• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roblox has been downloaded over 10 million times on PlayStation

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The biggest IP I’ve never seen more than a still image of.

Roblox-Parents-Guide.jpeg

Boom, you're welcome.

Unknown?

65 million daily users. How are you working out that primarily pc users who switched?
He said something stupid with no merit, so I made up my own stupid comment with no merit.

Also even if 83% of these switched it'd only be like 8.3 million, has nothing to do with those stats you posted.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I’ve had more fun in phantom forces (Roblox game) then I ever did in COD. Pretty much the only thing I use it for on Xbox.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
82.35% of those who downloaded it are people who switched from PC.
That's a pretty big number I guess. 8.2 million of the 200+ million monthly active users Roblox enjoys comes out to around 4% overall. Not too bad for a week. It's good that it's more accessible to people by being available on PS4 and PS5.

Beechos

People without any kids 10 and under don't know how big roblox really is. It's pretty much their equivalent of gta/cod/minecraft/fornite. Now imagine that player base and family buying them digital currency to spend playing it year round.

Last edited:

Outlier

I have literally NEVER seen this game in action, before.

Is it suppose to be like Second Life, but for kids or something?

Super sad. Dreams is 10x better. People just dont like the complexity that comes with true choice. :(
I don't know shit about it, but I guess primitive games have more success than stuff that is just too complex for its own good, ie hardly anyone will really fully utilize it and many will perceive it even as deterring. Especially with Minecraft's success the writing was on the wall, while anyone diving into proper tools like Unreal and Unity, immediately aiming at paid games. Sony probably would have had more success with doing another LBP and just extend its renderer to allow more styles, add the Dreams flecks renderer, and maybe offer several tiers of tools, to not make it overwhelming.

Three

Roblox is literally made for like 5yr old kids Is dreams something that a 5yr old would understand?
Creating levels? No not really, but is roblox creator for 5yr olds? I've not tried it.

Playing can certainly be 5yr old friendly.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
I have literally NEVER seen this game in action, before.

Is it suppose to be like Second Life, but for kids or something?
Time to download it, dude. No but seriously I hate this fucking game, I only play it because I try to be a good dad and jump on when my kid wants to play together. It's not like second life, it's more like PlayStation Home+Dreams but WAY shittier.

Top Bottom