• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Pokémon Let's Go Wooper and Let's Go Togepi are the Pokémon next games

Draugoth

Gold Member
r3lN7e4.png

Source
Gold silver crystal remakes for the switch
Direct sequels to lets go pikachu and eevee
Wooper and Togepi are the mascots
Kanto postgame
There is a new pokeball plus accessory based on the GS ball that has Celebi inside when you connect it to the gamesYou get a wooper or togepi egg from elm thats about to hatch and it becomes your partner
In game trades for hisuian galarian and paldean forms, but evolutions like Cursola are transfer only from home or go
Held items are reintroduced
Go park has moved from Fuchsia city to replace Johto's safari zone
Gameplay is similar to the original lets go games and awakened values return
New pokemon amie-like mechanic where you can play with all your pokemon not just your partner
Big in game rewards for transferring pokemon from the original lets go games
You play as a new trainer with a new rival
Your partner pokemon can find apricorns to give to Kurt to make new pokeballs
The gold and silver leaf can power up wooper and togepi when held

Saber

Gold Member
Sounds absurdly moronic, taken into account that both of those pokemon are not popular and a pain to train because how weak they are(learnset too). Not to mention the wide difference in their stats and the fact that Togepi can evolve into Togekiss.

If you want me to believe in mascots of Jotho I would rather risk Magby and Elekid. Both are not bad as baby mons, are fast and have good movesets.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Sounds absurdly moronic, taken into account that both of those pokemon are not popular and a pain to train because how weak they are(learnset too). Not to mention the wide difference in their stats and the fact that Togepi can evolve into Togekiss.

If you want me to believe in mascots of Jotho I would rather risk Magby and Elekid. Both are not bad as baby mons, are fast and have good movesets.
Togekiss and Quagsire are pretty good though.

Doom85

Carl Weathers’ final role will be revealed to be a Gym Leader spreading the good word of the home of the Whopper:

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Such great moments, honestly would have loved to see him and Tobias in even more moments in the show than what we got.

R.I.P. We miss you, man.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Togepi makes some sense? However, Let's Go is the worst version of the original games yet with a gameplay loop that felt beyond terrible. I certainly hope they never return to this style unless they bring back random battles and remove the constant catching mechanic. Catching new pokemon is fun. Catching the same pokemon 30 times is not.

Bridges

Haha I hope that's fucking real, "Let's Go Wooper" is so fucking funny to me

It seems like such an illogical choice but Gamefreak probably actually is that retarded

Codes 208

i’m not buying it.

Not the game, but the rumor. The lets go games were absolutely mid, i seriously doubt theyll go back to them. From gamefreak teasing b/w related vids on their twitter recently, i still suspect the next batch of remakes/legends spin-off will be centric to gen 5

If this turns true…ngl i may actually buy it (togepi specifically, who gives a flying fuck about wooper?) The lets go games werent the worst switch pokemon games (the p/d remakes were) and gen 2 is my favorite.

Last edited:

mystech

Gotta be a fake just off the Pokemon choices alone! Not to mention, I can see them using the "Lets Go" series as the first Pokemon games for the next Switch as a placeholder until the next main entry just like they did with Lets Go Eve and Pikachu before Sword and Shield came out. At least that's what I hope! Sure would be cool to see Johto and Kanto in 4K.

Stallone

Neo Member
I would love a Gen 2 remake in the shape of what Let's Go did for 1G.

But this looks like fake to me. Using the GS ball for the "o" in Let's Go sounds too much fan made...

edit: + I agree with Togepi choice being the first egg ever and all, but the other one MUST be Pichu!

Last edited:

MAtgS

It's very weird to go with Whooper instead of Pichu or Maril. The only reason I can think of is both Togepi and Quagsire are associated with Misty and perhaps she gets a bigger role this time.

Source is reddit who's source is 4chan

lol
Unfortunately it's just so specific and everything lines up with what would be in those games, and the timing also matches the usual mid-to-late February Pokemon Direct every year. Ugh, if these are the new Pokemon games that's so lame. They better not force motion controls again.

Top Bottom