific melodies using for example (the pentatonic scale only). Or does it come up with random melodies based on your "text lyrics"?

Tumle

Thanks for the effort of doing all these !
It's weird, it's like listening to someone sing a song in a language they don't understand.

plus no solo in a power metal song wtf ???
lol it was no work at all :p i could have tried making more iterations to find songs that had better and more clear vocals.. but it was late at night.. :)
also i could have put [guitar solo] in the text and it would have made a solo :p also need to continue the song but i couldn't be bothered last night :p

drexplora

I dig the country metal!
Suno is great, and has lots of damn potential.
It's a lot of fun mixing genres and trying to create something that might never exist "naturally"

Here's some examples a buddy of mine created using Suno.
You might notice some recurring themes :'D

High voltage

Astral Defender

Digital Defender

Binary Fire

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

How it works:

EDM

country metal

rap

kids song

sea shanty

power metal

LOL these are hilarious.

Pejo

Reminded me of Metal Gear Rising. Really nice idea here.
Dude same! That was my first thought as I listened to it. I was impressed that it even did an AI guitar solo at the end. I tried with the rest of my free credits for today to get another song to do a guitar solo and couldn't get it to work no matter what I prompted.

Also the platform has no fucking idea what DnB music is. I tried typing it as Drum and Bass, D&B, DnB Drum & Bass and it kept giving me shit that sounded like a Justin Timberlake Christmas album.

Tumle

Dude same! That was my first thought as I listened to it. I was impressed that it even did an AI guitar solo at the end. I tried with the rest of my free credits for today to get another song to do a guitar solo and couldn't get it to work no matter what I prompted.

Also the platform has no fucking idea what DnB music is. I tried typing it as Drum and Bass, D&B, DnB Drum & Bass and it kept giving me shit that sounded like a Justin Timberlake Christmas album.
got this result. are you using custom mode?
edit:
and yea its hard to get it to make it.. though i'm no DnB connoisseur, here is some other results.. not quite DnB :p

Last edited:

YCoCg

Oh boy, I can't wait til AI brings us the future of complete isolation and loneliness! Where the only content we consume is movies, music, books, etc by AIs based on our human algorithms so everyone gets personalized content that's only suitable for them! You'll never have to leave your bubble again!

Tumle

Oh boy, I can't wait til AI brings us the future of complete isolation and loneliness! Where the only content we consume is movies, music, books, etc by AIs based on our human algorithms so everyone gets personalized content that's only suitable for them! You'll never have to leave your bubble again!
That’s a very bleak future you invision.. I’m sorry to hear that is where you think things are going..
I have a more positive mind set. I think of a more bright future where you can make your ideas come true and share it with everyone, even if you don’t have the certain skill that it acquires to make your idea/dream come true..

I think ai, is like a genie making your wishes come true, than a dystopian overlord that prevents you from interacting with real people..

Last edited:

Tumle

Surprisingly catchy. It sucks for sure, but catchy!
If you just want it to make chiptune music with out the singer, you can just choose instrumental 😊
But it was a funny little song😋
Maybe do a mash up.. like chiptune disco or something 😂

Last edited:

Trilobit

If you just want it to make chiptune music with out the singer, you can just choose instrumental 😊
But it was a funny little song😋
Maybe do a mash up.. like chiptune disco or something 😂

I think I tried writing "instrumental" on another prompt, but it just made it sing even more lol.

Tumle

found someone else on there who made something drum and base :)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not bad. The songs have a robotic twangy sound to it, but the tune itself is no worse than any other amateur band or teen pop out there.

Will be good for creatives as I see tons of people using it, copying what AI churns out and just rerecords it with their own voices and instruments.

It's like all the visual AI out there. Every creative makes it sound like all of it is dogshit and they'd never use it ever for anything. I bet any money tons of them use it for ideas or even part of final form. They just dont want to admit it because it looks bad if they say these used an AI bot for help.

Last edited:
My favourites are

Lyrics is crap but the rhythm is quite nice and with a some adjustments (improve lyrics) it would be quite neat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom