• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8 and No Man's Sky are coming to PSVR2

ABnormal

Those where the best news to me. Can't wait to plunge again in NMS in maximum VR glory. I have waited for that. It was one of the best VR experiences I had.

yurinka

And RE4 Remake will have PSVR content too:
image.png

SilentUser

Man, I can't get over how great both looked. Resi 8 was a massive surprise in terms of graphics, I thought they were going to tone it down quite a bit, but no... I'm impressed.

Quantum253

The VR gameplay looked good. But something was off with the NMS gameplay. For example, on planet fighting the Sentinels, the ground explosions seemed weird/disconnected from the environment. So did the explosions in space.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I wonder if RE Village VR is PSVR2 exclusive, or if there's a chance it will come to PC? I know there's Praydog's excellent RE VR conversions, but stuff like manual user reload, chambering, and holstering/reaching for weapons like RE4 VR is huge for immersion. Since there hasn't been a RE7 PC port, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Fredrik

NMS in VR must be kino af.
I’ve been playing it on Quest 2, some things are still janky but it really makes you feel like you’re there, like really there, on an alien planet and inside the cockpit etc, the VR experience is really well-made. Can be exhausting for long play sessions though so I still play it mainly non-VR.

shubik

So what would be the pricing model for these "updates"? Everybody who owns the game gets it for free or do you have to pay an upgrade fee or is this treated like a full-price new release?

I really hope it's the first two. I have no problem paying a little upgrade price like 10 bucks or so but that's about it.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So what would be the pricing model for these "updates". Everybody who owns the game gets it for free or do you have to pay an upgrade fee or is this treated like a full-price new release?

I really hope it's the first two. I have no problem paying a little upgrade price like 10 bucks or so but that's about it.
Usually with NMS every update is free, so there is that :).

Last edited:

hlm666

Flying in NMS with the vr controllers wasn't great, i was juggling the 2 vr controls and a gamepad for flying when playing that in vr.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I’m mad I played RE8 already… I should have waited, I knew I should have.
It's been sitting in my game library for ages,I'm busting to play it but have been holding off for this exact thing, I want my first playthrough to be in VR as resi7 VR was insanely good and a whole other level over the big standard game

mxbison

RE Village in VR will be awesome.

They should atleast have a cheap upgrade for people who already bought the game.

manzo

YES! YES!

I fucking KNEW it. I held off fully of RE8 because I fucking knew they're gonna add VR support later on.

RE7 with PSVR was my game of the generation, so this will be my day1 PSVR2 purchase if it's available then of course.

Stuart360

The good thing with No Mans Sky VR (assuming its the same as the PC version) is that its No Mans Sky in VR, if you get me. Its the full game but played in VR. Its not some gimmicky shit, or cut back version for VR.
Its the kind of thing i always wanted from VR years ago when i was lucky to spend some time with an Oculus dev kit, full games but playable in VR. Unfortunately they are a rare thing so far with VR and my vision for VR didnt happen really, and now i couldnt give a shit to be honest.

Camaway2

Very hyped! Although I will NOT play Res Evil in VR. Played part of VII on PSVR and it scared the bejesus our of me. I don't even want to think what it will be like with that graphical fidelity...

tommib

RE 8? There is a lot of running in that game. Motion sickness is going to be a big issue.
For a while but you get used to it. I played RE7 in VR (which has a lot of mouse and cat chases) and started with the incremental degree movement and eventually switched to normal movement about an hour for each session. I would say in 3 or 4 sessions you’re over the motion sickness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom