• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rewatching Star Trek DS9; still the best trek.

Thaedolus

Uh... what happened?

When did Voyager become the best ST? A few years ago, no one would have dared say that.

Between the Kazons who are bad copies of the Klingons, Janeway who literally does shit in the Delta quadrant and should go straight to a cell back in Starfleet, Harry Kim who doesn't grow and remains an ensign in 7 seasons, Janeway and Paris who become fish at warp 10 and go back to normal without a hitch, ... need I go on?

Ok, thankfully there's the Doctor and Seven, who isn't just a bimbo, give good moments, but there are a lot of episodes that are pretty boring to watch today.

By contrast, take Jem'Hadar... apart from one crappy episode, they're marvels to watch again. The Hippocratic Oath, Rocks and Shoals, By Inferno's Light, and so on and so forth. Every time, it was incredible.

We also talk a lot about "In the Pale Moonlight", but "Inter Arma Silent Leges" is an extraordinary episode. I'm not sure you'll find anything like it in VOY.

I'm not saying that VOY is rotten from A to Z, but the two series aren't in the same league.
This is an intelligent poster

GeekyDad

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Ah...kids today.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
One thing I hope we can agree on: Star Trek Picard was a joke.

And I'm including the 3rd season in that statement. The only reason anyone gave it a pass is just how abysmal the first 2 season were... it's still a terrible show in every moment. I can't believe I sat there and watched that absolute farce where Data tricked Lore into becoming a part of him through sentimental memories and just needing a hug. Or how Jack basically just needed a hug from Picard to stop joining the Borg. Everyone just needs some hugs and love.

I look back on season 3 and... it's like those TV-movie sequels they used to do for long forgotten TV series, where they'd have a Brady Bunch reunion or something, and all the old, confused actors would pretend to be their original characters for a while, but everyone has forgotten what their characters actually are, and they just sort of half-ass it like cosplayers. I don't believe that anyone is able to actually accommodate Picard into their head canon successfully as if those events really happened. It's an alternative washed-up universe.

Top Bottom