• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bloodstained 2 set to be revealed in 2025

Draugoth

Gold Member
p6kMmeq.jpeg
It's being developed in Unreal Engine 5 and it's considerably more ambitious than the first game

They are rebooting the artstyle to appeal for a wider audience: The graphics remind of Final Fantasy VII Remake, but the game has the same gameplay structure of the first one (Metroidania platform) but with very cinematic cutscenes.

Currently in development for PS5/XSX/PC/Switch 2

Development started in 2021 and it ramped up in in 2023.

A trailer for the game will only be revealed after the updates for Ritual of The Night are finished. There's a chance it could be revealed at this year's Game Awards, but it's 100% being revealed in 2025.

Source🧂🧂🧂

BossLackey

Gold Member
For the love of god please use pixels like SotN

That simply won't happen for many reasons, but boy do I wish we had a straight up visual sequel to SoTN.

There are very few games that look better. Sadly, pixel art is a dying art form at this level. Yes, there are many indie games that are using pixel art, but their sprites and animation are nowhere near where SoTN and Metal Slug were decades ago.

I would pay triple if we could just get a big budget pixel art game.

Astral Dog

Normally when i hear they are making changes to appeal to a "wider audience" i have worries, but in this case, it could mean anything, im not a fan of Bloodstained art direction it was all over the place, the Demon and other character designs weren't right and imo lacked the cohesiveness found in Castlevania(thats the best way i can explain it )

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to the Art and tech i hope the plot and VA is better handled this time around too

Skeptical

I hope this is true (I mean, it's a 4chan post. Are people really taking it as gospel?). I love Metroid Dread and literally just bought Prince of Persia 2 days ago (and am expecting to love that one as well). A third mid-to-high production value Metroidvania with a strong focus on action within 5 years would be a dream come true. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for the indie renaissance that the genre has enjoyed. But after being relegated to handhelds for a decade and then indies for a decade after that, it is great to see some flashier games as well. There's something magical about the two 1990s giants in the genre that spawned its name, both being among the very best games for their respective systems. While I doubt we'll get to that point again, it's nice to see some attempts to move towards that space.

Of course, Prince of Persia bombed and Dread, while probably selling enough to secure a sequel, didn't light the sales charts on fire either. So this might be the end of high budget Metroidvanias. But hey, it's nice while it lasts.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I hope this is true (I mean, it's a 4chan post. Are people really taking it as gospel?).

The sequel was confirmed in development in a leaked financial call and Iga said he would be revealing a new game this year. The question is wherever the information is true

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Hell yes, Iove Iga and Bloodstained. Hope they release another Curse of the Moon 8-bit spinoff game as well.

rm082e

Loved the first game. I'm in for this.

I also read this as "Bloodborne 2" and got excited for .5 seconds. :messenger_persevering:

Skifi28

Gold Member
This thread just reminded me the first game exists and I even bought it. Now to find some time.

Astral Dog

I hope this is true (I mean, it's a 4chan post. Are people really taking it as gospel?). I love Metroid Dread and literally just bought Prince of Persia 2 days ago (and am expecting to love that one as well). A third mid-to-high production value Metroidvania with a strong focus on action within 5 years would be a dream come true. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for the indie renaissance that the genre has enjoyed. But after being relegated to handhelds for a decade and then indies for a decade after that, it is great to see some flashier games as well. There's something magical about the two 1990s giants in the genre that spawned its name, both being among the very best games for their respective systems. While I doubt we'll get to that point again, it's nice to see some attempts to move towards that space.

Of course, Prince of Persia bombed and Dread, while probably selling enough to secure a sequel, didn't light the sales charts on fire either. So this might be the end of high budget Metroidvanias. But hey, it's nice while it lasts.
Metroid Dread actually broke 3 Million and sold very well for a Metroid game, idk what were Nintendo's expectations exactly but Dread is the best selling title in the series, i doubt the budget was that high and unlike Prime it sold most copies at full price, its also going to keep its value for a long time, as new Metroid games are released it may one day reach 4M

I hope as well Bloodstained 2 is a big hit, the original sold 2 Million this is good news for these two series ,there is a lot of potential for an improved sequel, that don't play it so safe and takes more risks

Last edited:

Roberts

First game was one of these that I would have never played if not for Game Pass. Completed it and together with Ori and Guacamelee! made me an overdue fan of Metroidvania genre.

Tarin02543

hated the analog controls where you have to point to keys etc. Made it impossible to play with a digital only controller.

Skeptical

Metroid Dread actually broke 3 Million and sold very well for a Metroid game, idk what were Nintendo's expectations exactly but Dread is the best selling title in the series, i doubt the budget was that high and unlike Prime it sold most copies at full price, its also going to keep its value for a long time, as new Metroid games are released it may one day reach 4M

I hope as well Bloodstained 2 is a big hit, the original sold 2 Million this is good news for these two series ,there is a lot of potential for an improved sequel, that don't play it so safe and takes more risks
Oh, I know. My point was that if Nintendo, the undisputed market leader in side scrollers, with the long awaited return of the franchise that created the genre, and on what may end up being the best selling console of all time, could barely crack 3 million units, then I doubt any other major developer is chomping at the bit to release their own MVs. Yeah, it's enough for Nintendo to keep their hardcore fanbase happy (I am assuming Mercury Steam is making Metroid 6 until I hear otherwise). It's enough for Iga to have another go at it (assuming the "ambitious" part of this rumor is true), since this is his wheelhouse and SOTN is perhaps even more beloved than Metroid in the MV universe. But after Prince of Persia's failure, I don't see anyone else jumping in. Which is sad. There are a lot of old franchises that could use a reboot, and at least on the surface a MV game could work (after all, even Castlevania didn't start in this genre!) and turn a dead franchise into an excellent game, but I just don't see more happening despite Iga and Nintendo's moderate success at this level.

And honestly, I'm not even sure if I'd call the first Bloodstained as a mid-high budget game for MVs. It seems like a step below Metroid and PoP. I suppose there are other higher budget MVs besides the typical indie fair, like Ori or FIST (I think? Never played that one). Personally, I feel Bloodstained might fall into that category. I'm hoping this rumor is true and it can be bumped up a level.

And as an aside, given the timing of Metroid Dread's release and this rumor, could we have a new Metroid and a new spiritual Castlevania released in the same year?

Top Bottom