• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE9 leak update - Leon will be the protagonist for the entirety of the game

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
The source that stated Leon would be the protagonist of the prologue has rectified himself and now claims that he will be the protagonist for the whole game, not just the prologue. Whether he'll be the only protagonist or not isn't clear.

Panting Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Is this open world trash? Or was that Tomb Raider? I heard a rumor about a franchise going open world and I forget which one it was

Ge Os

I still find it funny how they used Jill's model from RE3 Remake for the Death Island movie + an explanation/excuse of why she looks the same to not use her again in a new game.

I'm not complaining about Leon, but my money was on Jill for RE9.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I really need one of those 3 hour YouTube videos that explains the lore of the entire Resident Evil series, because I have literally no idea who does what in which game and why it’s connected and matters.

Diddy X

Make it 1st person and the next remake can be 3rd person for variety, this has worked for them so far and with so many games in the last years people could grow tired if they had the same gameplay.

Last edited:

Arachnid

And the leaker is apparently Dusk Golem? Then where is Dusks leak? I'd trust anything he puts out for RE.

This guy though? Seems to be some rando. I don't see why I'd take this serious. That picture is for sure bullshit. They got Leon's hair completely wrong. Even in his most recent showing in Death Island, it looks like this:

which-leon-model-do-you-prefer-the-death-island-infinite-v0-wwvphxr1mjra1.jpg

I guess he could grow it out, but the dude in the OP;s hair look like it sticks out in a way Leons doesn't. Leons hair longer would just fall to his sides, Idk maybe I'm full of shit.

Astral Dog

while Leon Kennedy is one of my favorite characters in all of gaming , the last time he appeared in a main game i thought he was overused and Capcom should change gears, after RE6 i didn't cared to see Leon or Chris again.

now with the Remakes and after RE7 and RE8, it depends on their vision and as long as they make a survival horror masterpiece, i don't care who the main character is, but i assume there is someone else playable along with Leon

Well 2 and 4 where Leon is the main protagonist are 2 of the most beloved games in the series, so it makes sense that they want him again as the protagonist. Even in RE6 the Leon part was the best part of the game (although best in a turd doesn’t mean much).

I just hope they learned their lesson in 8, that it’s important to have interesting settings throughout the whole game instead of having the castle (which was also used for the complete marketing), but after that a series of uninspired boring locations.

Jesb

Wouldn’t complain about more Leon. Was expecting Chris but this is good too. What’s the timeline for RE9 since RE4?

Inspector Q

I wish they would go back to the style of RE1 and 2 where you have one main location (Mansion/RPD) that you slowly unlock through items and backtracking. Give us two main characters each with their own unique campaign. Just with slightly different paths and completely different storylines and characters that they meet up with. This allows them to reuse the same location to basically double the amount of content the game has to offer.

I guess you could also say RE4 was kind of like that with Ada's campaign.

Bonus points if they can somehow manage to do the A and B type scenarios from RE2 for even more content. Probably asking too much, though.

Instead, it sounds like it's just going to be one main character in an open world....? Umm, not sure, but I guess I will have to wait and see.

Top Bottom