• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold-in more than 57 million units globally to date and Grand Theft Auto V has now sold-in around 190 million units

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
60 FPS Patch for next gen, please for the love of all that is right in gaming.

Take2/R* just responded,
go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
With their money and huge resources you'd think they'd spend a small percentage on updating their fucking gazillion selling games to proper next gen ports with the very least a 60fps patch you know as a thank you to their legion of fans who keep buying their shit over and over, I can't for the life of me imagine how utterly stingy these cunts are that they can't set aside a few quid to release a few patches

Last edited:

Hestar69

RDR2 patch or "next gen" version. I'll pay 20 to upgrade like I did for GTA rockstar.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Insane numbers. Especially for RDR2..!

Would like to see percentages compared of who completed RDR2 and GTAV.

Larxia

Okay the numbers of RDR2 are "low" compared to GTA V, but that's still incredibly high compared to the standards in gaming, that's not a number where you're supposed to be like "well, this game failed, let's abandon the online, never update the game anymore, never patch it for new consoles, no one cares about it". I really don't get why they act like it sold less than a million.

Kerotan

Every time I see the RDR2 numbers all I can think about is "Still not enough to support the MP."
It's sad.

They are choosing to hold off on a remaster which could potentially fix the online server's and allow for regular updates similar to GTA V.

Instead they probably think it's a safer bet to let the online die a slow death and in a few year's when sales finally slow a little release a remaster to boost them again.

Miles708

Every time I see the RDR2 numbers all I can think about is "Still not enough to support the MP."

There is the possibility that their data shows a big overlap in audiences between GTA and RDR2, and they don't want to risk cannibalising themselves and spoil their golden goose.

Last edited:

pxlwrld

Neo Member
Crazy to think that 60 million sold units is a 'flop' considered next to your other product. But GTAV also sold across many more systems throughout its lifecycle. Crazy good game though (RDR2), deserves every one of those.

Top Bottom