• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roufus: "CM Punk’s beating at UFC 203 has been great motivation for him"

Kacho

Now that CM Punk has experienced his first professional MMA fight, his coach Duke Roufus is now more confident for the next fight.

But just two weeks ago, Punk’s coach Duke Roufus revealed that they are back in training camp, getting ready for the next fight. No date has been specified, but in a recent appearance on UFC Unfiltered, Roufus believes Punk had learned a lot from the previous fight.

“(UFC President Dana White) and the matchmakers had their weekly matchmaking meeting yesterday, and we’ll get some news soon,” Roufus said (transcript via MMA Junkie). “I just think the first time you step in the octagon, there’s something special you’ve got to deal with getting in there. For Punk, this sounds really weird, but now he knows what a beating feels like – a real beating.”

57d4e54108698.gif

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...-roufus-cm-punk-ufc-203-welterweight-mma-news

With UFC buyrates currently in the shitter I could see Dana giving Punk another chance for easy money. I know I'd definitely tune in to see how he does in his next fight if given the opportunity.

BadAss2961

Yeah that was harsh for his debut.
Hopefully they give him a more even match up this time because he had no business fighting someone with Galls experience.
Well damn, I guess they'll literally have to bring somebody off the street next time. Maybe pick a random audience member come fight night.

By all means it's his life to keep at it but don't try to convince a loss where punk did nothing was beneficial. Let's see if he's smart and goes against someone more appropriate to his skill level.

JimiNutz

Banned
Well damn, I guess they'll literally have to bring somebody off the street next time. Maybe pick a random audience member come fight night.

Or another 'celebrity'.
The new UFC owners are primarily a Hollywood talent agency aren't they? Surely it's just a matter of time, especially if ticket sales/profits decline.

norm9

By all means it's his life to keep at it but don't try to convince a loss where punk did nothing was beneficial. Let's see if he's smart and goes against someone more appropriate to his skill level.

It would literally have to be this, and it would still be a 50-50 outcome.

campbells-tomato-soup-484.jpg

GodofWine

Yeah that was harsh for his debut.
Hopefully they give him a more even match up this time because he had no business fighting someone with Galls experience.

No one IN the UFC wouldn't destroy him. He needs to be in a local fighting org not the major leagues.

Madness

Nah, that Mickey Gall fight was horrendous. Showed no matter how much he trains, he needs to be doing some fight club, local amateur bouts first before getting embarassed in seconds. I love CM Punk and that was one of the worst fights I'd ever seen.

Top Bottom