• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Research shows Megaman X, Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, and Double Dash dangerous...

Alcibiades

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk...e=epilepsy-alert-over-nintendo-name_page.html

Click for full article...

...Professor Graham Harding, former director of the Neurosciences Research Institute at Aston University and a world expert on photosensitive epilepsy, has discovered four Nintendo computer games which contain flashing repetitive light sequences which could induce seizures.

Prof Harding found that Mega Man X, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and Mario Kart: Double Dash contain light patterns which could cause a seizure in about one in 4,000 people...

People aged between seven and 20 are five times more at risk than the rest of the population...

o_O

Nintendo = dangerous

dangerous = not for kids

not for kids = mature

Nintendo = mature

And people say the media isn't biased... how many PS2 games probably be worse like Rez or something ;)

If GAF has a readership of about 10,000, that means 2-3 of us could have gotten seizures :O

Alcibiades

... and on the covers... like who reads manuals anyway... or looks at those warnings anyway...

actually, I've seen them, but I pay no mind...

not sure how dangerous seizures are, but I'm not sensitive to that stuff or anything so I don't have to worry...

BuddyC

In a related story, researchers today revealed that living means one must someday die. Most are likely to experience a type of pain during their existence in the mortal realm. Down with God! WHERE ARE THE WARNINGS?!

Mairu

stupid%20people-thumb.jpg

:(

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone of those games are in the BBC Outrageous Fortunes show about Nintendo.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Didnt that one court case about that family suing Nintendo for seizures wanted some epilepsy warning during actual gameplay? Or on bootup or some crap? Friggin lame

Alcibiades

Wario64 said:
Didnt that one court case about that family suing Nintendo for seizures wanted some epilepsy warning during actual gameplay? Or on bootup or some crap? Friggin lame

yeah, about a year or so ago, I remember the news stories...

When I was a little kid, I was playing Mega Man 2 at a friend's place when I defeated one of the major bosses, the ones that caused the screen to flash rapidly, and my friend's kid brother had a seizure. Scariest thing I had ever seen up to that point. And then their folks banned games from their home. :(

Top Bottom