• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rewatched the final season of Spartacus. (unmarked spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsepyre

Banned
What a season and what an ending! The finale hits you like a truck at full speed. Even though I had an idea as to what would happen, it still packs quite an emotional punch and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Seeing Spartacus lie there, dead, with Agron kissing his forehead was absolutely crushing. Overall, a very enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to a great series. I really miss the show, and am still to watch something that comes close to Spartacus's level of unbashed, unadulterated gory entertainment.

P.s: the end credits, with Andy Whitfield yelling 'I AM SPARTACUS' brought out unimaginable feels.

Yeah, War of the Damned was incredible throughout and the finale was perfect.

I didn't much like what happened to Gannicus though and felt that Caeaer wasn't used as much as he could have been.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Yeah, War of the Damned was incredible throughout and the finale was perfect.

I didn't much like what happened to Gannicus though and felt that Caeaer wasn't used as much as he could have been.

Really? I thought Gannicus met the perfect end. Crucified and imagining himself in the arena, where he always belonged.

Really? I thought Gannicus met the perfect end. Crucified and imagining himself in the arena, where he always belonged.

I guess I just wanted to see him either survive or go out in a blaze of glory.

His end felt very unsatisfying. I did like him imagining he was back in the arena, I just didn't like the crucification.

InCREDible ending and I would love to see Marcus and Caesar in a spin-off show. Just so much fun, great work on the language. It delivered on swords-and-sandals glory with some great Aussie + NZ overacting.

C R I X U S

Tecl0n

blogspot-tumblr-mt0ttfkn7c1ropvm6o3-400.gif

Why did naevia survive until the end. WHY

crixus' death was oddly beautiful for this series which tends to be crude (to it's benefit)

awesome show. now the only worthy action replacement is strike back which is also ending.

where's toku with the gifs

Hyunkel6

What an incredible show. I started with Season 0 and did not really care for it, but I stuck with the show and binged the other 3 seasons.

I also did not like how Gannicus met his end. I always saw him as the unbashing and carefree rogue-hero of the group who can get out of any situation. Seeing him crucified at the mercy of the Romans killed that image. At least, he died without remorse about Oenomaus.

Manu

Best ending I've seen from anything, ever.

I said that after watching the finale and I stand by my word.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
crixus' death was oddly beautiful for this series which tends to be crude (to it's benefit)

awesome show. now the only worthy action replacement is strike back which is also ending.

where's toku with the gifs

Not sure how they are going to top the latest finale of SB. That shit was WILD.

Zaph

Fantastic series, one of the best in the last few years.

What makes it better is the considerate way Starz handled Andy Whitfield's diagnosis and passing. They delayed the series and created a prequel to give him time. Recasting was the last resort.

Really glad Steven DeKnight is back running a TV show. Would have preferred his own show, Incursion (it sounded amazing. But expensive...), so Daredevil will have to do.

I feel like Black sails has replaced this for me....

OK.. Words fall from mouth like shit from ass - nothing will replace Spartacus.

Zaph

I feel like Black sails has replaced this for me....

OK.. Words fall from mouth like shit from ass - nothing will replace Spartacus.

Is that worth watching? Are the characters half as awesome, or the show half as exciting, as Spartacus? As action-centric?

m23

I just recently rewatched the whole series, love the show so much. Just a satisfying show to watch with something happening in every episode.

I have GAF to thank for prompting me to watch it. I saw the first ep and was all WTF is this shit, but GAF said to stick with it and I did and was amazed. I also love the fact that it has some of the best depictions of gay relationships ever in a TV show by simply making two characters gay and having no one else give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom