• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman 10th Anniversary

Theres very little information that crept up for this complimation, although the console versions contain Rayman 3 and Arena/M, it also includes Rayman 2 (Assumed to be the PS2 version's A.K.A Revolution) for the PS2, PC and the Gamecube (I cant seem to find info for an XBox version)

Also a Game Boy Advance 'two-pack' version with Rayman Advance and Rayman 3 is coming.

Extras and such are unfortunatley unknown. Though us Nintendo users can feel content for having all 3 major Rayman releases on one console.

http://www.rayman-fanpage.de/rayman2/news.htm

Although its a link to a fanpage, it lists retailers who indeed have the games in the system (With one of them having the Gamecube version PLUS a DVD of the TV series as a bonus)

and mock-u-boxes!

rayman-10th-anniversary_ps2_box.jpg

rayman-10th-anniversary_gba_box.jpg

Maybe its worth it...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
But there are 3 Rayman GBA games out.

Still, good deal! I think I own them all separately, but I might just pick this up anyway!

Andy787

Banned
Damn, why don't they just throw in Rayman 1 in the console version to give you the complete series. Still, very cool, adored Rayman 2 and never tried R3, so I will pick this up.

CO_Andy

That's a very uncreative cover in celebration of Rayman's 10th anniversary :(

Never played any Rayman after 1, so I'm definitely picking this baby up!

Tell me why I should like Rayman. Btw, the only game I've played from the michael guy is Byeond good and Evil and I love it.

Each version of Rayman 1 had it's strengths, but the Saturn version had a bit more polish for the most part. I'd love to see a new edition with all of the graphical assets and tricks from each version, with no slowdown.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So... in a nutshell, this package includes both Rayman 3 and Arena (current generation titles), and a port of Rayman 2?

This seems like a rather paltry anniversary collection. I'm half expecting to see them packaging together unsold copies of Rayman 3 and Arena, bundled with a port of Rayman 2.

Varian

Mejilan said:
But there are 3 Rayman GBA games out.

Still, good deal! I think I own them all separately, but I might just pick this up anyway!
The 3rd one is isometric. Ubisoft should have taste enough not to include it.

Scott

Unfortunately, the original Rayman can't be included in a collection like this, as Sony doesn't allow PSOne and PS2 titles to be bundled together.

Varian

Scott said:
Unfortunately, the original Rayman can't be included in a collection like this, as Sony doesn't allow PSOne and PS2 titles to be bundled together.
If it helps Rayman Advance is a port of the original.

The GBA version is availible for pre-order for American Wal-Mart stores.

So yes, these games definatley ARE stateside.

Plus Rayman Advance is a port of Rayman 1 (Minus just a few levels, and made easier for the handheld) other than that, its a damn fine port.

Plus the racing bits of Rayman Arena were alright....

Mejilan

Varian said:
The 3rd one is isometric. Ubisoft should have taste enough not to include it.

I know, but still.

For anniversary collections, both compilations are woefully lacking. :)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'll be very tempted to buy the Gamecube version. I have to admit to only playing the Rayman 2 Dreamcast demo, and while I absolutely loved it, I just never got around to buying the game. Depending on the price, I might jump right for this one.

CO_Andy

Necroscope said:
...the only game I've played from the michael guy is Byeond good and Evil and I love it.
Ancel mentioned in Play Magazine he's not interested (currently) in developing a sequel to BG&E.

CO_Andy

Ancel also mentioned in that interview that Ubisoft permits him the freedom of choosing whatever game project he wants to work on.

Can you blame the guy? According to the French illuminary, BG&E has been his most exaustive project.

B E N K E

CO_Andy said:
Ancel also mentioned in that interview that Ubisoft permits him the freedom of choosing whatever game project he wants to work on.

Can you blame the guy? According to the French illuminary, BG&E has been his most exaustive project.

When I talked to Ancel he said the exact opposite (at E3). He would love to do a sequel to Beyond Good & Evil at some point, but it's up to management to decide if it gets made. Between the lines I gathered they were making the sequel, when the King Kong project took precedence (also at the same time sales for B G&E were arriving). I doubt we'll ever see a sequel with the current direction of Ubisoft.

CO_Andy

Highlight taken from: Play Magazine, July 2005

Play: Would you say this is your most ambitious project?

Ancel: No... not really; it's the biggest and most confidential, but not in terms of complexity compared to Beyond Good & Evil with all of the planets, vehicles, water, characters... It's Peter Jackson, so it is huge, but the story is quite simple.

Play: Do you ever see yourself doing a BG&E sequel?

Ancel: It's 100 percent up to Ubisoft. Currently I have no plans for it for the future...

Play: Do you prefer producing original content fresh or sequels?

Ancel: I prefer to heighten the quality through sequels... but two or three is enough. Any more and you'll make fun of me.

Play: Not us! So then, are you able to to pick and choose your projects because of your body of work?

Ancel: Ubisoft has always been great about this; I've always chosen. I work on something because I want to.

SUNY AM SUX?

Seriously that's pretty weaksauce. If it's a technical reason couldn't they just do seperate discs? have Rayman 1 on one disc, with Rayman 2 and 3 on the other. The Rayman 1 disc could be filled with production art and what not. It wouldn't cost all that much.

Mejilan

jaundicejuice said:
SUNY AM SUX?

Seriously that's pretty weaksauce. If it's a technical reason couldn't they just do seperate discs? have Rayman 1 on one disc, with Rayman 2 and 3 on the other. The Rayman 1 disc could be filled with production art and what not. It wouldn't cost all that much.

No, I think it's the same reason why Growlanser Generations included the 2nd and 3rd games, both PS2 titles, and not the original (a PSOne game.)

Also, the first one will be included in the GBA compilation.

Mejilan

*lol*

Yeah, the GBA version of Rayman 1 wasn't the ideal version, IMHO, but it was very solid. Also a bit easier than the demanding original.

I remember being somewhat interested in Rayman Arena (which was announced when this gen started), but then it got delayed and delayed and delayed and when it finally came out after a year-and-a-half delay, it turned out to be an average multiplayer game. Weak.

Top Bottom