• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Lords of The Fallen coming to Xbox Game Pass

Draugoth

Gold Member
Lords-of-the-Fallen-is-a-Quality-Soulslike-by-Hexworks.jpg

• According to sources close to eXputer, the game is headed to Xbox Game Pass soon.
  • The expected release period for the game on the subscription service is late May.
Over the course of the past few days, eXputer has learned that Lords of the Fallen — the critically acclaimed Soulslike action RPG from Barcelona- and Bucharest-based Hexworks — is about to arrive on Xbox’s premier subscription service Game Pass.
Source

Mr Moose

havoc00 havoc00 get in here boiiiiiiiii !!!​

exputer has a decent track record recently, they broke the Hellblade 2 release date and a couple of other games coming to game pass last few months.

It just looks wrong to me "According to sources close to eXputer" - Shouldn't it be "According to sources close to <devs/publisher>"?

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't know Jedi Survivor was on gp lol.

Glad to be getting LOTF too. Game seems a bit jank but also very pretty visual-design wise. Will try for sure.

Kataploom

Gold Member
The publisher of the game has confirmed game pass deals for Lords of the Fallen and Sniper Contracts 2.

The dates will probably be announced in the next batch.

So yeah, definitely if a game comes out broken, I'll have better luck waiting for it on Game Pass than waiting for it to get fixed lol.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Didn't know Jedi Survivor was on gp lol.

Glad to be getting LOTF too. Game seems a bit jank but also very pretty visual-design wise. Will try for sure.
I don't think it's a bad UI at all, the only issues I had is that I couldn't download games on Win 10, there was no way to fix it but I installed Win 11 and had no issues ever since. It's just a pretty simple interface btw, nothing comparable to Steam or so, you just download and play games from there (which I'm ok with). You can talk to Xbox friends and have Xbox achievements too but I don't care about those features personaly.

ah, i thought there was some remake or remaster. But then I thought maybe i was confusing it with another game.
It's a whole reboot, nothing to do with prev game.

Even though early May sucked, late May sounds out of control great.

Hellblade 2
Lords of the Fallen
33 Immortals
Humanity

Crazy lineup. And we still get the cat game tomorrow.
I think Jedi Survivor coming late April is a great early May game, currently playing it right now.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So yeah, definitely if a game comes out broken, I'll have better luck waiting for it on Game Pass than waiting for it to get fixed lol.

The game has pretty much been fixed with a very solid performance mode since they put out the big overhaul 1.5 patch a few weeks ago, so yeah definitely the best time to play it now lol.

For my benefit, the 1.5 update also adds customizable difficulty options so it's extra incentive that I'll check this out when it hits GP.

DF's coverage of the 1.5 patched version timestamped.

Kataploom

Gold Member
The game has pretty much been fixed with a very solid performance mode since they put out the big overhaul 1.5 patch a few weeks ago, so yeah definitely the best time to play it now lol.

For my benefit, the 1.5 update also adds customizable difficulty options so it's extra incentive that I'll check this out when it hits GP.

DF's coverage of the 1.5 patched version timestamped.

Do those optimizations benefit PC too? I play on PC and that was a game I had an eye on.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this a difficult game like a souls game or easier?

Yeah, it's a souls-like in nature, I never played it at launch so no idea how the default difficulty curve was but they've added modifiers to 1.5 so folks can tailor it to their own preference.

The latest new feature – the Advanced Game Modifier System - places power directly into your hands, allowing you to fully customise your game experience, using any combination of seven modifiers, to make the game easier, more difficult, or simply a completely new experience every time. Modifiers include the ability to randomise enemies, alter mob density and even enable a form of permadeath. Please find additional details in the new video below, with an introduction from our Head of Studio, Saul Gascon:

Yeah, it's a souls-like in nature, I never played it at launch so no idea how the default difficulty curve was but they've added modifiers to 1.5 so folks can tailor it to their own preference.
That's great because I've gone from the hard difficulty in games to normal.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Well jedi survivor is still horrible technically
But I don't have to pay extra lol.
Game looks incredible, like almost best looking current gen game so far for me on HDR (haven't played AW2 yet), so I'm enjoying it greatly, but it's so badly optimized I take it as a joke like "Why the F is the GPU usage staying on 80% lmao". If I'm gonna play an unoptimized mess I'd rather do it on Game Pass, it's a shame TLOU wouldn't go to it since it's Sony's so I had to buy it on a sale.

Top Bottom