• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REAL Media Create Charts: 24 - 30 July

cvxfreak said:
ds1seg2yf.jpg

i thought that was Opera

So Animal Crossing hits the 3 millions mark...
It is the 19th best selling game in Japan now and it is not over !

And what about New Super Mario Bros: it is an amazing game with amazing selling's numbers !!!

Shiggy

Sho Nuff said:
Glad to see bit-Generations tanking, those games are far too expensive for what they are! Bring on my muffing Rhythm Tengoku!

These games couldn't appear in the charts because there were only around 5000 copies of each game.

I love how these threads end up with a few bans every week..:lol

PS2 Valkyrie Profile Silmeria 2 - 358073
PS2 Persona 3 - 155980
PS2 Xenosaga EpIII - 153017

Somehow I feel sad for these 3 titles...not bombs at all, but when you compare them to psx entries (and XSEp1 ps2)...ugh...seems like its too late in ps2 life, or that ds is overshadowing them, or that there are a lot of rpg already, or that 3 grand rpg in a row is too much....or all those combined :(

Rock_Man

Based on the unconfirmed numbers:
11. PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 13 - 31,270 (196,148)
12. NDS Animal Crossing: Wild World - 29,847 (3,002,009)
13. PS2 Kinnikuman Max Grand Prix - 27,321
14. NDS English Training DS - 23,881 (1,313,514)
15. PS2 Battle Stadium DON - 22,929 (72,014)
16. PS2 True Crime NYC - 17,516
17. PS2 Persona 3 - 16,993 (155,980)
18. NDS Mario Kart DS
19. PS2 Hajimari no Yoru - 14,574
20. NDS Tetris DS
21. PSP LocoRoco - 13,001 (61,129)
22. NDS Digimon Story
23. PS2 Winning Eleven 10
24. GC Battle Stadium DON - 12,655 (48,054)
25. PS2 Ape Escape Million Monkeys
26. NDS Pokemon Ranger
27. NDS Jinsei Game DS - 9,570
28. PSP BLEACH Heat the Soul 3 - 9,441 (44,917)
29. X360 Barret Witch - 9,083
30. PSP Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
I think Mario Kart DS can break 2m mark when all is said and done. It is going strong still and sells 10k - 20k weekly.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Probably you're right.

How many millions seller has the Nintendo DS in Japan now ?

Using the VG charts, I think it's something like, in order from lowest to highest:

Wario Ware Touched
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop
Brain Flex/Big Brain Academy
Nintendogs
English Training
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Brain Training
Brain Training 2
Animal Crossing: Wild World

So, 10 titles over 1 million so far, with the following perhaps going to make it eventually:

Tetris DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Pokemon Ranger

...and the following due later this year and with a good chance of breaking the million mark:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Final Fantasy III

So, if FFIII performs as expected and Pokemon Ranger continues to exhibit the legs it has so far, the DS could be on the way to having 15 million sellers by the end of 2006, with a nice cluster of other titles - Children of Mana, Dragonball Z, Mario & Luigi 2, Slime Mori Mori, Pokemon Trozei & Mysterious Dungeon - all doing 300,000+

Cosmonaut X said:
Using the VG charts, I think it's something like, in order from lowest to highest:

Wario Ware Touched
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop
Brain Flex/Big Brain Academy
Nintendogs
English Training
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Brain Training
Brain Training 2
Animal Crossing: Wild World

So, 10 titles over 1 million so far, with the following perhaps going to make it eventually:

Tetris DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Pokemon Ranger

...and the following due later this year and with a good chance of breaking the million mark:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Final Fantasy III

So, if FFIII performs as expected and Pokemon Ranger continues to exhibit the legs it has so far, the DS could be on the way to having 15 million sellers by the end of 2006, with a nice cluster of other titles - Children of Mana, Dragonball Z, Mario & Luigi 2, Slime Mori Mori, Pokemon Trozei & Mysterious Dungeon - all doing 300,000+

Is it a Record in Japan for a Videogame system ? And the Wii is still not out......

Tadaima

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Probably you're right.

Animal Crossing: WW (3m+)
Brain Training 2 (2m+)
Brain Training (2m+)
New SMB (2m+)
Mario Kart DS
English Training
nintendogs
Gentle Brain Exercises
Tamagotchi DS
WarioWare: Touched!

Close:
Super Mario 64 DS (985,500)
Tetris DS (815,500)
Pokemon MD Blue (773,750)

Possibly (2006 releases):
Tamagotchi DS 2
Final Fantasy III
Mario Basket 3on3
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Brain Training 3
SEGA's Brain Games

Edit: Shiat :( Multitasking at work ftl.

jesusraz

Eddz said:
Likely (2006):
Mario Basket 3on3
SEGA's Brain Games

No...have to disagree there. Mario Basket may get up to 400,000 in its lifetime, but not a million, though! As for Sega's brain game, I can see it being a flop compared to Nintendo's efforts.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Is it a Record in Japan for a Videogame system ? And the Wii is still not out......

Not quite a record yet. I believe the number of million sellers is something like:

PlayStation - 24
PS2 - 14
SNES - 14
Game Boy - 12
N64 - 11
Game Boy Advance - 3
GameCube - 1
Saturn - 1

I can't find any info on other systems - NES and Megadrive/Genesis in particular - but that should give you an idea of the levels we're talking about.

I think it's safe to say that the DS will soon have more million sellers than the PS2 and SNES - a great achievement in itself - and it's quite possible that come the end of its life it will have more million sellers than even the original PlayStation.

Tadaima

jesusraz said:
No...have to disagree there. Mario Basket may get up to 400,000 in its lifetime, but not a million, though! As for Sega's brain game, I can see it being a flop compared to Nintendo's efforts.

You never know! It's had a nice start, and will probably hang about for a while. It's come at a good time and will continue to shift units over the year with a nice boost at Christmas.

As for SEGA's Brain Training game(s), if they can bounce off the success of the other Brain Training games on DS, they might be pretty successful.

jesusraz

Eddz said:
You never know! It's had a nice start, and will probably hang about for a while. It's come at a good time and will continue to shift units over the year with a nice boost at Christmas.

As for SEGA's Brain Training game(s), if they can bounce off the success of the other Brain Training games on DS, they might be pretty successful.

:lol At least you're being optimistic! :) With so many other games coming out, including those from SEx itself, MB will likely be bounced out...As for Sega. Hmm...if they could have piggy-backed off the success of the GBA Mushiking, the DS one would have sold a million easily! Do you see why I have little faith?

Tadaima

jesusraz said:
As for Sega. Hmm...if they could have piggy-backed off the success of the GBA Mushiking, the DS one would have sold a million easily! Do you see why I have little faith?

I see your approach, but training games genuinely sell very well on the DS. The Mushiking games may have been successful on the GBA, but you could argue that a lot of the GBA owners are/were younger people.

The Training games have already done quite well on the PSP (considering how poorly, in comparison, games sell on that system) so will likely do a lot better on the DS.

Hmm... depending on what we see announced for next year, the DS could turn out to have the most million sellers of all time... And in it's third year, no less.

Kinda scary, really.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Surely 3.5m is inevitable for ACWW. It's hit 3m and still selling 30k just outside the top 10. And NSMB must also be sure to hit at least 3.5m. Only FFIII and Pokemon could drain sales from these games and slow them down. 3rd parties really are missing out because they've failed to adapt adequately so far.

MrPonx said:
I think the PSP is doing really good. it's just the DS is phenomenal

software sales for PSP are terrible.

Amir0x said:
*sigh* you mother ****ers... :<

:lol

Pureauthor said:
Hmm... depending on what we see announced for next year, the DS could turn out to have the most million sellers of all time... And in it's third year, no less.

Kinda scary, really.

Yeah.. Im guessing Nintendo's not gonna wanna see this gravy train dry up anytime soon. Means theyll try to squeeze the DS for as long as possible. I wonder how long it'll take them to release another followup handheld? Will they do it on their own volition or as a response to an updated Sony handheld?

jarrod said:
I'd say DQ Monsters Joker has a decent shot at a million as well actually. DQM1-2 did it.

hey Jarrod, a bit off topic but do you know how well that interactive cookbook is selling? I really hope a version of that hits the US.

AniHawk

Scalemail Ted said:
hey Jarrod, a bit off topic but do you know how well that interactive cookbook is selling? I really hope a version of that hits the US.
187,856 copies in ten days. That's not bad.

jesusraz

Scalemail Ted said:
Wow, Im impressed they even had the foresight to print that many copies. Thats outstanding for what it is.

I believe the initial run is 250,000 units and that was to last for between 6-12 months! Seems Nintendo will have to up that amount pretty sharpish to avoid a complete sellout...

AniHawk

jesusraz said:
I believe the initial run is 250,000 units and that was to last for between 6-12 months! Seems Nintendo will have to up that amount pretty sharpish to avoid a complete sellout...
I find it pretty hard to believe that Nintendo would ever let anything popular and DS-related go out of stock.

jesusraz

AniHawk said:
I find it pretty hard to believe that Nintendo would ever let anything popular and DS-related go out of stock.

Apart from the DS itself ;) [EDIT: Beaten, hehe!]

But yeah, definitely, just like with the Mario Bros. stock that was upped from the original 800,000 to supply for the massive demand.

verplant

Mithos Yggdrasill said:

according to famitsu:

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo NDS 2.988.265 (16.07.2006)
2. Brain Age 2 Nintendo NDS 2.738.412 (16.07.2006)
3. Brain Age: Train Your Brain Nintendo NDS 2.506.497 (16.07.2006)
4. New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo NDS 2.202.654 (16.07.2006)
5. Mario Kart DS Nintendo NDS 1.436.794 (16.07.2006)
6. Nintendogs (alle 3 Versionen) Nintendo NDS 1.289.071 (02.07.2006)
7. Big Brain Academy Nintendo NDS 1.265.658 (25.06.2006)
8. English Training DS Nintendo NDS 1.128.822 (16.07.2006)
9. Tamagotchi Bandai NDS 1.100.051 (25.06.2006)

very close:

10. Sawaru! Made in Wario Nintendo NDS 973.289 (25.06.2006)
11. Super Mario 64 DS Nintendo NDS 924.256 (25.06.2006)

more: klick

AniHawk

Pureauthor said:
It's pretty much confirmed they'll add at least 3 more by year's end (FFIII, Poke D/P, LoZ:pH).

I doubt Zelda has much a chance, actually. It should sell well, yeah, but the series has been slowly fading away in Japan. TP should be the boost the series has needed since MM though.

AniHawk said:
I doubt Zelda has much a chance, actually. It should sell well, yeah, but the series has been slowly fading away in Japan. TP should be the boost the series has needed since MM though.

Yeah, but the userbase is far larger then the Gamecube (overall when The Wind Waker went out): so it could reach 1 million.

Sure ? No !
Possible ? Yes.

AniHawk

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Yeah, but the userbase is far larger then the Gamecube (overall when The Wind Waker went out): so it could reach 1 million.

Sure ? No !
Possible ? Yes.

The Minish Cap sold less than 300k on the GBA, and that was geared far more towards traditional Nintendo games.

Of course, TMC is the worst selling traditional Zelda out there. It didn't do so well anywhere.

ethelred

ioi said:
Latest info up on VGCharts, although I'm not allowed to discuss it apparently ;-)

I think the criticism was that it's fine to discuss the information -- you know, share opinions or noteworthy trends relevant to this week's sales, what have you, participate in the discussion -- but that just posting a long string of links to your own website was just needless and annoying spamming that wasn't contributing and wasn't discussing.

jesusraz

Just in case people are interested:

31.) PS2 Super Dragon Ball Z Bandai Namco
32.) PS2 Wolf Legendary [batoruakaibuzu] SNK Playmore
33.) DS English Training TDK
34.) DS Puzzle Series Vol.3 SUDOKU Hudson
35.) PS2 Valkyrie Profile 2 Square Enix
36.) PSP Brave Story SCE
37.) PSP Quiz Gundam DX Bandai Namco
38.) DS Clubhouse Games Nintendo
39.) DS Phoenix Wright (Budget) Capcom
40.) PSP Portable Island Bandai Namco
41.) PS2 Town ing manufacturer 2 ~ continuation my town layout D3 Publisher
42.) DS Kanji Dictionary Nintendo
43.) PSP Bomberman Portable Hudson
44.) PS2 Certain Victory Pachinko D3 Publisher
45.) DS Tamagotchi Bandai
46.) DS Children of Mana Square Enix
47.) PSP King's Field Additional I From Software
48.) PS2 Star Ocean 3 Till the End of Time (Budget) Square Enix
49.) PSP World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (PSP the Best) Konami
50.) DS Metroid Prime Hunters Nintendo

Children of Mana refusing to die off just yet :)

reminder

Frankfurter said:
Just btw. if PSP sells 35k+ next week, its YTD 2006 sales will overtake its YTD 2005 sales till that point.

I don't think this is a problem. Todays PSP releases in Japan:

Carnage Heart Portable
Every Extend Extra
FIFA Street 2
Goku Makaimura
SD Gundam G Generation Portable

:D

Top Bottom