• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rite Aid Employee opens fire at Rite Aid distribution center, killing 3

tkscz

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/us/maryland-shooting/index.html

A woman who shot three people dead at a Rite Aid distribution center in Maryland was a disgruntled employee who had been working there for less than two weeks, authorities said.

Snochia Moseley, 26, opened fire Thursday at the facility near Aberdeen. She killed three people and left three others wounded before turning the gun on herself, authorities said.

Moseley showed up for work at the warehouse, where she was a temporary employee, at her normal time Thursday morning. Gahler said she went home at one point and returned later with a handgun, pepper spray and a pair of handcuffs. She began shooting during break time as some employees headed outside, Gahler said. About 65 workers were in the warehouse at the time, the sheriff's office said. Moseley opened fire outside the building and on the warehouse floor. The first victim was shot outside and five others inside the warehouse. She then fatally shot herself in the head with the same 9 mm Glock pistol, Gahler said.

Wasn't 100% if this went here or in Political, but I don't see too much politics in this one. If this is meant for the Politics board, can a mod please move it.

What gets me most is that she went into work and then leaves and comes back and starts shooting. I don't understand if it was so bad why even come back?

Edit: Crap this is the OT: Community, can a mod move this please?

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Black transgender female mass shooter. Can’t wait to see Ree’s hot take on this trifecta.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Black transgender female mass shooter. Can’t wait to see Ree’s hot take on this trifecta.

I noticed the headline a few days ago, and I wondered why it was not quickly posted to the politics forum by a certain few... then I read the story.

Last edited:

Weiji

Banned
How does one generate the desire to kill their co workers in less then two weeks? Jesus this person had some issues.

Boss Mog

Why is this in Community? Is there a community here for black transgender mass shooters? If so, please stop shooting people you guys, it's bad.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Edit: Crap this is the OT: Community, can a mod move this please?
As a reminder, you can report your own post and state that you request a thread move - Usually they pick up on this and do this for you ;)

What boggles my mind is
  • Her first suicide shot only grazed her. That to me implies that she only aimed the gun at herself and the gun was not in within her body, like her mouth. Else you would not have a graze.
  • Her legal permit for handguns expired in May. Why is such a person still allowed to keep guns if they aren't legally permited to do so, especially when she was diagnosed in 2016 as having a mental illness?
Hearing the mental issues, this is all in all a very sad chain of events, one that she figured could be fixed with a gun. The truth of the matter is, this once more highlights that gun safety is key and moreover mental health promotion needs to be top priority. You can't stop these events from happening overnight, but the gov can attempt to change the way people look at these things, aswell as encouraging mental health in general.

That being said, i cant find in the source if she was a trans, so i dunno why Papa Papa references that unless i am missing something (Searching on the source didnt help)

Why is this in Community? Is there a community here for black transgender mass shooters? If so, please stop shooting people you guys, it's bad.
I have reported the post to be moved outside Offtopic Community.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It can stay here it doesn't HAVE to be political.

Papa

Banned
As a reminder, you can report your own post and state that you request a thread move - Usually they pick up on this and do this for you ;)

What boggles my mind is
  • Her first suicide shot only grazed her. That to me implies that she only aimed the gun at herself and the gun was not in within her body, like her mouth. Else you would not have a graze.
  • Her legal permit for handguns expired in May. Why is such a person still allowed to keep guns if they aren't legally permited to do so, especially when she was diagnosed in 2016 as having a mental illness?
Hearing the mental issues, this is all in all a very sad chain of events, one that she figured could be fixed with a gun. The truth of the matter is, this once more highlights that gun safety is key and moreover mental health promotion needs to be top priority. You can't stop these events from happening overnight, but the gov can attempt to change the way people look at these things, aswell as encouraging mental health in general.

That being said, i cant find in the source if she was a trans, so i dunno why Papa Papa references that unless i am missing something (Searching on the source didnt help)

I have reported the post to be moved outside Offtopic Community.

Google her name.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ng-female-shooter-snochia-moseley/1378272002/

Moseley was described as a woman on Thursday by both authorities and court records. She also listed her gender identity on Facebook as female, but Moseley described herself as transgender in Facebook messages given to the Baltimore Sun.

"I just started talking about (being transgender),” Moseley wrote. “My sister is totally supportive, my brothers already had an idea, my mom I haven’t gotten around to admitting it to yet. but she’s heard about it somehow.”

In December 2016, Moseley discussed seeking hormone treatments.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Yeah you know i expect that in an OP and not that participants retroactively have to find additional common knowledge.
So ultimately you just advised the OP for the next time :)

That being said, her being trans, and the whole mental illness part further strengthens the main point i advocated for - Better mental health facilities. This user simply should not have had a gun at her disposal, for she was already diagnosed as having mental issues + her permit was revoked.

These things happen because screening is shite and health issues, especially mental health, are negatively ancient compared to other countries. For all its financial might and budget towards guns, war, and all that, there should be a state wide incentive to allocate even just 1% of the total budget of defense towards better mental health awareness. Hell, just stress that vets suffer often from PTSD, just create a narrative that can't be ignored.

It really pains me to see how these tragedies in the very least could have had barriers thrown up before such an act would be committed.

Papa

Banned
Yeah you know i expect that in an OP and not that participants retroactively have to find additional common knowledge.
So ultimately you just advised the OP for the next time :)

That being said, her being trans, and the whole mental illness part further strengthens the main point i advocated for - Better mental health facilities. This user simply should not have had a gun at her disposal, for she was already diagnosed as having mental issues + her permit was revoked.

These things happen because screening is shite and health issues, especially mental health, are negatively ancient compared to other countries. For all its financial might and budget towards guns, war, and all that, there should be a state wide incentive to allocate even just 1% of the total budget of defense towards better mental health awareness. Hell, just stress that vets suffer often from PTSD, just create a narrative that can't be ignored.

It really pains me to see how these tragedies in the very least could have had barriers thrown up before such an act would be committed.

I would hazard a guess at mind-altering hormone replacement therapy having a significant effect. Sounds like she had more than just gender dysphoria issues though.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I checked for a laugh, there's no thread about it, at least that I could find. Wonder why.

Mohonky

It'll be white hetero cis mens faults. Literally everything is.

Sounds like she had some issues. She went home and came back with the gun (not sure why also pepper spray and handcuffs?) which just seems odd, she clearly had some time to put some thought into what she waa doing.

I wonder if something at work was a trigger or she was reaching out?

Tumle

I’m thinking more and more that the diagnosis for mass shootings are mostly wrong and should be categorised as suicides with victims since they always kill them selves afterwards and there seems to be no reasoning behind it other than mental illness like deep depression.. it’s aching to the people who jumps out in front of trains just more dramatic and with added casualties.. it’s very sad that it goes that far and I really feel for the victims and there families..

way more

Remember when all mass shootings were directed at the workplace or a K-Mart that the shooter felt wronged him? Those were simpler times. You can at least understand why they would do it.

But now there are shootings where there is no motive or reason and nobody understands why.

lil puff

Sometimes, I get the feeling that this could happen at my workplace. Underneath the overtly friendly lovingly atmosphere, I sense that it is a cover up for some very hard feelings between some employees.

Nonetheless, this person was crazy. Watch out for the people you hire. I mean this in general and not directly to this incident.

Top Bottom