• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Pattinson Has COVID-19, Halting The Batman Production

ManaByte

Gold Member

Robert Pattinson is said to have tested positive for the coronavirus, causing filming of The Batman to be halted just days after the superhero drama resumed work at studios outside of London.

Warner Bros. would not comment on any individual worker’s health, sharing only this statement: “A member of The Batman production has tested positive for Covid-19, and is isolating in accordance with established protocols. Filming is temporarily paused.” Vanity Fair confirmed through a highly placed source that Pattinson was the individual who became sick.

nush

6Cb6F6i.jpg

Holy pandemic, this has all the signs of another dastardly plot by Poison Ivy!

Joe T.

Weird, first story I saw said the filming was suspended because someone on the set tested positive, but made no mention of it being Pattinson or anyone else from the cast. Now I'm wondering if there's any merit to this at all or if it's just more of the same celeb propaganda to peddle coronavirus fear. There's been a lot of that.

The line that sticks out to me:
The studio declined to comment about whether or not Pattinson had contracted the virus; a representative for the actor did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Weird, first story I saw said the filming was suspended because someone on the set tested positive, but made no mention of it being Pattinson or anyone else from the cast. Now I'm wondering if there's any merit to this at all or if it's just more of the same celeb propaganda to peddle coronavirus fear. There's been a lot of that.

The line that sticks out to me:
I'd read the fact that they declined to comment as confirmation, otherwise they would have just said no.

Stryda

Banned
Amount of people in this thread complaining about “propaganda”.

No wonder the west has struggled to combat the virus compared to Asia with the amount of arrogance and ignorance being spread!

Hopefully Patterson recovers fast.

Me personally, took me 4 weeks to shake it and another 3 months to shake the fatigue and brain fog.

VulcanRaven

No one of note is dying of corona. No one healthy, young or fit is dying of corona. Corona's statistics are warped by including every death as "corona".

You can throw WHO numbers or whatnot is peoples face, but this "pandemic" is the farce this clown world deserves. Vive la mafia, for it is going strong in 2020.
It can be really bad for fit people too:

Tesseract

Banned

JaseMath

But COVID is fake lololol 🙄

No one of note is dying of corona. No one healthy, young or fit is dying of corona. Corona's statistics are warped by including every death as "corona".

You can throw WHO numbers or whatnot is peoples face, but this "pandemic" is the farce this clown world deserves. Vive la mafia, for it is going strong in 2020.

Even if 75% of COVID patients are included for the purposes of padding, that’s still 47,000 that didn’t need to die.

Also, you're an asshole. No one of note? Everyone who has passed from COVID-19 is "of note" to the people who love them. You don't have to be famous to matter.

Last edited:

Stryda

Banned

Donald Trumps brother died of corona last month.

Joe T.

Which part of this do you think is propaganda?

tumblr_nyhqi4XD1e1uh9po1o2_250.gif

Pandemic coverage has been dripping with it, fake and exaggerated stories coming from all over the place like that viral video from CBS News of the crying nurse or staging a testing line with hospital staff to make it look crowded when it was empty (Sky News Australia Youtube link). Does it really shock you that Hollywood would use its influence to manipulate people? They've been doing it your entire life.

The Canadian government and individual provinces proudly admitted to it publicly when they gathered local stars to "get younger people to follow the rules." This is how our world works, when they want to influence people to do something they roll out celebs. Those celebs don't always know what they're supporting, but so long as they think they're doing the right thing they go along with it - easiest place to see this is in politics where most celebs have no idea how ignorant they sound.

Dwayne Johnson, Alyssa Milano, Tom Hanks, Courtney Cox, Morgan Freeman, Jennifer Anniston are all some examples just off the top of my head contributing to the nonsense. I raised the question about Pattinson because it comes back to back to back with the first two I mentioned and they could have easily stuck to the original reporting which made no mention of him. Why the need to throw his name out there after the fact if the movie is suspended anyway? His name carries weight whereas the announcement of a suspension by itself does not.

He's a healthy guy, only issues I could find were related to anxiety, so it's not like he's at any risk whatsoever. If he does have it he probably won't even have any symptoms.

Woopah

Who said anything about dying? The article just says the actor tested positive and is self isolating. What is 'propaganda' about that?

Woopah

tumblr_nyhqi4XD1e1uh9po1o2_250.gif

Pandemic coverage has been dripping with it, fake and exaggerated stories coming from all over the place like that viral video from CBS News of the crying nurse or staging a testing line with hospital staff to make it look crowded when it was empty (Sky News Australia Youtube link). Does it really shock you that Hollywood would use its influence to manipulate people? They've been doing it your entire life.

The Canadian government and individual provinces proudly admitted to it publicly when they gathered local stars to "get younger people to follow the rules." This is how our world works, when they want to influence people to do something they roll out celebs. Those celebs don't always know what they're supporting, but so long as they think they're doing the right thing they go along with it - easiest place to see this is in politics where most celebs have no idea how ignorant they sound.

Dwayne Johnson, Alyssa Milano, Tom Hanks, Courtney Cox, Morgan Freeman, Jennifer Anniston are all some examples just off the top of my head contributing to the nonsense. I raised the question about Pattinson because it comes back to back to back with the first two I mentioned and they could have easily stuck to the original reporting which made no mention of him. Why the need to throw his name out there after the fact if the movie is suspended anyway? His name carries weight whereas the announcement of a suspension by itself does not.

He's a healthy guy, only issues I could find were related to anxiety, so it's not like he's at any risk whatsoever. If he does have it he probably won't even have any symptoms.
This article doesn't seem exaggerated at all though. Which sentences do you take issue with and how would you have written it differently?

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.

If your american this is why they cant get a hold of he virus because its people like you saying and doing stupid shit. Go get the virus then and see how you fare

Top Bottom