• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Octopath Traveler 2 Headed to Xbox & Game Pass in June

Draugoth

Gold Member

eXputer has learned through sources who wish to remain anonymous that Square Enix's Octopath Traveler 2 is arriving on Xbox Series X|S this month, though the exact date couldn't be confirmed.

It's going to be a day-one Xbox Game Pass game, along with the franchise's first game (Octopath Traveler), which could also be added to the subscription service as well.

For those who missed it: One of the major announcements of last year's Tokyo Game Show was Octopath Traveler 2's Xbox and PC release. At the time, the devs signaled an "early 2024" release window.
Source

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Proud Of You Yes GIF

This would fit with SE ending their stupid exclusivity whoring.

Not until they port OT 1 to PS.

But I guess when it's PlayStation that misses out on a 3P exclusive people pretend the exclusivity doesn't exist huh?

Anyway, congrats to any of the Switch & PlayStation paypigs that funded OctoPath 2 as a Day 1 in Game Pass, I guess.

Don't buy Persona 6 on PS5. Let's see if Xbox players can pick up the B2P sales revenue slack 😉

Kilau

But I guess when it's PlayStation that misses out on a 3P exclusive people pretend the exclusivity doesn't exist huh?

Anyway, congrats to any of the Switch & PlayStation paypigs that funded OctoPath 2 as a Day 1 in Game Pass, I guess.

Don't buy Persona 6 on PS5. Let's see if Xbox players can pick up the B2P sales revenue slack 😉
lol, I forgot that Octo 1 never made it to PS. I bought it on PC when it left Switch exclusivity.

Edmund

I'm waiting for triangle strategy on the ps5.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The PS5 version had some pretty major performance issues (which I guess might be moot when the PS5 Pro comes out, but still), so I'm curious if the XSX version will be better in that regard. Would gladly rebuy it if it's an improvement - this was easily my favorite game from last year and probably one of my all-time favorite JRPGs.

Reactions: Isa

DaGwaphics

Nice to see the sequel come over. I know players that like the first one were miffed that the second didn't get a port.

feynoob

Gold Member

Sega gets the money upfront. They don't care if it sells on Xbox or not, once MS does the gamepass deal.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

1. Not sure what Persona, an Atlus game, has to do with this, a Square Enix game.

2. Xbox was the 4th platform to get an Octopath 1 port, so, you're blowing smoke at the wrong platform here. Tweet at SE and ask why STADIA got a port of the game and not PS4/5 (y)

RickMasters

I still have the first one in my backlog. I like it but I’m just playing other games on GPU at the moment that o want to finish up before they leave. Chances are though…. This one will join the first game in my back log.

I reckon I’ve got quite the impressive JRPG selection for an Xbox guy.not as good as PS or ninthendo but still…. I have a respectable selection in my backlog. 😅😅

I kind of like them. They are relaxing to play. Currently playing no no kuni 2 on GPU as it goes.

RickMasters

This would fit with SE ending their stupid exclusivity whoring.
Now if only I can have those FF pixel remasters and possibly FF7 remaster trilogy on my Xbox ( I know… probably never gonna happen) …. I would be pretty happy with square.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Yeah, a port of a year old JRPG coming to Xbox? Not exactly a mega-bomb announcement. Cool for me, tho. I'd love to have II on something where it'll be 4K/60fps.

Agreed. I’ll pick it up on XBOX. I played the first one in Switch, but I had been holding out for GamePass.

Pretty damn good release for those who love JRPGs. Hopefully the story is a bit deeper than the first one.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Now if only I can have those FF pixel remasters and possibly FF7 remaster trilogy on my Xbox ( I know… probably never gonna happen) …. I would be pretty happy with square.

I won't be surprised if the pixel remasters come to Xbox within this year. There's very little work required for them and they already have working PC versions, so porting them to GDK would be that much quicker, if need be.

Cool, give me this on plus and I’ll resub. Running out for the first time since ps plus started on June 8th. It’ll be a sad day, but mfers ain’t giving me any reason to resub the last several months after the price increase.

RickMasters

I won't be surprised if the pixel remasters come to Xbox within this year. There's very little work required for them and they already have working PC versions, so porting them to GDK would be that much quicker, if need be.
Would be nice. I’d like to have a complete FF collection on my Xbox. Got all the other ones in my backlog.

People like to talk shot about wining a digital games collection but I do like seeing all my FF games lined up. I may not buy games physically anymore but I still buy digitally even with a gamepass sub

RickMasters

Cool, give me this on plus and I’ll resub. Running out for the first time since ps plus started on June 8th. It’ll be a sad day, but mfers ain’t giving me any reason to resub the last several months after the price increase.
I can’t lie if I had a PS and PS plus I’d be messing with some old school ridge racer….. you got OG ( PS1) ridge racer and rage racer on there? Maybe some tekken 1 and 2 for old time sake.

I can’t lie if I had a PS and PS plus I’d be messing with some old school ridge racer….. you got OG ( PS1) ridge racer and rage racer on there? Maybe some tekken 1 and 2 for old time sake.
I’m not paying what they want for it through a sub. I can legitimately buy an old PS and the games you mentioned for less than the sub price for a year and have them forever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom