• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar reportedly selling pirated/cracked games on Steam

FeralEcho

From the same studio that replaced the original GTA "trilogy" with the garbage "remasters" and removed the originals entirely.... Pirates are doing a better job preserving this industry's history than these multibillion dollar hacks.Eat shit Rockstar you lazy fucking losers.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Game preservation advocates be like:

Crypto Cryptocurrency GIF by Binance

StueyDuck

is not just their game now, they are including other people's work

did R* asked the crack team permission to use their work commercially? I dont know if they did but you just cannot take whatever people made and use it commercially, you have to pay for a license, some licenses require you to include the author in the credits of your game, some game cracks explicitly prohibit their sale

for example you can develop a game but if you dare to use a sprite let say a pokemon sprite nintendo will come after you because its their property

some dev dont care and some people dont care but you cannot take it for granted unless its public domain, CC0 or MIT license no matter if the rest of the game its yours
Lol its illegal work from a pirate trying to steal their work. I'm sure it's ok

Also they own the source they are allowed to modify the source how they want.

Lol its illegal work from a pirate trying to steal their work. I'm sure it's ok

Also they own the source they are allowed to modify the source how they want.

its still not theirs and they have no right to use it unless they have an agreement with the group, a crack is not illegal, the distribution of a pirated game is

they own the source code of the game not the crack

StueyDuck

its still not theirs and they have no right to use it unless they have an agreement with the group, a crack is not illegal, the distribution of a pirated game is

they own the source code of the game not the crack
lol well razor can sue and we'll see how far it gets them.

i hope you willing to cough up for the lawyer fees

Drew1440

Probably easier to grab a cracked exe than navigate through terabytes of backup tapes, assuming Rockstar still hold the source code for these games.

lol well razor can sue and we'll see how far it gets them.

assuming there is no arrangement and the crack is licensed in a way it restricts its commercial use and if thats what they want then yes they can or maybe they can simply contact online stores such as steam and block the sale of the game based on allegations of misuse of their property, steam for example can restrict the sale of a game if they discover AI was used for artwork

i hope you willing to cough up for the lawyer fees

no, I am not interested in paying someones lawyers unless is family or a friend or maybe if the cause is of my interest(not this case)

I dont know from where you get the idea I would support a legal battle in this case I am not in favor or razor team or R*, I am merely pointing the rights we all have including your rights because your comment was completely clueless about the implications of using someone else property in your product

you can ask your uncle scrooge about it, I am sure he can explain it to you and your brothers

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Y
assuming there is no arrangement and the crack is licensed in a way it restricts its commercial use and if thats what they want then yes they can or maybe they can simply contact online stores such as steam and block the sale of the game based on allegations of misuse of their property, steam for example can restrict the sale of a game if they discover AI was used for artwork

no, I am not interested in paying someones lawyers unless is family or a friend or maybe if the cause is of my interest(not this case)

I dont know from where you get the idea I would support a legal battle in this case I am not in favor or razor team or R*, I am merely pointing the rights we all have including your rights because your comment was completely clueless about the implications of using someone else property in your product

you can ask your uncle scrooge about it, I am sure he can explain it to you and your brothers
You need to go outside and get some fresh air

Top Bottom