• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Studios were working on a (cancelled) Legend of Zelda game

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Don't get over-excited. This is pre-production concept art. You can't cancel a game that was never greenlit.

Reading the article, it sounds like Nintendo took the bits of this concept they wanted for TP and SS and dumped the rest. Not that either of those is unbeatable or anything, but I'm not 100% convinced this grimdark "becoming the master sword" story would have been any better.

This project was dead by 2008 though, so it does nothing to answer the question of what the main body of Retro has been doing for the past five years. What the hell are they up to?
I think now it's safe to assume they're focusing on MP4. But I've been asking myself that for years. And the best answer that was given to me, was that beside not having a greenlit project to focus on, they were probably helping out with other projects inside Nintendo.

Nice artwork, but knowing Nintendo this is probably too weird and different for their visions of Zelda.

wseRjtM.jpg

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
All the pages with art work have now been deleted ...

Top Bottom