• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Pokémon Games should be next?!?

Saber

Gold Member
New generation(once again), but with a twist. Game as a service, with purchable pokemons, season pass and lootboxes that can earn you rare itens/pokemons if you're lucky. Aways online would garantee that you aways have fun with your friends, for a price(aka Pokesubscription).
Content wise would be 1 hour at max, the game would be broken and runs between 10~13 fps, with promisse of future performance updates just like Scarlet and Violet had.
Price tag would be 70$. Would break records once again.

envyzeal

GygRQOL.jpg

Do it cowards

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
New generation(once again), but with a twist. Game as a service, with purchable pokemons, season pass and lootboxes that can earn you rare itens/pokemons if you're lucky. Aways online would garantee that you aways have fun with your friends, for a price(aka Pokesubscription).
Content wise would be 1 hour at max, the game would be broken and runs between 10~13 fps, with promisse of future performance updates just like Scarlet and Violet had.
Price tag would be 70$. Would break records once again.
f79.jpg

I would be curious how a 500 million budget Pokemon would look like. Would they be able to animate and give each pokemon its personality?

Kamina

Golden Boy
They should return to the Let’s go or Legends Series and remake Gold and Silver once again.

Last edited:

Skelterz

I think they should separate the online and single player into 2 games.

Pokemon stadium reboot will be an online hub transfer your creatures in and compete online etc it will be the premier online experience tournaments 1v1 2v2, maybe some type of Pokémon showdown EV IV Pokémon creator where you earn currency for playing the game to spend on making any creature you want as opposed to grinding for a perfect mon.

And with this idea they’ll have more time to make a better single player experience because let’s be honest the latest Pokémon is pony.

Jinzo Prime

Get new developers.
On that note: I want to see MonolithSoft (Xenoblade Series) work on a Pokemon game. Like, get Gamefreak to design the monsters and characters, but have Monolith make the actual game.

I think they could handle a spin-off with Xenoblade Chronicles combat or a mainline game with turn-based combat, either would be an improvement from what Gamefreak can do on their own. The engine improvement alone would be worth it.

Anything but gen 5 remakes. Gen 5 must be kept sacred and pure, safe from the incompetence of modern gamefreak. I don't trust them at all after what they did to 4.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Probably Gen 10. I'm eagerly awaiting Black/White & 2 remakes though. Especially 2.

I wouldn't mind if they did another Legends game, as well.

Start by fixing the problems in Scarlet/Violet (graphics/texture, art direction, richness of environments, cities having physical boundaries and explorable interiors, technical issues at launch, student trainers not being adults). I don't mind if they do this in a remake of Black/White or a new Legends game, they just need to do it.

Top Bottom