• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

River City Girls 2 US and Europe Release Date is 12/15!!!

[Sigma]

Me too. Going to drop everything im playing except for the SF6 beta and dedicate my entire gaming time to this until I get the Platinum. Im choosing this to be Platinum #100 for me.

Imtjnotu

City Girls Soakin Wet GIF by Quality Control Music

City girls stay up

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really enjoyed the first game, will be picking up a physical copy on the Switch

kubricks

Will there be a day 1 patch or something?
The framerate on those Switch's gameplay video look horrible, the stuttering rivals the damn Age of Calamity... I am not paying for that unless they patch it up.

EDIT: I really like RCG1 and it seems smoother than RCG2 video we see on the internet now.

Last edited:

ssringo

Don't see an OT so dropping this here.

For anyone wondering, the framerate issues are on PC as well. Locked to 30fps. Underneath that awfulness is a fantastic game though. If the devs fix the framerate issue I'd highly recommend it.

EDIT: Steam Deck is the definitive version at the moment. Performance issues (other than load screens) don't seem as bad.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

[Sigma]

Yeah I got it downloaded(PS5 version). Going to play it later on today when I switch my PS5 to my Samsung QLED. Right now I have it hooked up to my LG C2. It's going to be this and GRIS(PS5) til the SF6 beta starts.

Last edited:

kubricks

Having a hard time choosing between this and Jitsu Squad.

On one hand I like RCG1 a lot apart from the combat pacing (no OTG from default character meaning you wait for them to slowly get up.), RCG2 seems to be a lot more combo heavy which will probably alleviate the issue. I also loves the characters and the presentation in general.

On the other hand the Jitsu Squad gives me Fight'nRage and Battle circuit vibe which I absolutely loved back in the days! The combo focus gamplay and fighting game input moves looks amazing.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok, grabbed the PS5 version last night. Overall, its awesome!!! Has the same humor and a new wacky story and the soundtrack as expected is fantastic! Just a couple little nitpicks at the moment that im hoping theyre addressing with a patch:

1. Every time you go to a new area/screen, there is a loading screen for about 3-5 seconds. Over time it adds up, and for the PS5 version this shouldnt be happening at all.

2. The gameplay itself feels at times a bit choppy.....was immediately noticeable compared to the crispness and speed of the first one. I'm thinking just a performance patch could address this.

Not very far but its already a 9 to me. A 10 if they fix those two issues!

ssringo

The developers put out a beta patch earlier today on PC that fixes the choppiness. Should make its way to consoles soon.

Hopefully the load times can be lessened as it's pretty ridiculous on anything modern.

E: sucks there's no OT.

Last edited:

Power Pro

I couldn't get it sooner, but finally got my copy from amazon.co.jp. I didn't know it was gonna come with these rad stickers :messenger_winking: I loved the first game, and hoping the 2nd is good, but I'm glad I could get a cheap copy of both of these in a physical format. Hate going digital, and the Limited Run copies were too insanely expensive. Hate what that company has done to people who prefer collecting physical.

Power Pro

I've been replaying River City Girls 1 since I keep hearing how badly RCG2 performs on all platforms at the moment, and that a patch is supposedly coming.

I used to own the physical version from LRG of the first game, but sold it when it was just worth too much money to ignore. Anyway, thinking back...that first game did always seem to run kinda funky. I always ran into issues where I would press my buttons with the same timing, but combos would not work the same.

Replaying RCG1 on Switch, im starting to wonder...why hasn't anyone been complaining about the performance of the first game? Cuz geez...looking at it again now, it hitches sooo much. I can see it even when there's no combat, the game will just have terrible frame pacing at seemingly random times. I'm not often sensitive to bad performance, but I can visually see the stutter occur. It's especially frustrating though when trying to attack guys, and properly juggle them but it doesn't detect the input, or is just totally delayed. That's another thing, input latency seems like a huge problem sometimes. Input latency, or just lack of triggering an input at all. Sometimes inputs will go on for too long also if you're moving.

I love the first game, as a game, but these performance issues I'm running into really hinder the experience.

[Sigma]

I've been replaying River City Girls 1 since I keep hearing how badly RCG2 performs on all platforms at the moment, and that a patch is supposedly coming.

I used to own the physical version from LRG of the first game, but sold it when it was just worth too much money to ignore. Anyway, thinking back...that first game did always seem to run kinda funky. I always ran into issues where I would press my buttons with the same timing, but combos would not work the same.

Replaying RCG1 on Switch, im starting to wonder...why hasn't anyone been complaining about the performance of the first game? Cuz geez...looking at it again now, it hitches sooo much. I can see it even when there's no combat, the game will just have terrible frame pacing at seemingly random times. I'm not often sensitive to bad performance, but I can visually see the stutter occur. It's especially frustrating though when trying to attack guys, and properly juggle them but it doesn't detect the input, or is just totally delayed. That's another thing, input latency seems like a huge problem sometimes. Input latency, or just lack of triggering an input at all. Sometimes inputs will go on for too long also if you're moving.

I love the first game, as a game, but these performance issues I'm running into really hinder the experience.
Heard about some of the Switch performance issues last game but I didn't have those problems on PS4 and PS5 when it came to River City Girls 1. So I was surprised when I booted up RG2 on PS5 and saw/felt the issues. I almost immediately turned it off. I'll just wait for them to patch it before I play it. Which means I can't Platinum anymore games because I want to this to be #100 ;(.

ssringo

They did this game dirty. It's absolutely fantastic but they shat it out with bad performance right before the holidays and won't patch it until the console makers approve said patch because they want everyone on the same patch for crossplay even though they've basically killed that with the shit performance and lack of updates...

dcx4610

Loved the first game but I'm going to wait on a price drop and performance boost. $40 is too much for this kind of game. I'm playing through River City Girls Zero right now and oof...I'm usually pretty open minded with older games but what a dull game. Boring gameplay, graphics, sound and non-stop dialogue for a beat 'em up game. They probably should have just left this one alone. Maybe it gets better but I'd legit think something like Renegade is better.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
They did this game dirty. It's absolutely fantastic but they shat it out with bad performance right before the holidays and won't patch it until the console makers approve said patch because they want everyone on the same patch for crossplay even though they've basically killed that with the shit performance and lack of updates...

Agree completely! After platinuming the 1st on PS5, the sluggish combat and framerate was immediately noticable in this. Just feels off. Ive shelved it until the patch is out, i cant play it like this

jaysius

Banned
A 2D beat 'em off running poorly in 2022-2023 is truly pathetic and inexcusable, even on the Switch.

They needed to do more Q&A on this, don't reward bad behavior.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
1.003 dropped on PS5 today....downloaded it but i cant tell if its 60fps now. I think it is...can someone else try? Loads between screens are really fast now, like 3 seconds so thats great!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So.....the 1.003 PS5 patch was just bug fixes for some supposed game breaking bugs. The load times are super fast now when playing and moving to a new area but this still isnt in 60fps....that patch is still being worked on.

I gotta admit, im really disappointed at how they released this in a shitty condition and even now theyre dragging ass on the 60fps patch 😡 Shelving this again until the 60 fps patch is out.

Last edited:

Labolas

Yeah, kinda glad I opted for the PC version. It has a temporary fix for the 60fps. Although I will say that this is on the lower end of my favorite beatemups. All of glitches and bugs and the side quests aren't fun at all.

Fuz

Banned
Since there is no OT for this, here:

This game is fucking fantastic. MILES ahead of the acclaimed SoR4. It's fun as fuck to play, it looks and sounds fantastic and I fucking love the humour. Loving it.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
FYI!! If youve been waiting to get this or have it and shelved it while waiting for the 60fps patch, its live today!!!!

Im super excited to get back to it. I loved what i started but it had just felt off to me after platinuming the original at 60fps

O3cNNni.jpg

Fuz

Banned
FYI!! If youve been waiting to get this or have it and shelved it while waiting for the 60fps patch, its live today!!!!

Im super excited to get back to it. I loved what i started but it had just felt off to me after platinuming the original at 60fps

O3cNNni.jpg
Too late.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Played PS5 version for a couple hrs after the patch. Feels like a new game, tbh....60fps makes all the difference in these games. I couldnt be happier!!

Top Bottom