• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Meta Revamping Horizon Worlds for Younger Audiences,

https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/meta-revamping-horizon-worlds-for-younger-audiences-report-says/
The app could reportedly open to younger users as soon as March.

Meta, Facebook's parent company, is reportedly overhauling its virtual reality metaverse app Horizon Worlds in an attempt to attract teens and young adults. Meta hopes to soon open the app to audiences between the ages of 13 and 17, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, citing an internal memo.

First launched in December 2021, Horizon Worlds is an online world built for Meta's Quest VR headsets. In the app, users can play and explore with friends, solve puzzles and compete in games. Horizon Worlds is currently accessible to adults 18 years and older, but there are concerns that the app isn't pulling in enough users.

This opening up to younger audiences would reportedly happen as soon as March.

With Horizons in its current condition, unless they got a whole update and new team to make sure things are censored and there's nothing age inappropriate accessible to the younger users, I can only see this idea becoming a disaster for Zukerberg.

But this is an indirect confirmation that Horizons isn't going too well, and they need to increase accessibility to increase their numbers.

They want ages 17 to as low as 13 to join in.

This is sure way to make regulators chase your arse.

Regulators just gave up and gave Zucker the greenlight for his latest acquisition, again. They may back him if things go to crap with this idea with how much favor they are giving him. Not to mention that recent lawsuit iirc that was dismissed.

Last edited:
I hope this whole entire Horizon thing fails. not only because I hate Facebook and would love to see them burn billions of $ but I think it's disgusting they are targeting kids. Social media is ruining the younger generation. It's bad enough as it is right now and they want to strap a headset on them now to get them even more addicted and messed up?

From what I've read I don't think that age audience is even on Facebook anymore? Didn't they all move to TikTok? Good luck getting them back lol.

i would usually be happy to see Zuck recklessly ruining Facebook but I don't like that they are using kids. The entire company needs shut down. The world would be a far better and happier place without Facebook.

I hope this whole entire Horizon thing fails. not only because I hate Facebook and would love to see them burn billions of $ but I think it's disgusting they are targeting kids. Social media is ruining the younger generation. It's bad enough as it is right now and they want to strap a headset on them now to get them even more addicted and messed up?

From what I've read I don't think that age audience is even on Facebook anymore? Didn't they all move to TikTok? Good luck getting them back lol.

i would usually be happy to see Zuck recklessly ruining Facebook but I don't like that they are using kids. The entire company needs shut down. The world would be a far better and happier place without Facebook.

Social media is only ruining the younger generations ebcause of bad parenting, misfired policies and nothing being down with about the current culture surrounding kids not just online but off.

Kids were dealing with a more edgy internet in the past and didn't have half the problems or protections.

But, as I said they are only aiming for kids to up their number, notice they won't go below age 13. They basically want to be the minecraft of VR, and they won't give up on Horizon Worlds for that reason.

Of course, HW's is a bad product and they after all this time have not done anything to make it more viable yet, so it's most likely Zuck is being stubborn about replacing ir and/or shutting it down.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
None of this matters if Horizon Worlds continue being a bad quality product.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This could just turn it into Rec Room (which is a great product that is largely uninteresting because it's a bunch of children running around).

Top Bottom