• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5, Xbox Series X Version Could Be in the Works

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Rockstar takes eons to do anything. Hell, the game has not had a single patch fixing issues in over a year. Even at 50 million sold.

Bunch of hacks.
I know words don’t have any meaning these days, but to call Rockstar - who “take eons” curating the most fine detail you ever see in games of this size and quality a “bunch of hacks” is just old man screaming at cloud.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I know words don’t have any meaning these days, but to call Rockstar - who “take eons” curating the most fine detail you ever see in games of this size and quality a “bunch of hacks” is just old man screaming at cloud.
No, it’s called a pissed off customer and once loyal supporter. Their fan support is as hack as it gets. To put icing on top of that shitcake, they never communicate… you just don’t get shit.

“Too big to fail” rings true, for now.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
They will probably give it the GTA5 TREATMENT, make it 60fps with a few more bells and whistles and recharge people. Which is an absolute piss take. But I thought the same with recharging for a current gen version of GTA5, but they still did it.

R* and take 2, simply offer terrible value, they are ripping people off they need to be called out on there greed, those greedy fucks. Fuck them.

Last edited:
No, it’s called a pissed off customer and once loyal supporter. Their fan support is as hack as it gets. To put icing on top of that shitcake, they never communicate… you just don’t get shit.

“Too big to fail” rings true, for now.
Put your money where your mouth is or quit whining.... Rdr 2 is a 50-80 hour masterpiece, and like everyone else, you'll be ecstatic for gta 6

Or maybe they should do the ubisoft and release ac/fc/wd clones every other year

Sosokrates

Put your money where your mouth is or quit whining.... Rdr 2 is a 50-80 hour masterpiece, and like everyone else, you'll be ecstatic for gta 6

Or maybe they should do the ubisoft and release ac/fc/wd clones every other year

Its like charging PC players for a RT patch. Its terrible precedent.

Seriously, I'm annoyed with some of their practices like everyone else, but they literally drop all time greats every time lol, hopefully they start to release games too early to satisfy idiots like this and end up with releases like cyberpunk (fantastic game overshadowed by its poor release)

Woggleman

They will probably give it the GTA5 TREATMENT, make it 60fps with a few more bells and whistles and recharge people. Which is an absolute piss take. But I thought the same with recharging for a current gen version of GTA5, but they still did it.

R* and take 2, simply offer terrible value, they are ripping people off they need to be called out on there greed, those greedy fucks. Fuck them.
To be fair they gave a you a window to buy it for ten bucks if you already had the game and I hope they do the same with RDR2. I enjoyed RDR2 much more than GTA5 so for ten bucks I am in.

Sosokrates

To be fair they gave a you a window to buy it for ten bucks if you already had the game and I hope they do the same with RDR2. I enjoyed RDR2 much more than GTA5 so for ten bucks I am in.
$10 on PS5, which sony paid em for the privilege.

Its just the principal. Its like putting high PC settings and graphics patches behind a paywall.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Where did I say RDR2 isn’t a masterpiece? You don’t need to politic shit to me, check my post history on this game, I adore it and it’s one of my all time games.

But R* and Take2 are giving a big fuck you to the fans. They haven’t patched RDO in over a year. No content, nothing. No communication, nothing.

They are flicking us off. So yes, I won’t be buying their GTA6 when it comes out in 2-3 years. It will be even more double downed and we’d be lucky if it has a robust single player component at all.

And yea, it will be a mere drop in an ocean compared to the digital crack heads that keep buying it over and over and over. Doesn’t make their communication or lack there of, any less cunty.

Last edited:
Where did I say RDR2 isn’t a masterpiece? You don’t need to politic shit to me, check my post history on this game, I adore it and it’s one of my all time games.

But R* and Take2 are giving a big fuck you to the fans. They haven’t patched RDO in over a year. No content, nothing. No communication, nothing.

They are flicking us off. So yes, I won’t be buying their GTA6 when it comes out in 2-3 years. It will be even more double downed and we’d be lucky if it has a robust single player component at all.

And yea, it will be a mere drop in an ocean compared to the digital crack heads that keep buying it over and over and over. Doesn’t make their communication or lack there of, any less cunty.
I like how you manage to complain about lack of rdr online content while saying that you adore the single player experience while saying that we'll "be lucky" to get a deep single player experience... All of this is absurd to state exist together

Losing houser and Lazlo were big losses, but they already had a few years to write content before they left, and I don't know why it's never stated when this comes up, but losing benzies is great news, nobody else in Rockstar was pushing online focus more than him, if you think gta 5 online is bad wait until you see what he's working on now

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I like how you manage to complain about lack of rdr online content while saying that you adore the single player experience while saying that we'll "be lucky" to get a deep single player experience... All of this is absurd to state exist together

Losing houser and Lazlo were big losses, but they already had a few years to write content before they left, and I don't know why it's never stated when this comes up, but losing benzies is great news, nobody else in Rockstar was pushing online focus more than him, if you think gta 5 online is bad wait until you see what he's working on now
Go Ahead Reaction GIF

Rockstar is notoriously bad at post launch support. Whoever they put in charge of patching their games are terrible at their jobs. RDR2 is in a worse state now on PC than it was a month after launch when the initial stability issues were fixed. It has more glitches and issues today than it did then, and they haven't released a single patch in over a year. It's unacceptable and should be called out.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Rockstar is notoriously bad at post launch support. Whoever they put in charge of patching their games are terrible at their jobs. RDR2 is in a worse state now on PC than it was a month after launch when the initial stability issues were fixed. It has more glitches and issues today than it did then, and they haven't released a single patch in over a year. It's unacceptable and should be called out.
Agreed. They crafted an amazing world, but their post game support and communication is some of the worst (in combination of the two) in the industry. If not the very worst when it comes to communication.

Kerotan

So basically uncle from red dead.

Agreed. They crafted an amazing world, but their post game support and communication is some of the worst (in combination of the two) in the industry. If not the very worst when it comes to communication.
Isn't it a common complaint that they focus too much on gta 5 online aka post game support (and upgraded iterations)?

People can complain about Rockstar all they want, but I'd love to hear what other AAA developers consistently release decade defining games anywhere remotely near the scope of Rockstar games

Lady Jane

Banned
GTA V was boring but there's nothing else that comes close to it so I played it anyway. I'll play GTA VI for the same reasons.

It makes no business sense to not put a small group of people on a small project to release native versions of RDR2 for current-gen. For a company the size of Rockstar, it's honestly ridiculous if they don't have plans to do current-gen upgrades. The game would benefit by getting a resurgence in attention and sales. They could also farm it out to another developer and have a few Rockstar people supervise it. Happens all the time.

Huge missed opportunity if Rockstar doesn't do this.

RyRy93

It makes no business sense to not put a small group of people on a small project to release native versions of RDR2 for current-gen. For a company the size of Rockstar, it's honestly ridiculous if they don't have plans to do current-gen upgrades. The game would benefit by getting a resurgence in attention and sales. They could also farm it out to another developer and have a few Rockstar people supervise it. Happens all the time.

Huge missed opportunity if Rockstar doesn't do this.
Or they could put that small group to work on GTA Online updates and make even more money, they don't seem to give a shit about supporting RDR2 any further and would rather focus on GTA as it's a more profitable IP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom