• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roundabout |OT| A '70s open-world game where you play as a revolving limousine

Sober

BTxjcfX.png

http://roundaboutgame.com/

Launch Trailer | Giant Bomb Quicklook | Steam store page | Humble store page

Developer: No Goblin
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux || PS4, Xbox ONE
Release Date: 18 September 2014 for PCs || Early 2015 for consoles

Part open world, part puzzle game, all twisted. In Roundabout, players drive passengers in a constantly revolving limousine to their destinations.

Set in 1977, Roundabout tells the rise to fame story of Georgio Manos, arguably the world's most famous revolving chauffeur. While driving around the town of Roundabout, players can pick up passengers, compete in challenges, find hidden collectables, customize their limousine, purchase property, and much, much more!

Roundabout's cutting edge full motion video technology allows us to put real actors in the back seat! Watch as Georgio Manos (played by Kate Welch) drives an all-star cast to their destinations.

Features include:
  • A revolving limousine
  • Custom paint jobs
  • Custom Horns
  • Custom hats for your limousine
  • You can jump
  • More upgrades like slowing down time, etc.
  • Buying property
  • Not taking itself seriously
  • An actual e-sports speedrun mode
  • FULL MOTION VIDEO CUTSCENES
  • A REVOLVING LIMOUSINE
  • boring stuff like achievements and Steam trading cards, emoticons, etc.
  • Challenges and leaderboards
  • Controller support for 360/XONE/PS4 controllers with prompts on PC
  • Did I mention a revolving limousine?

Screenshots:

I leave you with this picture:

Obligatory link to the Yes classic

Otherwise, glad this thread is here. If you are having Lococycle flashbacks, trust me, the gameplay on this is actually pretty fun, takes some skill, has a lot of content, and the FMV stuff its (at least to me) far more entertaining, and only takes up about a minute at the most at any given time.

hupla

Ive seen a lot of people excited for this game on my twitter feed but i cant tell if its because a few Goons are doing voices, if the game is actually fun(was really turned off by lococycle so im wary) or both. Its cool if people are jazzed that their friends are in the game but im not gonna buy it on that alone hahaha

Ive seen a lot of people excited for this game on my twitter feed but i cant tell if its because a few Goons are doing voices, if the game is actually fun(was really turned off by lococycle so im wary) or both. Its cool if people are jazzed that their friends are in the game but im not gonna buy it on that alone hahaha

After playing it that is exactly what I suspect. I can enjoy almost anything and I really really dislike this game. A lot of people in the game industry were used as actors. That is probably why people are posting. The game itself is very shallow and gets old really fast.

After playing it that is exactly what I suspect. I can enjoy almost anything and I really really dislike this game. A lot of people in the game industry were used as actors. That is probably why people are posting. The game itself is very shallow and gets old really fast.

I think people just like the game actually, but that's just me.

It seems like the type of game that you just put up with the gameplay just to see the next fmv, if that's your thing.

Exactly and the FMVs in this instance aren't worth it. There was one that amused me (the dull reaction from a couple of kids) but other than that.....sorry. Very dull repetitive gameplay, no incentive to go for a higher score, crappy FMV (which could have been funny but wasn;t in most cases)

robotrock

Banned
really surprised at how much i'm enjoying this game so far. the revolving limousine concept makes a lot of sense and i'm puzzled to how it's never been done before.

really surprised at how much i'm enjoying this game so far. the revolving limousine concept makes a lot of sense and i'm puzzled to how it's never been done before.

I'm in the same boat. I actually found the gameplay to be really fun, especially when you're going for top scores. I can see why it would be boring if you're just trying to brute force your way through it though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has anyone 100%ed this? I have 99.8% and I don't seem to be missing anything in game. The only achievements I'm missing are: 100%; Desert Bus; Spin 53,000 times; Finish eSports mode without dying. I'm not going to do Desert Bus, that's for sure.

Top Bottom